Unemployable...

dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
There are some Monday mornings where I don't want to go back to work, but this is a bit extreme... http://news.yahoo.com/austrian-saws-off-own-foot-avoid-report-135256211.html

And what is the reasoning behind throwing it in the oven, can somebody explain that to me??
1998 - Noblesville
2000 - Noblesville
2010 - Noblesville
2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
2018 - Wrigley
2022 - Nashville, St Louis
2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Ya know I always found that making up a little white lie about not feeling well or having a personal matter come up works pretty well.

His job must really fucking suck.

The reason behind throwing it in the oven? My best guess is the insanity that was evidenced by sawing off his foot inr order to miss work.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    well you cant eat it raw
    well you cant eat it raw
    Sure you can.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Ya know I always found that making up a little white lie about not feeling well or having a personal matter come up works pretty well

:lol: Indeed,that usually gets me a day of here and there without any actual carnage taking place
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • I knew a guy who intentionally had a fork lift run over his foot to collect workman's comp. :roll: :shock:
    I knew a guy who intentionally had a fork lift run over his foot to collect workman's comp. :roll: :shock:

Did he have a good story? Cause I don't imagine you'd get much if you told the truth on that one. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    they told me to do it
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    I knew a guy who intentionally had a fork lift run over his foot to collect workman's comp. :roll: :shock:

Did he have a good story? Cause I don't imagine you'd get much if you told the truth on that one. :lol:
    This happened in the early 80's It was in a giant warehouse. We were all crazy teamsters with rock solid job security. The supervisors had zero control over us. About the only way you could be fired was to commit murder.
    Supervision accepted that guy's bullshit story because they were afraid of the employees. Some workers would actually punch in and then go back home . Others would have keg/thai stick parties in the parking lot while on the clock and play wiffle ball . There were about 40 % who did do work.
    One guy took off all his clothes , drove a pallet jack, and picked up 5 dollar bills people threw on the ground.
    This continued past the offices and in plain site of numerous female employees. :lol:
    In the early 90's security was beefed up, cameras were installed, and the party was over. :(
    In 95 they canned every one. They closed down and gave everyone termination notices. :cry:
    They reopened 3 months later with a new name and all new lower paid / zero pension workers. :evil:
    dcfaithful wrote:

This happened in the early 80's It was in a giant warehouse. We were all crazy teamsters with rock solid job security. The supervisors had zero control over us. About the only way you could be fired was to commit murder.
    Supervision accepted that guy's bullshit story because they were afraid of the employees. Some workers would actually punch in and then go back home . Others would have keg/thai stick parties in the parking lot while on the clock and play wiffle ball . There were about 40 % who did do work.
    One guy took off all his clothes , drove a pallet jack, and picked up 5 dollar bills people threw on the ground.
    This continued past the offices and in plain site of numerous female employees. :lol:
    In the early 90's security was beefed up, cameras were installed, and the party was over. :(
    In 95 they canned every one. They closed down and gave everyone termination notices. :cry:
    They reopened 3 months later with a new name and all new lower paid / zero pension workers. :evil:

Fuckin' fun haters. :evil:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL