Woman delivers at airport -- 4 lbs, 12 oz of heroin

mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
she set a record
some record

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/ ... in-pellets

A record was set at Dulles Airport over the weekend: the most heroin ever recovered there from a human stomach.
Please don't try this one at home. (Or at the airport. Definitely not at the airport.)
On Saturday, U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers arrested a Nigerian woman who'd allegedly ingested 180 thumb-sized pellets of heroin.
That amounts to 4 pounds, 12 ounces.
Read the original story at NBCWashington.com
Bola Adebisi, 52, arrived at Dulles from Nigeria on Wednesday, March 14. During a secondary inspection, Adebisi said she was going to stay with her brother, but was unable to provide her brother’s address, phone number or physical description, authorities said.

During a routine patdown, a female CBP officer noticed that Adebisi’s stomach was abnormally rigid, and an X-ray at a local hospital discovered some hidden cargo, authorities said.
By the time an affidavit was submitted for criminal charges, Adebisi had passed a number of pellets that had a combined weight exceeding 100 grams, authorities said. She remained in the hospital until Saturday night, when X-rays confirmed she'd passed them all.
Adebisi will be prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Virginia.
"The amount of pellets and heroin this woman ingested is incredible, a serious health risk, and very troubling if these numbers become the new normal," said Christopher Hess, CBP Port Director for the Port of Washington, D.C.
The previous largest "internal pellet seizure" at Dulles was March 30, 2011, according to CBP. A 46-year-old Nigerian man was arrested after expelling 100 pellets of heroin with a combined weight of a little more than four pounds.
fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    that's disgusting.

First of all, no amount of money could ever tempt me to do something like that, and secondly, you have a story that will stand up to the custom's people - you don't come in all willy nilly and make something up on the fly. Huge red flag.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    good god.

cue the oprah 40 lbs. of crack jokes....
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    people do alarming thing out of desperation.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    chadwick wrote:
    people do alarming thing out of desperation.

Agree.

She was put in serious danger as the runner
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”