Had a kick ass day yesterday!!

whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
So, yesterday was one of my few and far between days off from work AND school, so I decided I would peruse some record stores in my neighborhood... I did and I found TREASURES in each one ( granted I'm poor at the moment , due to tuition fees, so I only made it to two of them)!!! In the first one ( called the Leechpit) I found a Ramones Zippo with the names of all the ORIGINAL members on it.. so I just HAD to have that.. and some band pins fpor my concert vest. Then I went on down the road to have lunch at this organic cafe, and discovered a treasure trove of a record store, called Independent Records. There I went and looked up Pearl Jam and found myself a copy of the Benaroyal Hall cd!! I was SOOOOOOO happy!! ( I've been looking for ANY copy of this recording for a very long time now..) So I have the guy there looking out for a copy of it on vinyl for me..It was such a Killer day!! Anyhow just had to share.. cause it made this whole week for me!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I'm glad you had a great day. :D
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Very cool! Congrats on the finds! :D
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :thumbup:
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,684
    :thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    sounds like a wonderful day! :D
  • VinylGirlVinylGirl Posts: 551
    Good for you!!! That Zippo sounds sweet!!! :thumbup:
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    I have to agree... GREAT score on the Zippo :D

Glad you had fun!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols