Why does time move fast when we dont want it to?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Im sure everyone here has had that feeling. You are at work, working a shift, or at school, or doing something you dont want to do, and time seems to drag on. The clock moves slowly. Yet, when we are doing things we love, or arent in school or at work, say we have a weekend off, that weekend goes by so fast. Why is that? Im feeling that now, its spring break for me, and it seems like the time is flying by. But when the school week starts up again next week, im sure each day of the week is going to slowly slowly drag on.

Why is that?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • DOWNerDOWNer Posts: 60
    I think it's weird when I'm driving somewhere new; it seems to take much longer to get there than it does on the way back.
    <a href="http://www.artsymcgee.com/"&gt;
    artsymcgee.com</a>
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DOWNer wrote:
    I think it's weird when I'm driving somewhere new; it seems to take much longer to get there than it does on the way back.

This.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    cos when you having fun and dont want time to pass,you dont think of the..time...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    wait till you're fifty matters not what you're doing....
    'time keeps slippin slippin slippin into the future'
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    pandora wrote:

Not fifty yet, but Pandora's right on the mark, the older you get, the faster time seems to go

I swear 2011 was like a blink of an eye to me, the entire year, no lie

and fuck, it's April of 2012 already.
  • DOWNer wrote:
    Totally.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • DOWNer wrote:
    Totally.

i dont see that as that weird. i dont drive, but when i walk or take the bus to someplace new, it does indeed seem to take longer, but i think thats because i have no idea where im going. i am unsure if this is the street, or if this is the building. i often go down the wrong street, or look at the addresses on the buildings, something i dont do on the way back home.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I can't believe how quickly this school year has gone by !!!! :?

Once my kids started school the years have just flown by - so scary.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    mikalina wrote:

I was just saying last night in regards to my kids - how did 10 years fly by? my oldest is 17 and will be a senior in high school next year, but it seems like just yesterday he was in elementary school

but then other things never seem to end
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    pandora wrote:

ah yes the classic steve miller reference, nice one! :D
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

I was just saying last night in regards to my kids - how did 10 years fly by? my oldest is 17 and will be a senior in high school next year, but it seems like just yesterday he was in elementary school

but then other things never seem to end

i agree with this. when 9/11 came around last year, it was insane to think a decade had passed since the attacks. time does indeed seem to move fast in general when you think about it. Maybe thats a sign of getting older, sadly. ive noticed that as well just in meeting people. im 28, and there are times when i think about younger siblings of friends who were infants when i last talked or saw them, or when i remember them most, and now they are teens. hard to really contemplate