Anybody like racing?

susannjsusannj Posts: 664
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Wasn't a fan but my hubby got me into Nascar.... Now a Harvick fan. Good fun to watch especially when there's no football :). Still a huge NY Giants fan at heart!
-See the waves on distant shores, awaiting your arrival...

Stanhope, New Jersey 08-12-1992
Randall's Island, New York 09-28-1996
E. Rutherford, New Jersey 09-08-1998
Wantagh, New York 08-24-2000
New York, New York 07-09-2003
E. Rutherford, New Jersey 06-03-2006
New York, New York 05-21-2010
Brooklyn, New York 10-19-2013
New York, New York 05-01-2016
New York, New York 09-11-2022
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    yeah i watch some.
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• I'm a huge racing fan, especially of NASCAR and IndyCar. Go to Indy 500 and Brickyard 400 each year :D Tony Stewart is my dude.
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids, MI
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
    09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI
    09/04/11 Alpine Valley, WI
  • Horses and pigs.
  • HarvtronHarvtron Posts: 148
    yeah I'm a pretty big Nascar fan and i'm starting to get into F1. Tony Stewart is my favorite, followed him since his IRL days. haha
    Camden NJ night 1 6/19/2008 (one of the best days of my life!)

Music is the engine to my Imagination and Pearl Jam is the fuel for that engine.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Used to be really big into F1 but all their gimmicks now just make me sick. Used to be into CART until it became defunct and merged with IRL and later became IndyCar, which I am still a fan of. Never really got into NASCAR. 5 hours of going in circles just doesn't do anything for me.

Was always a fan of Paul Tracy and Dario Franchitti.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    yeah, i watch if it is daytona, taladega or darlington...can't stand cookie cutter tracks like mi, chicago, kc, vegas, etc etc etc
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    PA Turnpike, today - I won :mrgreen:
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    I used to go to Nazareth and Cleveland every year when CART was still the main open wheel series. Cleveland was always a fun weekend; always got pit/paddock passes there. Went to the Toronto Molson Indy in '02 and that was an absolute blast. Got to see the inaugural US Grand Prix in Indianapolis back in 2000. Met Jenson Button there, he was kind of a dick.
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    I have had some fun times at the dog track :mrgreen: , other than that, its not for me....
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    My license was taken away.
    I was eating a corndog?
    Racing is dangerous. Watching the race in some states is the same? I need my license back! ARG!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Used to be really big into F1 but all their gimmicks now just make me sick. Used to be into CART until it became defunct and merged with IRL and later became IndyCar, which I am still a fan of. Never really got into NASCAR. 5 hours of going in circles just doesn't do anything for me.

Was always a fan of Paul Tracy and Dario Franchitti.

5 hours of going in circles?

Sounds like most of the threads in AMT
    oops.
    I'm From the sticks.. it's always illegal.
    T.V. racing is fine?
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    STAYSEA wrote:
    My license was taken away.
    I was eating a corndog?
    Racing is dangerous. Watching the race in some states is the same? I need my license back! ARG!

corndog racing!?!?!? what the heck :lol:
    Rick!
    Some stoopid states, if you are caught watching a race, it's the same as racing (illegally).
    I was at a fast food place. The cops busted in. I need my license BACK>>>
    I took all the classes! Laws are so stupid. My car can't even do 80mph?
  • I'm at a racetrack two to three times a month.

I used to watch Cup racing (NASCAR is the sanctioning body everyone) all the way up to more less when Fox spent the big dollars on the broadcast.... That was when it all fell apart, nothing to do with the cars, or the tracks. Even though I agree I'm sick of the 1.5 mile tracks that all look the same. However I have no issues with Michigan, except for they build California.... I hate restrictor plate racing as well. Daytona and talledega is a joke of a race. And has been since the addition of the restrictor plate.

I do go to Bristol in the spring each year for the Cup and Nationwide race. Just got back yesterday.

I spend most of my time at a local drag strip to watch the small tire heads up classes. And the rest of my time watching sprint cars on a couple local dirt tracks (4 tracks that run sprint cars with in a hour and a half of my house). Sprint car racing is the most entertainment for oval racing... Period.

I've been to a few different road course events, and they are just not great spectator events in person. I know the road course people don't like the ovals, and the oval people don't like the road courses...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    STAYSEA wrote:
    Rick!
    Some stoopid states, if you are caught watching a race, it's the same as racing (illegally).
    I was at a fast food place. The cops busted in. I need my license BACK>>>
    I took all the classes! Laws are so stupid. My car can't even do 80mph?

were you the girl waving the flag?

oh...I've been to Laguna Seca it was fun to go...once.

I much prefer racing pro kart racing...the kind where you have to have a real license to race.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless