Which song reminds your of your first 'crush'

drinkbigredinsteaddrinkbigredinstead Posts: 2,240
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Sorry guys, my son will be 10 this summer and I can't help but reminisce....

For me it was Just Like Heaven - The Cure.

Funny how 20+ years later and I still think of him EVERYTIME I hear this song. He was a 'skater' had hair like Tony Hawk but was dark and misunderstood like Robert Downey Jr. /swoon :D Just Like Heaven was playing at party we were at when he asked me to 'go with him' LOL

Oh to be young again. Can't help but wonder what he's doing now....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Hmmmm I'd have to say it's Mr. Big's "To Be With You". Pretty sure that was my first slow dance with that crush.

Ahhh Good memories :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QD5n98R_nk
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    every song ever invented reminds me of every women ever invented :mrgreen:

my first crush and which song reminds me of her? um.... i was like what? in kindergarten and 1st grade. the song woulda been abba ~ kick me in the deal

how the hell can i remember back over 30 years ago? she just threw me into the coat closet in the classroom and tackled my mouth with her own... we had no song. we just had young wild blood goin on i guess, particularly her...
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:

my first crush and which song reminds me of her? um.... i was like what? in kindergarten and 1st grade. the song woulda been abba ~ kick me in the deal

how the hell can i remember back over 30 years ago? she just threw me into the coat closet in the classroom and tackled my mouth with her own... we had no song. we just had young wild blood goin on i guess, particularly her...

Was that you???? :lol:

Funny how aggresive girls are at the age. My 6 year old comes home filthy from school and when I asked why he said it was hard work running from the girls trying to kiss him. Too cute.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Listen to your heart by Roxette :oops: :lol:
    chadwick wrote:

Was that you???? :lol:

Funny how aggresive girls are at the age. My 6 year old comes home filthy from school and when I asked why he said it was hard work running from the girls trying to kiss him. Too cute.
    twas me :mrgreen:

exactly. although i sure as hell didn't run opposite directions. :lol: i wasn't one of those boys who cried out, "girl cooties" and ran. hell frickin no... i let them catch me....oops i tripped...or...oops i am too slow and stupid and can't run,,,,little suzie q caught me and we played doctor in her bullshit doll house :twisted:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Groove Is In the Heart by Deee Lite
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,823
    probably, embarassingly, "one more night" by phil collins and "like it or not" by genesis......ah your first break up :lol:
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Love Gun by Kiss :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    Black.

Wore the shit outta that side of the tape
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    magic man ~ heart

35 yrs or so ago...still i think of him everytime i hear it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uvr3dmptvg
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Hungry Like The Wolf - Duran Duran

:D
    aqo2t.jpg
  • mattdinglemattdingle Posts: 180
    Heart : alone. Am I showing my age
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    6th grade camp was our first dance..oh boy. I had a crush on a boy that was probably one of the tallest kids in the class...i was definitely the shortest...we danced to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q7Vr3yQ ... re=related

that's a nice long song to dance to... :lol:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    "Creep" by Radiohead.
  • kwdaleykwdaley Posts: 499
    Keep On Loving You - REO Speedwagon... yeah pretty lame, but I always think of her when I hear it.
    Ottawa 2011
    London 2013 "The Dundas Hookers on Crack" Show
    well played, sir

:lol:

did you dance in a suggestive gyrating manner?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I know it's weird but 'Pepper' by Butthole Surfers. :lol: he wasn't my first crush but any crushes before that time have no musical connections to me.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    There was this girl in 8th grade that I really liked. In ended up on the wrestling team that year and she ended up being my "wrestlette" which means she decorated my locker on Fridays and kept my stats at all of the meets. I always had my Walkman with me at the meets and cranked the shit out of it up until my match. And yeah, it was usually Pearl Jam or Pantera. One day she asked who I was listening to and I said PJ and she asked if she could hear one of the songs. Of course I let her because I thought it was awesome that she was using my Walkman haha. She ended up listening to Rearviewmirror and she handed it back and said it was a really cool song. At the time I thought that PJ just helped me become friends with the hottest chick in school but we basically never talked again after wrestling season was over. She was at my 10 year class reunion a couple years ago and she said two things to me. "Hey Brandon" and "You still listen to Pearl Jam?" after she looked at what shirt I was wearing.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    Loulou wrote:
    I know it's weird but 'Pepper' by Butthole Surfers. :lol: he wasn't my first crush but any crushes before that time have no musical connections to me.

That's awesome because my wife always says that song reminds her of when we first got together because I listened to it sooooo much in the beginning. :lol:
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Loulou wrote:

That's awesome because my wife always says that song reminds her of when we first got together because I listened to it sooooo much in the beginning. :lol:
    I love that! :D i actually have this on vinyl too, one of my favs! ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Sunday Girl - Blondie. She was also the crush..... 8-) In real life a school dance to Highway Star by Deep Purple was the cause of a crush followed by a few uncomfortable dates. They always look nice on the outside.... :lol:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Nevermind90Nevermind90 Posts: 722
    Nami wrote:
    Black.

Wore the shit outta that side of the tape

+1
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    chadwick wrote:
    well played, sir

:lol:

did you dance in a suggestive gyrating manner?
    I was 10... I don't think my hips could gyrate :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    This is easy, I was in the fourth grade, her name was Kacy and she loved this song. I remember how sexy I thought she looked in her leg warmers dancing to this! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYPxqZa5CAI