2nd April 2012

stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
is the 5th World Autism Day.

I know a number of us here have personal experience of autism.

As the vaccination thread continues to set emotions high about the vaccination - autism link.I thought maybe we could remember that while the debate rages on with no world wide resolve the children,adults and families that deal with the wide complexities of autism continue to live with it daily.

http://www.autismspeaks.org/what-autism/waad

Anyone supporting this cause through donating,lighting the world up blue,wearing blue?

Edinburgh city centre will be lighten up blue for a week and we have various events happening at work throughout the week.

Anyone else got events planned?

“There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    Nice thread ;)
  • sifoxysifoxy Posts: 63
    thanks for posting this.
    i have two sons with autism and more needs to be done to make people more aware of autism.
    there is too much ignorance from people thinking that a child is just misbehaving.
    i can kill, coz in god i trust
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    sifoxy wrote:
    thanks for posting this.
    i have two sons with autism and more needs to be done to make people more aware of autism.
    there is too much ignorance from people thinking that a child is just misbehaving.

I absolutely agree.
    Children with autism look 'normal',actually quite beautiful due to the symmetry of the face.I have had many experiences of people paying attention to the children because of their facial attractiveness.
    When the persons perception of a beautiful child and how they should behave is belied by the behavior characteristic in autism the children are then treated very differently and suddenly I have a spoiled child with me who is misbehaving due to my overindulgence.

Awareness in all aspects of this condition needs to be demystified and supported worldwide.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”