Options

Best versions of new songs

Johhny YenJohhny Yen Posts: 26
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I'm trying to put together a live compilation from the first leg of the tour and I'd like your opinions: Which are the best versions and why you prefer them. (please no "because I was there" responses :P)

It's going to be mainly new songs plus a few oldies (Hail Hail, Given To Fly, Lowlight, Leash, Rats and Why Go)

Thanks!
MSG 1&2 2003
Boston 3 2003
Milan 2006
Athens 2006
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    Johhny Yen wrote:
    I'm trying to put together a live compilation from the first leg of the tour and I'd like your opinions: Which are the best versions and why you prefer them. (please no "because I was there" responses :P)

It's going to be mainly new songs plus a few oldies (Hail Hail, Given To Fly, Lowlight, Leash, Rats and Why Go)

Thanks!

Rolling Stone says Grand Rapids has the best WWS, I was at this show and Detroit so I will refrain from anymore of those... except to add Comatose from Grand Rapids as well :>) Matts drums into Mikes solo is unmatched, plus the crowd singing comes thru the best on this one.

Other than that Gone from Albany sounds the best I have heard. Life Wasted and Severed Hand sound top-notch on all the boots.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. :)

We agree on Gone, the Albany version was my pick too.
    Will have to check the others out.
    MSG 1&2 2003
    Boston 3 2003
    Milan 2006
    Athens 2006
  • Options
    Could really use some help with Comatose, WWS, Inside Job and Severed Hand especially.

The Grand Rapids Comatose is definately one of the best, if not the best I've heard (just listen to Matt during Mike's solo!), but Ed misses the first line and it's a little distracting..

Anyone else?
    MSG 1&2 2003
    Boston 3 2003
    Milan 2006
    Athens 2006
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Severed Hand, Boston II. Lots of energy to open the show.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Everything from the Grand Rapids show, you can't go wrong.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 591
    imo Hartford had some of the best sounding new material...especially Comatose. Everyone likes the songs for different reason though. Check out Hartford. Severed Hand has a nice long intro and everything is crystal clear. Good luck.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    Thanks people!
    WWS and Comatose are still giving me a hard time, I've heard so many I can't even tell the difference anymore lol!

Keep them coming! :)
    MSG 1&2 2003
    Boston 3 2003
    Milan 2006
    Athens 2006
  • Options
    Daughter from Cleveland. It's Ok by Dead Moon was mixed in...unreal.
  • Options
    "immortality" from Cleveland, OH because Ed put in the old intro from the '96 tour at the beginning. It was on the Berlin, Germany 11.03.96 bootleg from years ago. Mine was called "Checkpoint Charlie." The intro has been played since but not all that often. Not sure what the relationship is between the two, but I know I like it! I wish it was more of a staple and it was played all the time. I like the idea of there being an intro or tag that is always connected to a song. Ala "untitled" to "mfc" and "save it for later" at the end of "betterman", or even "romanza" at the beginning of "betterman" for instance during the 2000 tour. Later
    Foo4Everlong
  • Options
    Severed Hand and Come Back from Chicago I
    I'll swallow poison, until I grow immune
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room...

New Orleans 08/14/2000, 04/08/2003
    Chicago 05/16/2006, 05/17/2006
    San Diego 07/07/2006