Shark Tank

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone watch this show. Pretty cool if you haven't.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I've caught it a few times...some people are just so involved in their 'invention' they don't see what the investors are trying to tell them on how to improve their creation.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Love this show. I like how the investors take little shots at each other!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I used to not really be a Mark Cuban fan but after seeing him on the show I think he's pretty awesome. He just points at what he wants and takes it. I can appreciate that.
  • BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
    Love that show!
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    never heard of it, what channel?
    conman wrote:
    never heard of it, what channel?

ABC 8:00 pm Friday nights.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I've caught it a few times...some people are just so involved in their 'invention' they don't see what the investors are trying to tell them on how to improve their creation.

I agree. Some inventors don't realize the investors want to invest...that's how they make money. It cracks me up when some guy is begging these millionaires for money and they act like they know it all. Cuban always good for some one liners. :lol:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    we like it too! :D
    man they were tough on them last night

some good ideas though....

I wished the shoe kid got what they were telling them, he might after the show.

The ladies with the armor motorcycle clothing what a cool idea
    and I really like Doggie to go packs and its creator and his dog! :D
    I think we'll see that in the future.

Mr Wonderful ... oh he can be a meanie
    pandora wrote:

Yeah they were brutal tonight. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Yeah they were brutal tonight. :lol:
    oh no was I a spoiler :oops:

we usually tape and watch later too but last night was unusual no Friday night party

sorry :oops:
    pandora wrote:

we usually tape and watch later too but last night was unusual no Friday night party

Not a spoiler for me. I watched it late last night.And yes, I think the sneaker kid missed a huge oppurtunity last night.
    DS1119 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Not a spoiler for me. I watched it late last night.And yes, I think the sneaker kid missed a huge oppurtunity last night.
    yes hopefully someone will approach him to buy his patent but he wanted to franchise
    he had big dreams. ...
    Pretty snazzy website with some celebrity face time too.

http://www.theavevenice.com/
    DS1119 wrote:
    Pretty snazzy website with some celebrity face time too.

http://www.theavevenice.com/
    that's cool, maybe the sharks are the one's who missed out

the kid could do both... sell his patent and keep his store or stores
    looks like a good store for tourist areas ... wear a picture memory on your feet
    or like after a PJ concert! :D
    The episodes are getting funnier and funnier as the Sharks are getting more and more brutally honest. :lol:
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    DS1119 wrote:

Yes...the Dragons Den in Canada is good as well...Kevin O'Leary is in both...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I've never watched it regularly, but I've seen it a few times, and I caught about 10 minutes of it this past week. Seemed like they were all competing and stepping over one another to be the most sarcastic and funny, and they didn't seem interested in investing in anything, just cracking wise. And for good reason, the people they let in only made it through the screening process because their ideas were so terrible and the sharks could rip into them.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    I keep hoping Jerry Jones will appear looking for an investor in the Dallas Cowboys and Cuban ends up with 51%...I can dream :lol::lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I've never heard of the Dragon's Den. Just did a search on the old cable box and we don't get it here. Is it like SHark Tank?
    I've never watched it regularly, but I've seen it a few times, and I caught about 10 minutes of it this past week. Seemed like they were all competing and stepping over one another to be the most sarcastic and funny, and they didn't seem interested in investing in anything, just cracking wise. And for good reason, the people they let in only made it through the screening process because their ideas were so terrible and the sharks could rip into them.

I'm not sure about that. When I watch it I like doing searches on the internet for the business being pitched and they're all legitimate businesses.

The Dragons Den in Canada I think is better...and some people have some really good ideas, but on the other hand some really stupid ideas appear...and some people invest way too much money in their ideas.

DS1119 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I've never heard of the Dragon's Den. Just did a search on the old cable box and we don't get it here. Is it like SHark Tank?

Yes ... Kevin is on both and Robert Herjovic used to be on both as well. It's on CBC Wednesday night.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    it's fixed
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm not sure about that. When I watch it I like doing searches on the internet for the business being pitched and they're all legitimate businesses.

I don't mean it's made up or anything, but they let some people in that the sharks were clearly NEVER going to invest in. Like that yahoo that came in with Bruce Vilanch. And that one guy with the idea for the real estate website, where he was basically just going to take information from two different websites, put them in one place, and charge $99 for it. Might not be the craziest idea, but they weren't even about to be interested. The 10 minutes I watched they didn't even attempt to make an offer, they just told the people to get lost.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    lukin2006 wrote:

Yes ... Kevin is on both and Robert Herjovic used to be on both as well. It's on CBC Wednesday night.

Used to get CBC in Utica...don't in Smalbany. Yet another reason to hate this city.
    DS1119 wrote:

I don't mean it's made up or anything, but they let some people in that the sharks were clearly NEVER going to invest in. Like that yahoo that came in with Bruce Vilanch. And that one guy with the idea for the real estate website, where he was basically just going to take information from two different websites, put them in one place, and charge $99 for it. Might not be the craziest idea, but they weren't even about to be interested. The 10 minutes I watched they didn't even attempt to make an offer, they just told the people to get lost.

Don't hate on Bruce. :nono: :lol:

Bruce-Vilanch-4.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Used to get CBC in Utica...don't in Smalbany. Yet another reason to hate this city.

:lol::lol::lol:

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,785
    Shark tank in china mall explodes! :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAFSaVtJ5D8
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA