Swollen Pickle

kjw818kjw818 Posts: 96
edited April 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone have one of these? I got one yesterday and love it. Very versatile. What are some setting you guys play it on?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WHats that a distortion pedal? IM currently looking for one. Ive got Boss Blues Driver, Big Muff, Ibanez Tube Screamer and a Boss Overdrive/Distortion as well as my Fender Blues Deluxe distortion. I dont feel at home with any of them so hows the Swollen Pickle add up. Can you mget down and dirty and really tell me what its like
  • kjw818kjw818 Posts: 96
    Fuzz. Similar to a Big Muff but much more versatile. 7 knobs total on the pedal. Loudness and Sustain which are self explanatory, crunch controls the compression of the fuzz, scoop controls mid-frequencies, and filter adjusts the range of a band-pass filter rolling off high-end to low-end. Those five are on the outside of the pedal. The two on the inside are the clip and voice. Clip can get you a smooth or opened fuzz sustain and voice changes the intensity of the scoop knob.

I love the pedal. I can get a muff tone but also a tonebender like tone from it. I paid $129 for it but you could probably get it for under $100. It really depends on what you're looking for. If you want a good, all-around fuzz, then it is great. Also, it is LOUD. Hope I helped. :)
  • Not played it, but i really want one of those Fat Sandwich pedals ... which is sort of like the Pickle, but more better-er (imho) ...

BTW,
    these are Dunlop's "boutique" pedals ...
    which is fine by me.
    If the circuit is good, i don't care who makes it.
    Though these days I'm so lazy (and lame) that i play through a Roland Cube 20x with onboard effects.
    (yes its marginally mediocre sounding)
    ;P
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    I've become a huge fan of Dunlop stuff recently. They are putting out some really good pedals right now. The reborn Way Huge line is great. I want the Fat Sandwich as well. Either that or a 78 distortion. I just picked up the Green Rhino which is the first tubescreamer style pedal I've ever liked.
  • I got one a few years back when they first reissued them. I liked it a lot for a while, but never really got the sound I was looking for. It was always a little too fat with humbuckers through an orange. Just a little boomy and would get lost in the mix. Now, a strat or tele, and an ac30, that's a different story. I finally parted ways with it recently, and finally realized after owning a fuzz face, swollen pickle, big muff, fuzz factory, and fuzz god that I in fact don't like fuzz pedals. I'm more of a distortion/overdrive guy. I couldn't ever find more than a few songs that they really worked on. but if that's your bag...
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    ever since they hired Jeorge Tripps (Mr. Way Huge) away from Line 6 they have been crushing.

The Hendrix JHF1 is a great one as well. Love the swollen pickle I just wish they would re release the Tone Leper.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.