Pictures Of P-90 Tele control plate wiring

dogfootbluesdogfootblues Posts: 116
edited April 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guys. I could wait for a response on the other post so i thought this would get an answer quicker. I recently replaces my single coil neck pickup in my Standard Fender Telecaster with a P-90. I solderd it myself and the pickups work. I can hear the neck, neck and bridge and bridge pickups clearly apart from each other. The problem is that when plugged into my Fender Blues Deluxe reissue amp there is a really loud and annoying hum on all the positions. The hum is gone when my fingers touch the volume or tone knob or control plate. The hum also dissapears when i turn the volume down quite a bit on my tele. So i was told to take some pics of the wiring i did to the control panel to see if someone can tell me if i did something wrong. I need some help. I have the guitar apart infront of me and i need help as soon as possible.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pm sent.

it sounds like there is not a grounding problem if the hum goes away when you touch those things.

does your amp have a polarity switch? if it does try switching that. also, try a different amp and see if it still does it.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Definitely grounding issue...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • So it turns out that my soldering was fine. No need for me to have unsolderd and resoldered the 5 times i did. I took my Tele to a tech and he informed me that the 3 way switch was finished so hes going to replac it and give everything a rewire.