The most under appreciated actor of our time...

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
...Mr. Clint Howard. Kudos to you sir.

santawithmuscles%20(6)_thumb%5B7%5D.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I would agree wholeheartedly. This is quite possibly one of the best scenes of all time:

http://youtu.be/mXOtZqsekV8

NO BUSINESS!! :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I would agree wholeheartedly. This is quite possibly one of the best scenes of all time:

That clip is enough to drive someone nuts! :crazy:
  • big mickbig mick Posts: 773
    DS1119 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

That clip is enough to drive someone nuts! :crazy:
    Ouch my brain!
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    He is one cute baby :?

howard-in-star-trek_thumb.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    He is one cute baby :?

howard-in-star-trek_thumb.jpg

:shock:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I was taking to someone about Clint Howard a couple Weeks ago and he had no idea who the man was! Needles to say I educated him.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Remember that Seinfeld ep he was in? The one where they were in Cali because they thought Kramer was the smog killer I think. Clint was in the cop car with Jerry and George and the cop had to stop for something and Clint snuck out of the car with his handcuffs on :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Remember that Seinfeld ep he was in? The one where they were in Cali because they thought Kramer was the smog killer I think. Clint was in the cop car with Jerry and George and the cop had to stop for something and Clint snuck out of the car with his handcuffs on :lol:

He just pops up everywhere. :lol:
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    PAUL Giamatti.

So Awesome.

Steve Busemi , but we all know that.
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    My wireless connection is slow. As that pic was loading, top to bottom, I was thinking "when will that forehead end!?"
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    a99_clint.jpg

"I am not what you would call a handsome man. The good lord chose not to bless me with charm, athletic ability or a fully functional brain."
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Also, he was an MTV Lifetime Achievement Award winner in 1998!

No, I am not in his fan club ;) but I remembered seeing these awards and found the 2011 award when I was trying to remeber the MTV thing!
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    Carey wrote:
    Also, he was an MTV Lifetime Achievement Award winner in 1998!

Now if anybody asks you what Godzilla, Jason Voorhees, Chewbacca and Clint Howard all have in common, you know the answer.
  • Daniel Day Lewis. He's recognized and respected, but nowhere near to the degree he deserves to be. I still say his performance in There Will be Blood was the single greatest acting in a movie in history. Flawless in every aspect. The fact he's so picky and has appeared in just 4 films since 1997, i think makes it so he isnt talked about in the degree and manner he deserves to be talked about in. He's not referenced much, and thus is in the insane and mindboggling predicament of being possibly the greatest living actor, or at least among the best of his entire generation, yet, is not recognized in the US in the manner he deserves.

Others would be Phillip Seymour Hoffman. He's beloved by a segment of the movie going population, but society at large, i dont think knows who he is, or has seen many of his films. How many people saw Happiness, which is among his best work? He's one of those guys like Daniel, who is worshipped by people like me, but is largely unrecognized.

John Hawkes-gave mindblowing performances in WInters Bone and Martha Marcy May Marlene

Emile Hirsch's back catalogue is pretty damn impressive. Into the Wild obviously, but The Mudge Boy is as emotionally devastating and brutal and raw as anything ive ever seen.

Someone like Johnny Depp, is famous, but i dont think he gets nearly enough credit for the body of work he has built, a body of work thats as eclectic and bizaare and full of risks as ive ever seen.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Aunt Landers SUCKS!!!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Clint as "Slinky" in Tango & Cash might be the finest performance ever committed to film.

Clint? May I speak to Slinky?
    8261-18946.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Daniel Day Lewis. He's recognized and respected, but nowhere near to the degree he deserves to be. I still say his performance in There Will be Blood was the single greatest acting in a movie in history. Flawless in every aspect. The fact he's so picky and has appeared in just 4 films since 1997, i think makes it so he isnt talked about in the degree and manner he deserves to be talked about in. He's not referenced much, and thus is in the insane and mindboggling predicament of being possibly the greatest living actor, or at least among the best of his entire generation, yet, is not recognized in the US in the manner he deserves.

Others would be Phillip Seymour Hoffman. He's beloved by a segment of the movie going population, but society at large, i dont think knows who he is, or has seen many of his films. How many people saw Happiness, which is among his best work? He's one of those guys like Daniel, who is worshipped by people like me, but is largely unrecognized.

John Hawkes-gave mindblowing performances in WInters Bone and Martha Marcy May Marlene

Emile Hirsch's back catalogue is pretty damn impressive. Into the Wild obviously, but The Mudge Boy is as emotionally devastating and brutal and raw as anything ive ever seen.

Someone like Johnny Depp, is famous, but i dont think he gets nearly enough credit for the body of work he has built, a body of work thats as eclectic and bizaare and full of risks as ive ever seen.

Good post man. I agree with all of these. But, I haven't heard of John Hawkes, or at least I don't think I have and so now I'm going to have to look into his work...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2