Point and Shoot cameras?

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Can anyone recommend one? I went to Best Buy and looked at the Sony cybershot, a canon and a few others. Looking to spend around 300-350$.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Aussie357Aussie357 Posts: 649
    Nikon Coolpix S9100 (or it's successor).
    GREAT in low light, and a massive zoom!!!
    You won't be disappointed :thumbup:
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    I'm a huge fan of the Panasonic Lumix. I used two in the past 4 years and think they are perfect in any condition. Plus they are great for concert videos as they have a great sound recording capability and match up to some hand held digital video recorders. All these pics and video were taken with my Lumix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foDB-_HESJg

Not trying to get hits, just want to show you the range of the camera.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    I'll second the nod to Panasonic Lumix; excellent cameras! Also, a friend of mine used to own a camera shop and he swears by them as far as point & shoots go. Canon are also nice (although the flash on mine seems a bit too strong at times).

Familiarize yourself with Steve's Digicams if you haven't already. He does excellent in-depth reviews on almost every camera on the market, provides sample photos, and links to purchase them so you can compare cost.
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    eddiec wrote:
    I'm a huge fan of the Panasonic Lumix. I used two in the past 4 years and think they are perfect in any condition. Plus they are great for concert videos as they have a great sound recording capability and match up to some hand held digital video recorders. All these pics and video were taken with my Lumix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foDB-_HESJg

Not trying to get hits, just want to show you the range of the camera.

real nice.
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    Lumix.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"