AM I WEARING MY SHIRTS WRONG?

The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
in the past 5 months 4 of my shirts have developed holes on the sleeve where the elbow is. 4 of them!

the first 3 were older shirts that i love and just didn't want to part with. so i went to the dry cleaner and had them patched. yes, i did that......all 3 of them ripped within a few wears. :x

so back in november i restocked. got some new nice work shirts. button down shirts. today i am wearing one of them and i notice that familiar drafty sensation coming from my right elbow. look over and, sure enough, yup----a fucking hole! this shirt is less than 5 months old! what is going on?!?! these arent' cheap shirts either. this one, especially is nice. forget the brand but i bought it for a wedding. son of a bitch.

so i need your advice. what am i doing wrong? how do you wear your shirts? :?
www.myspace.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    Maybe you jsut lean on your elbows more than you notice. I do that a lot when I type at work because my PC is in a corner. I never really noticed it until one of my jackets started to wear a little bit around the elbows.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    wear short sleeves
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    This used to happen to a guy who sat near me in an old office. It turned out the culprit was the arm on his chair which was a little chewed up.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I let my wallet burn holes in a few of my best and expensive suits and had to have them patched. I learned to keep the wallet in the jacket pocket. thank goodness for casual business dress.

you could roll the sleeves up? reposition your desk arrangement?

maybe stop falling asleep at your desk with your hand holding up your head?
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Moisturize your elbows.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    I think its your partner playing a nasty trick on ya... cutting lil holes in there to get it started, f'king with your mind

OR

You got some dry ass elbows, sandpaper in comparison, and in desperate need of moisturizer.

:lol: i kid i kid...

LOL just seen JKs post.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • The elbow joint is a bony prominence that is frequently flexed,extended,and leaned on. The sleeves will wear in that area.

You could switch to wearing strait-jackets. :wtf:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    How big are your biceps?
  • Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    29nfew0.jpg
    How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Do you juggle with those shirts on ?
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    It could be that you need a size bigger, you could be putting undue pressure on the area every time you move your arms. None of the material should be stretched when you're making normal arm movements.
  • It could be that you need a size bigger, you could be putting undue pressure on the area every time you move your arms. None of the material should be stretched when you're making normal arm movements.
    It is important to look good , not to feel good....... Fernando Lamas
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Maybe you jsut lean on your elbows more than you notice. I do that a lot when I type at work because my PC is in a corner. I never really noticed it until one of my jackets started to wear a little bit around the elbows.

but i've been wearing shirts the same way for over 3 decades now. i'm a shirt wearing veteran at thsi point and i''m not doing anything different with my elbows now than i was in the past. why now, all of a sudden, am i having this problem? :x
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    sounds like a job for the myth busters
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I would say put a patch inside the sleeve before you start wearing them. Then you'll discover if your wearing them out from either the inside or the outside.

If it's the inside - moisturise. If it's the outside check your desk and see if it's getting rough.

Either that or just give up and say 'by heck they don't make shirts like they used to'.
    81 wrote:

and i dont need to moisterize my elbow. little pointy maybe, but it ain't dry
    www.myspace.com

i love how there is actually a guide to avoid getting holes in your sleeves. god bless the internet :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I think the newest thing is to wear you shirt inside out.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:

and i dont need to moisterize my elbow. little pointy maybe, but it ain't dry
    haha @ 81 .. myth busters :lol:
    i dislike those clowns
    they do infact drive me batty
    they are the sole reason i do not own a television set
    kidding.......

jeagler... i think i know what's up. if i were you i would (as others suggested) apply dry skin lotion to myself. baby oil, vaseline, aloe vera cream and what have you. it could be your elbows are sharp, rigid and pointy. if you elbow your nearest or most unfavorite co-worker upside the head will your elbows drawl blood from his/her skull?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    also as someone posted above, you need the patches on your elbows shirts and business jackets. you know, like a professor or steven stills. (currently i am looking for the song where he wears patches on his elbows jacket.)
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    also as someone posted above, you need the patches on your elbows shirts and business jackets. you know, like a professor or steven stills. (currently i am looking for the song where he wears patches on his elbows jacket.)

patches on the outside? i have to do that because of pointy elbow condition? :x

well...i guess that could be my thing then. people will recognize me because of my elbow patches.
    www.myspace.com