Now that the dust has settled... I can say Boston 1 was a better show than Boston 2

kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Having listened to the two bootlegs, its clear to me that Boston 1 was a better performance than Boston 2. Sure, there was more excitement at Boston 2, for obvious reasons - the Leash was dropped for the first time in years, Parachutes opened for the first time ever, and the whole show made us Smile.

But the band was much more solid during night 1. even songs that are often a bit stale - Jeremy and Crazy Mary for example - sounded fresh. Red Mosquito was phenomenal. LBC, Sad, Down... all very bittersweet. tremendous energy on all the Avocado songs. Forever Young - awesome. Master of War - wow, one of the best versions ever. the 2nd encore beat us all senseless, and then we rocked the free world.

Boston 2 was an experience I cannot forget. but Boston 1 has earned a top spot in my bootleg collection.

and no, I'm not biased because I puked at Boston 2. ha... i almost forgot to mention it. it was at the beginning of MMJ's that it happened and i was feeling great during the entire pearl jam set.