the no code sound

just davejust dave Posts: 260
edited April 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm just wondering if anyone has any information about the sounds the band got on the album no code.

i tried google, and searching this forum.

To me this album has the best guitar sounds, especially habit, holy shit does that guitar sound rock.

Seems similar to mirror ball, in that raunchy sound.

Does anyone have any information on no code, or even mirrorball and the amps, effects, and guitars they used?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I need to reread the article. But Ed's distortion on Habit was built into the guitar. Don't remember if it was a vox or not... going purely off of memory from the article.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    I need to reread the article. But Ed's distortion on Habit was built into the guitar. Don't remember if it was a vox or not... going purely off of memory from the article.

you're right, it was...i read that in the Fretboard Journal article. ridiculously awesome sound on that song
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • just davejust dave Posts: 260
    is there a pedal that can replicate that sound?

and what about a pedal to replicate the mirror ball sound?
  • just dave wrote:
    is there a pedal that can replicate that sound?

and what about a pedal to replicate the mirror ball sound?

for starters you're talking about the complicated nuances of RECORDED sound ... where possibly (but with Pearl Jam, and their "like live" attitude, maybe not) layered guitars are being used ... often two guitars (mike and stone) are playing at once and sometimes 3 (mike, stone eddie) ... or on mirror ball, (stone, Mike and Neil) ... and god knows what was added in the studio, in production.

But (and that was just to maybe help you understand how complicated "stealing a sound" can be) i would say before you go out buying pedals-galore, sit around with what you got and just experiment with different bass, treble, mid settings and gain settings on your amp. and reverb\delay if you have it.

Also, start learning how to "dial in" sounds with just your guitar tone and volume knobs, and pickup selecter.
    You'd be sure-damn-surprised how well you can "cheat"\"steal" a sound, just by dialing in your amp and guitar "correctly".

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?