American history

Hairy DaneHairy Dane Posts: 205
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Hello all.

First of all pardon the somewhat misguided title, but it's late here and my brain isn't up to speed.

At the moment I am taking a course in US immigration history, and I "need" a book or books of around 200 pages in lenght about firsthand experiences in and or with said topic. So it can't be fiction nor can it be 'The little house on the prairie'. What would be nice are diaries, autobiographies of famous immigrants or letters.

So I thought: Why not ask around places where people are smart, helpfull and there is a somewhat big collection of US citizens ;) and I do hope some of you might have a couple of title, authors or the likes.

Thanks in advance
Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    These might not be what you are looking for but .....Here are a couple titles

Ellis Islands Famous Immigrants

Out of this furnace

Bread to Eat and Clothes to Wear: Letters from Jewish Migrants in the Early Twentieth Century

Good Luck ;)
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • Hairy DaneHairy Dane Posts: 205
    I love you! "Bread to Eat and Clothes to Wear: Letters from Jewish Migrants in the Early Twentieth Century
    " was just the book I've been looking for, or something similar! Thanks a trillion :D :geek:
    Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    Happy reading :D

Good luck in your class
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....