Live beetle bling

mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
seriously
what the hell

is 'all the rage' in Mexico
The idea of having a bedazzled beetle crawling around on your shirt apparently sounds great to an increasing number of people. Maquech brooches, which consist of live beetles with colorful, sparkly gems glued to their backs, are reportedly "all the rage" in Mexico. The bug baubles, which also include a glued-on gold chain to keep your bling from wandering too far, are supposedly an update on an old Mayan tradition. But those who crave the creepy cameos should be warned that, since they are live creatures, it's illegal to import them. We have just one comment: Eeeeeew!
fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    seriously
    what the hell

is 'all the rage' in Mexico
    The idea of having a bedazzled beetle crawling around on your shirt apparently sounds great to an increasing number of people. Maquech brooches, which consist of live beetles with colorful, sparkly gems glued to their backs, are reportedly "all the rage" in Mexico. The bug baubles, which also include a glued-on gold chain to keep your bling from wandering too far, are supposedly an update on an old Mayan tradition. But those who crave the creepy cameos should be warned that, since they are live creatures, it's illegal to import them. We have just one comment: Eeeeeew!

:lol::lol: Bugs make great accessories. There is a strong possibility I will be in Tijuana next month. I'l see if I can find them. I am not opposed to smuggling a few across the border. As long as they are beetles that don't fuck with the trees here. ;)
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10