Options

Imagine Pearl Jam playing the Orpheum in Boston in '07

kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
edited January 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
I was only 17 when they played there on 04-12-1994. I was a massive Pearl Jam fan then too, but I didn't have any money, and hell.. those tickets would have been damn near impossible to get.

But if they were to play there again (after a few nights at the Garden, of course), I would exhaust all possible means to get to that show. I have seen a few other bands play there, and the sound is top notch. The environment is intimate and has timeless feel to it. There's not much leg room, but everyone will be standing up and rocking out anyway.

After just hearing "Love, Reign O'er Me" - to hear that live in the Orpheum would be one of the greatest moments in music history. I don't exaggerate, people!

So consider this a petition of sorts.

You might say I'm a dreamer, but I KNOW I'm not the only one.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    go prego pre Posts: 651
    i consider that 4/12/94 show to be the band's best ever set. just incredible.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    bostonjimbostonjim Posts: 194
    That would be incredible Kenny! I was 17 when the plyed there in '94 and had no money or a car to get there. A friend of mine at the time got to go I was so jealous. I agree with you. I've been to the Orpheum for lots of shows and its my favorite venue. I would do anything to see the band there!
  • Options
    I would also LOVE to see pearl jam play at the orpheum also probably the best venue in boston area
  • Options
    I think about what it musta been like to see Pearl Jam there every time I go there. The whole place mutsa been shaking.
    coming up

MSG 1
    Ringo the next night in Boston
    Hartford
    Boston 1 & 2

hell's yeah...
  • Options
    keep the dream alive.
  • Options
    i'd rather see them play the orpheum in Memphis...considering boston got shows in 06 and 05
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    i'd rather see them play the orpheum in Memphis...considering boston got shows in 06 and 05

we didn't actually get any shows in '05... but in '04 we did. i know what you mean though - since '03, we have gotten 7 shows, which is probably more than any other city.

and I do feel the pain of the South.

but i gotta fight for my home turf!

start your own damn thread! :D;)
  • Options
    DMBPJ20DMBPJ20 Posts: 160
    Seeing Pearl Jam at the Orpheum would be absolutely amazing.
    You're lucky! :)
    ...I just wanna scream hello...
    No L-O-I-T-E-R-I-N-G Alllloooowed.

I'll ride the wave, where it takes me.
  • Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 265

yeah...but then they'd have to go to Memphis!
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    I wonder how many Orpheum theatres there are in the world, seems every big city has one.
  • Options
    I just time traveled back from the future, where I took this picture.

Man, what a show! And it wouldn't have happened without this thread. To all who will attend, you're welcome! I won't spoil it by telling you what happened, but it was awesome!
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    After this past tour, whenever PJ is in Boston, I plan to be there too.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    CynCyn Posts: 21
    I was lucky enough to be there 10th row ! With tickets from 10 club. The energy in the air between the band and the crowd was amazing and the guys were all SO into it and SO happy! Ahhhh one of the best days in my life.
    "I got a feeling" was the best ! Those few days in April were the best time of my life. Meeting the guys all but Dave A, meeting people I had only known on paper or on the computer for the first time. making new friends, memories to last forever.... 29 years old and the best year of my life !!
    "I won't change direction and I won't change my mind, how much difference does it make?"
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    I just time traveled back from the future, where I took this picture.

Man, what a show! And it wouldn't have happened without this thread. To all who will attend, you're welcome! I won't spoil it by telling you what happened, but it was awesome!

Nice job!
    Don't really like the orpheum. Ever been there in the summer? No A/c at all and really hot! Just saw TOOL and NIN there. Yea, great energy, but a rat hole of a place. Now, The Wang Center (the old Music Hall), that would be great. I know they don't have rock shows there any more, but if your going to wish...... I did see some great bands at both venues, and would take The Wang any day.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    cuyler41 wrote:
    I wonder how many Orpheum theatres there are in the world, seems every big city has one.
    Maybe they should do an Orpheum tour and play all the Orpheum theaters...then Boston and Memphis both would be played :)
  • Options
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    we didn't actually get any shows in '05... but in '04 we did. i know what you mean though - since '03, we have gotten 7 shows, which is probably more than any other city.

and I do feel the pain of the South.

but i gotta fight for my home turf!

start your own damn thread! :D;)
    There's already enough threads about the South....I thought I'd infiltrate yours! ;)
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,944
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    since '03, we have gotten 7 shows, which is probably more than any other city.
    are u talking bout actually in the city of boston or in and around the city of boston
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    are u talking bout actually in the city of boston or in and around the city of boston

in and around the city. Mansfield is not too far out of the city and that constitutes Boston for me. although... it might actually be closer to Providence, RI?

anyway, I just wanted to bump up this thread since Pearl Jam hasn't announced their tour dates yet... keep the dream alive!!! :D