Options

Simon and Garfunkel?

B MerksB Merks Posts: 209
edited March 2012 in The Porch
Simon and Garfunkel?

Why do they keep playin there song (sorry forgot the name) Be my Girlfriend/Black Slacks on PJ radio?? Not a bad song but i dont get it - is it maybe a clue to whats ahead?
Brian Merkle
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    ?
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    are people tripping or what? First Ozzie and now Simon and Garfunkel? I assure you, we are not playing any of them on PJ Radio. I don't know if people's radios are freaking out or what, but it ain't coming from PJ Radio Mission Control. Can you tell me if you heard this on SiriusXM or Ten Club PJ Radio? This mystery is quite the mystery. I"ve been monitoring both all day and it's been full PJ as usual on this end.
  • Options
    NHiding wrote:
    are people tripping or what? First Ozzie and now Simon and Garfunkel? I assure you, we are not playing any of them on PJ Radio. I don't know if people's radios are freaking out or what, but it ain't coming from PJ Radio Mission Control. Can you tell me if you heard this on SiriusXM or Ten Club PJ Radio? This mystery is quite the mystery. I"ve been monitoring both all day and it's been full PJ as usual on this end.

Thanks, I just got through watching Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas. From that alone and this post, I really was starting to think that somebody slipped some goofballs in my iced tea earlier today.
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    by ogey38 » 24 Mar 2012 07:40

Funny - I was going to post after it happened, but forgot to- I heard Simon and Garfunkel 52 Street song (I think that was the title) earlier this week on Sirius XM Radio.

Nhiding - yeah, I did have the correct station on - I was totally confused when that song played, so I double checked to make sure I didn't accidentally change channels, and I didn't It was on Channel 22. Sorry I can't remember any more details. Right after Simon and Garfunkel, a PJ song came back on.

Also posted this in the Ozzie thread - wasn't tripping at all! Seriously, I did hear this S & G song. I SWEAR!

If it happens again, I'll try to grad you a screen shot. The S & G song was listed as such on the song identifier on Channel 22.
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    fotdfotd Posts: 514
    Yeah I heard it too. It was a cool but WTF moment.
    I’ve seen Pearl Jam 25 times, Eddie Vedder 9 times, and Brad once.
  • Options
    baruchrbaruchr San Diego Posts: 85
    I did hear the Simon and Garfunkel song last week while I was driving on Sirius 22 during the day, didnt really think much of it, just changed it for about 5 minutes then came back
    San Diego 98
    Irvine 03
    San Diego 06
    West Palm Beach 08
    Los Angeles 2 09
    San Diego 09
    Missoula 12
    Wrigley 13
    San Diego 13
    Los Angeles 1/2 13
    New York City 1/2 16
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    thanks for the details...i will look into this case of radio sabotage :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Scott the engineer must be in charge
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Scott the engineer must be in charge

:lol::lol::lol:

Make him do push-ups

--- going back 15 years there, but Scott screaming "I'm not doing the God Damn push-ups" was the first thing I thought of reading your post

:lol::lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,638
    edited February 2019
    I just came across this. :lol:

(This is a funny thread on the Porch, lol. People are trippin')
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options