Options

an illumination...

JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
edited March 2012 in The Porch
... :) I will state the obvious here, but I just found out another reason why Pearl Jam is the greatest rock and roll band of all time.. here it is: they manage to make sound shitty songs cool as hell, if played live.. I don't know how they do it (they use the same chords and it's the same song) but their energy just turns an awful song like Olé an actually good live song.. this illumination :lol: came to me while I was watching the dvd of Toronto 2011 night two (both nights in dvd are out here in excellent amateur versions via torrent style, but I guess you already know that).. anyway, they do that with the fixer too, and with other songs that are just good in studio versions (like 1/2 full and bushleaguer, for example) but become GREAT live..
just wanted to say this, this was a compliment indeed, I realize I called a pair of their songs "shitty", but that was just to better explain my point, that is: doesn't matter how bad those two or three PJ songs can be (you know wich ones, right?), they will fuckin' kick your ass live, that's for sure..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lcusicklcusick Posts: 310
    I agree- I was not a huge fan of Unthought Known, then I saw PJ play it live, and now it's one of my favorites. Then I saw EV- last June in NYC, and he played Unthought Known, and everyone went nuts!! :P