Options

Brad Klausen "Doc On LSD" Print Give Away

Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
edited March 2012 in Lost Dogs
So this week I was laid off from my job (I didn't create this thread for sympathy, I'm confident I'll find a new one shortly) but on my way out I brought something with me :)

A few years back I was responsible for set dressing a show I was working on. It was a sports show and I had reached out to a few artists for garbage/damaged prints to see if they would donate anything instead of throwing it in the trash. Brad was extremely kind and sent me one of his Doc prints. He said it was damaged...I say t's fine. Other than a slight ink mark, the thing is a beaut.

The print hung in the office for two years, made its way into a few videos we shot but on Tuesday when I was told to gather my belongings, I took it with me...not because I wanted it for my house but just out of spite.

Anyways, if you want this print, it's yours. All you have to tell me is how you'd quit your job if you had the chance.

I'll let this go until next Friday Afternoon. (March 23rd 6pm ET)

Make me laugh/cringe/whatever. Best one wins. Good luck.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    I would start it by saying :It's been a pleasure working here, but I hit the lottery so I must go!!!
    but that would be if I only hit the lottery
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Wow! I think about how I'd quit my job everyday. :lol:
    I'd probably go to a board meeting...Which I have been told I am not allowed at. And I would tell them about all the money my boss wastes on shit he shouldn't be buying to begin with. Then I'd tell them that they should start investing in their employees instead of their comfort! Good luck on the job hunt! Thanks for the shot!
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    landolando Posts: 661
    I'd say I'm Penski material then ta ta Tartell
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11
  • Options
    Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    Great giveaway! Love how you took your shit with you.. ;)
    If I were to quit my job, I would drop some heat in my bosses toilet tank. A nice upper decker..That shit would get all churned up for a week before he realized its on the freshwater side! Oh, wait...that's why I got fired! I don't quit anything!
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    owwww the funny one was where I quit a job by not showing up...when I went in to get my check me and the owner got into it over quit a few things. It was a restraunt and his office was right off the dining room. I was yelling at him how disgusting it was to recycle salad dressings and butter on the table (recycle= dumping people unused dressing back into the master container and rescooped out for other people). The last words yelled at him before I left his office was what a dick I thought he was and he should go fuck his hand.

When I left his office, i walked through the dining room and all the customers looked mortified. I was never sure if it was what we screamed at each other or the thought that they might be eating recycled salad dressing :lol:
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    when i lost my job recently... i told the boss that i quit before i was given my walking papers! in our meeting, i knew what was about to happen, so i flipped it around on them. a little hitch that this fortune 500 company has built into its HR policy, is that the company was required to give me a severance as part of the conditions of my departure. no exactly proud of what happened to me, but i beat the man before he beat me!

not really a shining example for others, but the guy had it out for me from the very first day we met. in his 3 years of running this business, he has yet to fire another individual, whilst i was gone in his first 9 months on the job...

being laid off sucks for sure Dead Man, and i don't mean to belittle your situation. i laugh at myself to this day about what happened to me. thanks for the opportunity, cool idea! and good luck to all!!
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    RosdowerRosdower Posts: 119
    not sure if i want to quit my current job, but i've had a few jobs in the past where the people, owners, and bosses were total pieces of garbage and took advantage of my work ethic in every way. i've since left that place, but i had always dreamed of taking large pieces of fish and hiding them around the job. Under ceiling tiles, behind grates, next to the fireplace, in my bosses vehicles. especially in the summer time when those cheap fucks wouldn't use the central air at night and you'd come in, in the morning and the place was hot as balls. It would have been wonderful to fuck them over like that. but such is life, i have moved on.... .. .
  • Options
    I'm getting out of the Navy on August 8th, and when I walk off my ship for the last time, and step on the pier, i will proudly turn and flip the boat the bird for all the bullshit I have put up with while stationed there. I am taking my talents to college (LOL). Awesome giveaway, all the best and hope you land on your feet soon :thumbup:
    "I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as Josh Homme"
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    nice giveaway.....i was employed for a company about ten years, i had gotten hurt on the job in a bad way. i missed a week of work because how badly i felt, i couldnt hardly get off the couch to piss let alone do anything around the house. after about a week i returned to work because i was bored of sitting on the couch for a week straight. when i returned i told my boss i needed to fill out an accident report for all this to get my trips to then emergency room and med bills paid and my time off work paid for, i never felt that bad in my life!!! he tells me that i dont need to fill out an accident report because people usually dont last long when they go filling out accident reports (he gets a bonus if no accident reports get reported for the job), so i ended up filling out this report....he holds a grudge and treats me totally different. i never did get paid for the lost time i had, so i told him if i didnt get paid for it i would get even!!!!! long story short, i sat on a bucket in the basement of this huge job for 2 weeks straight and didnt do a damn thing!! he approached me about not getting anything being done in my work area and i told him id been working my ass of for him and i had no reason to fuck him.i worked on this job for mabye another month, he tried stabbing me in the back every chance he could get, the more this went on the more time i had to plot things out... so one friday he sends one of his suck ass bitches down to tell me to gather my tools cause i was getting moved to another job, (i knew this was coming) i grabbed a hand ful of long nails and went to his truck and wedged nails all the way around all tires so when the truck moved nails would go into his tires!! i also stuck a big sign on his grill that said im gay in huge black letters (his truck was positioned so he wouldnt see it when he got into it!) i dumped a whole big can of pepper in his heater vent so he would sneeze every time he put his defrosters on!!!! also had lindberger cheese that i put a big chunk on his intake manifold (i heard this melts when the truck gets hot and it sticks to it and smells so bad for months)this cheese was in my car for 2 days and it was horrible in the package! like i said, i knew all this was coming so i had time to think this out, and he deserved every bit of it! so this was all on a friday, on monday i go to my new job and get a call, its him and he asks me if i did anything to his truck....my reply was no but i hear karma is a bitch and i hung up the phone! that friday i got laid off, in the end looking back, im so glad i did what i did, he was a piece of shit and id still be miserable working at that company!!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    my boss is the biggest asshole. we sit next to each other and he is always farting. and he fans it at me with a magazine or a piece of paper. the worst part is my desk is located in a high traffic area, so everyone that walks by thinks its me.

picture this type of desk:

thumbnail.aspx?q=4619813341233293&id=005cffbef6b177c54bd2bd5af2af0323

when i quit i am going to take the metal cover off of the tower on his desktop computer. im going to take a shit in it and than screw the cover back on. the tower is located under his desk, so that little cooler fan in the back of the computer will blow the shit smell all over his lap for days/weeks. since the front of the desk is covered, the smell can only go out towards him :D
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    -Q--Q- Posts: 169
    officespacemotivation.jpg
    had a job i hated and got a new job lined up. went into the bosses office and told him i quit. he asked when my last day was i said right now. the vain in his neck would flair up when he got mad and it was already bulging lol. he told me i just can't quit like this so i had to remind him that he was the reason i was quitting like this. yes it was HIS fault...... for some reason he didn't like that one.
    that was a good day! good luck with the job search
  • Options
    Great stuff so far...keep em coming. :)
  • Options
    jm257212jm257212 Posts: 409
    My boss is a total prick.. He is like 5'3 and has a massive Napoleon complex.. Nothing against short people at all but this guy uses his power to take out all past hostilities on us now.. He is always making stupid comments about size and making himself sound so important...
    Anyway, I would tell him " no matter how much of the ladder he climbs, he will always be the short kid in school that never got picked in gym, never had a date for prom, had zero friends... And it's not because of your size, it's because your an asshole!!!!!!! ".
    Ty for allowing me to vent
  • Options
    rjwhite19rjwhite19 Posts: 574
    I'd leave a cut out of myself at my desk.
    Montreal 2003. Halifax 2005. EV Montreal 2008. Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011 1 & 2 London 2013. Quebec City 2016. Ottawa 2016
    Fenway 2016 1 & 2
  • Options
    Edved007Edved007 Milwaukee, WI Posts: 1,021
    I just left a position and am about to start a new one and I did it the proper way with 2 weeks notice, not burning bridges, etc, etc.....BUT if I could have done it anyway I wanted....and this is borrowed, so I can't take credit but I'd just say "I quit!" and then motha' fuckin' moonwalk right on out of there!

Josh.
    95' - 7/9
    98' - 6/26, 6/27, 6/29, 8/26, 9/22
    03' - 4/25
    06' - 6/29, 6/30
    07' - 8/05
    09' - 8/23
    11' - 9/03, 9/04
    12' - 9/30
    13' - 7/16, 7/19, 10/21, 10/22, 11/15, 11/16, 12/06
    14' - 06/28, 06/29, 10/1, 10/03, 10/16, 10/17, 10/20, 10/22
    15' - 11/20, 11/22
    16' - 4/21, 4/26, 4/28, 4/29, 5/1, 5/2, 7/9, 8/5, 8/7, 8/20, 8/22
    17' - 4/7
    18' - 7/1, 7/3, 7/5, 8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20, 9/4
    21' - 10/1, 10/2
    22' - 7/12, 7/14, 9/6, 9/8
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    If I had a chance to quit my job I would do it in style. First I would high jack the PA system ( I worked in a hospital) Then Over the PA I would be blasting Pearl Jams Out Of My Mind. Then I would take a wheel chair to the bosses office sit him in it and wheel him around the hospital right out the door into the on comming traffic.

Then I would unroll this poster I just won and show it to the police and as the song Out Of My Mind is blasting in the back round I would say to the officer " Can you believe this poster is about a professional ball player who pitched a No Hitter while on LSD :P "
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    First of all, I would go see my boss or whomever has fired/laid me off. Assuming that I knew him on a personal basis (knowing he's married and has a certain number of kids) I would make up a lie that I slept with his wife who was presumably very fond of me, then watch the carnage and custody battles ensue, assuming it went to plan. Or I would except my fate and work hard to find a better job and continue living my life.
    Go listen to John Frusciante right now!
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Been at mine so long I would do it respectfully just in case I need a reference down the road for a different job. I guess i'm growing up :cry:
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    Been laid off Twice in the last 4 years. You'll land somewhere cool DMW, keep your head up.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    I think about this daily. I've been stuck in my current role since 2006, and with the company 17 years. It'd be near impossible for me to go out in a flaming ball of rage as people so often want to do. I'd let them know how unhappy I had been for years feeling I was never taken seriously or given my shot where I excelled at best.

I'd make it known that it was as much their fault and loss in my departure, as it was mine in losing the job.
  • Options
    About 24 hours to go... Let's hear what you've got!
  • Options
    perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,970
    Back in my college days I was working in a restaurant as a sous chef. My manager was getting to the point to where he didn't give a crap anymore because he'd been there for so long. I had been getting fed up with his shit and one day I decided I needed to make a change because it was getting old. So I walked in at the start of my shift and found my manager and told him I was giving my 2 day notice. As he started to lecture me about not giving a 2 week notice, I interrupted him mid sentence and said you don't get it, I said I was giving my 2 day notice which means I am leaving 2 day! I turned around laughing my ass off and grabbed my stuff and walked out the door with the biggest smile on my face.

Sorry to hear about your job, I hope everything works out for you. Good luck!
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    Hmmm, How would I quit my job??? Well for starters, if I knew I was getting let go that day, I would be taking a taxi into work, because I am showing up with a slight buzz.

Will prob bring in a Boom Box and once I get to my desk just start playing some Dirty Frank to get the mood set for everyone that this is how it is about to go down.

Once the mood is set, I will settle in and wait for HR to ask to meet with me, during my meeting with HR I will start letting out all of my bosses little white lies he spreads to keep other team members and co-workers happy, these will also get sent out in a mass e-mail from my cell phone - Pre-Drafted. After I am told I am being let go, I am sure I will be asked to pack my belongings.

On my way back to my desk, I will fire up the Boom Box again and start playing Once, 2 reasons for this, Once apon a time, I could control myself... :twisted: And the second reason, give my old co-workers a story for them to tell new employees by saying, Once there was this employee here and how he left...

After the desk is packed up, call myself a cab, then play my final going away song, Rearview Mirror... Fire up a cig in the office... then tell the taxi drive to take me to a bar...

Nothing to over the top... but I will not be forgotten for my departure.

Good Luck to All, and thanks for the chance.
    Wally.
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    I think I would just put on my personal belongings in a box the day before I was quitting. Then I just wouldn't show up ;). Really if I liked the company and people I couldn't do that.
  • Options
    my boss is the biggest asshole. we sit next to each other and he is always farting. and he fans it at me with a magazine or a piece of paper. the worst part is my desk is located in a high traffic area, so everyone that walks by thinks its me.

picture this type of desk:

thumbnail.aspx?q=4619813341233293&id=005cffbef6b177c54bd2bd5af2af0323

when i quit i am going to take the metal cover off of the tower on his desktop computer. im going to take a shit in it and than screw the cover back on. the tower is located under his desk, so that little cooler fan in the back of the computer will blow the shit smell all over his lap for days/weeks. since the front of the desk is covered, the smell can only go out towards him :D

Boom. Winner. PM me your deets. Thanks everyone for participating. Interview number 3 coming up tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

-DMW