Pen, paper, envelopes and stamps

javis el errantejavis el errante Posts: 6,136
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Do people still write letters? On which occasions?

I've just finished one letter and one postcard. I have a special fountain pen to write on the sheets of paper, but a regular pen to write on the back of the postcards and the envelopes. I just write, whatever I've done so far, or whatever I''m about to do after finishing writing. I enjoy the exercise of trying to produce a legible handwriting, well form sentences and paragraphs, and stick to the standard letter structure, which is usually short, however I can write easily six pages of well groomed nonsense. The fun thing is that I write to friends who I see regularly, and with one of my pen friends, who is a girl, we write each other both in Spanish and English, randomly, we may start the sentence in one language and finish it with the other. But what I enjoy the most is looking for envelopes and stamps. If you think you can find envelopes anywhere, you are right, but not the ones I like, they are a special brand, with not so common measures, and the paper is really something. And I have to go downtown to get the stamps, I buy the collectible kind one, they cost as much as the regular ones, but they are LIMITED EDITION, I have a stamp that only 4K copies have been issued, but since it is quite new, and not good at all, it won't reach a high price or raise any interest from anyone, but still, it's fun to go and buy stamps, lick them and stick them on the envelope. Curiously, I don't send season greetings letters, just whatever I feel like writing, whenever I feel like writing, to whoever I wanna send something too... how about you?
... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    last time i wrote letters was the summer of 2007 when i was in boot camp
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i use very often..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Do people still write letters? On which occasions?

I've just finished one letter and one postcard. I have a special fountain pen to write on the sheets of paper, but a regular pen to write on the back of the postcards and the envelopes. I just write, whatever I've done so far, or whatever I''m about to do after finishing writing. I enjoy the exercise of trying to produce a legible handwriting, well form sentences and paragraphs, and stick to the standard letter structure, which is usually short, however I can write easily six pages of well groomed nonsense. The fun thing is that I write to friends who I see regularly, and with one of my pen friends, who is a girl, we write each other both in Spanish and English, randomly, we may start the sentence in one language and finish it with the other. But what I enjoy the most is looking for envelopes and stamps. If you think you can find envelopes anywhere, you are right, but not the ones I like, they are a special brand, with not so common measures, and the paper is really something. And I have to go downtown to get the stamps, I buy the collectible kind one, they cost as much as the regular ones, but they are LIMITED EDITION, I have a stamp that only 4K copies have been issued, but since it is quite new, and not good at all, it won't reach a high price or raise any interest from anyone, but still, it's fun to go and buy stamps, lick them and stick them on the envelope. Curiously, I don't send season greetings letters, just whatever I feel like writing, whenever I feel like writing, to whoever I wanna send something too... how about you?

You're a really weird dude, dude.
    5/19/2006 Grand Rapids, MI; 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza; 6/14/2008 Bonnaroo; 8/24/2009 Chicago, IL; 5/7/2010 Nobleville, IN; 8/21&22/2009 Chicago, IL EV solo; 6/24/2011 Chicago, IL EV solo
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Yup. I still write letters and post cards (not as much as I used to). I like writing letters almost as much as I like getting them. :)
    ELITIST FUK
  • You're a really weird dude, dude.

I'll take that as a compliment, so thanks... :D

have a nice weekend...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...