Options

VH-1 Top 100 Songs of the 90's

2»

Comments

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    lance_gray wrote:
    Sure, it's another list of greatness (?). But, PJ made the top 10 with Jeremy. There are a lot of other songs on the list that take me back to the good ol' days when I didn't have a mortgage and bills.

http://www.stereogum.com/archives/shit-list/vh1s-greatest-songs-of-the-90s-not-enough-pavement.html#more

i didnt see when they showed the boys but i sure as hell saw when COLOR ME BADD was on!!!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    the list was voted for on VH1.com so thus it's a legit list. If you're upset the Backstreet Boys are ahead of Jeremy, you should have voted.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Ask any professional musician out there and they will flat say 'yea duh, of course Nirvana was the best band of the 90's'. This list includes Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Bono, Eddie Vedder, even Puff Daddy. I don't have time to find all the quotes for you but they have all been on record saying Kurt was the man and Nirvana are indeed the best of the 90's. For the record I happen to think Nirvana and PJ are 2 of the best 4 bands ever along with Zeppelin and the Beatles.

Shouldn't have to remind anyone that opinions are like assholes and I think you listed the biggest ones you could find. Whether you play music or not it's still just an opinion. IMHO Nirvana is one of the most over rated bands ever if the douche bag hadn't killed himself we'd be talking about how quickly they became irrelevant.
    #FHP
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    seriously people. lay off the crack. it is a vh1 list of the top songs of the 90s, not the end of the world.
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    Shouldn't have to remind anyone that opinions are like assholes and I think you listed the biggest ones you could find. Whether you play music or not it's still just an opinion. IMHO Nirvana is one of the most over rated bands ever if the douche bag hadn't killed himself we'd be talking about how quickly they became irrelevant.

I agree....they have some catchy ass tunes but god damn do they get old quick. I can still listen to my copy of Dirt and Jar of Flies every day and never get sick of it. Kurt's music had the pop aspect but that also means it gets repetitive, which it is. Plus their unplugged was overrated too, they did a few covers. Unlike the AiC and PJ Unplugged, they turned some of their hardest and heaviest songs into beautiful acoustic versions.

Plus I stand by Jerry Cantrell when he says:

"...but Kurt Cobain was such a shitty guitarist"
  • Options
    I agree....they have some catchy ass tunes but god damn do they get old quick. I can still listen to my copy of Dirt and Jar of Flies every day and never get sick of it. Kurt's music had the pop aspect but that also means it gets repetitive, which it is. Plus their unplugged was overrated too, they did a few covers. Unlike the AiC and PJ Unplugged, they turned some of their hardest and heaviest songs into beautiful acoustic versions.

Plus I stand by Jerry Cantrell when he says:

"...but Kurt Cobain was such a shitty guitarist"

No doubt PJ is just flat amazing and the unplugged proves it.

As for Kurt being a bad guitarist I'd say on a technical aspect he lacked some ability. But he made up for it with brilliant lyrics, melodies, songs and vocals. The counter melody in 'Come as you are' alone puts him in elite songwriting company, as do the lyrics for 'Heart shaped box'.
  • Options
    xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    If you think "Jeremy" was a bigger hit and a bigger deal in the 90's than "I Want it That Way"...you seriously are a fucking idiot.
  • Options
    xkevvx wrote:
    If you think "Jeremy" was a bigger hit and a bigger deal in the 90's than "I Want it That Way"...you seriously are a fucking idiot.

Its VH1 who cares.
  • Options
    I would have definitely added Filter-Hey Man, Nice Shot. Not only was it played all the time back in the day, but even now, everytime you see a trailer in the theatre for a war movie or something involving Jerry Bruckeimer they use this song. I would have also included Blind Melon - No Rain, Rage - Bulls on Parade and a Foo Fighters song(I'd go with Everlong).