In Memory of Benwaaaaah

BenWaaaaahBenWaaaaah Posts: 13
edited August 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
I am looking to connect with anyone who may have known my husband. He was an avid PJ fan and was active on the message boards at one point. His name was Ben (B.J.). He passed away on May 24, 2008 and I am his wife Melissa. I have met some of you at shows we have attended and I am just interested in keeping his memory alive. Pearl Jam was something in life he was most passionate about outside of our two children (Quintin 5 years, and Julian 3 years). Any response would be greatly appreciated. Figured this would be a good place to post given that you all are commenting on current shows.
Thanks,
Melissa
Vote Democrat - it's easier than getting a job.
"Let me tell you about Eda Munson. She's 94. She's a widow living on Social Security in Sparta, Tennessee.
Eda was born with only one kidney. She also suffers from polio, spinal meningitis, lung, liver, and pancreatic cancer, an enlarged heart, diabetes, and a rare form of cystic acne.
Now, several recent strokes along with an unfortunate shark attack has left her paralyzed and missing her right leg under the knee.
Just last week she awoke from a coma to find that, due to a hospital mix-up, her right arm had been amputated, infected with syphillis, and then reattached.
As you can imagine, Eda's prescription drug bills are staggering. They run to nearly $113 million per day. And she tells me that some weeks she has to choose between eating or treating her lyme disease.
Now, under my plan Eda's prescription drug costs would be covered, however under Mr. Bush's plan, her house would be burned to the ground and her children would be forced to drink contaminated water and eat meat from cows who have inhaled secondhand smoke. And that is wrong.
That is just wrong."
- Any Democrat running this year
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brainofjbbrainofjb Posts: 381
    BenWaaaaah wrote:
    I am looking to connect with anyone who may have known my husband. He was an avid PJ fan and was active on the message boards at one point. His name was Ben (B.J.). He passed away on May 24, 2008 and I am his wife Melissa. I have met some of you at shows we have attended and I am just interested in keeping his memory alive. Pearl Jam was something in life he was most passionate about outside of our two children (Quintin 5 years, and Julian 3 years). Any response would be greatly appreciated. Figured this would be a good place to post given that you all are commenting on current shows.
    Thanks,
    Melissa

I dont believe I have ever met you or Ben. I just wanted to post to say sorry that you lost him and good luck with your search!
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Sending warm, healing vibes to you and your children.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • sky08sky08 Posts: 43
    Best to your family ... I do not think I've met you or Ben, but it's likely we've been in the same audience. Peace.
  • JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240
    Hi Melissa,

I wish I could say that I knew Ben, but sadly I didn't. I am very sorry for your loss - and my thoughts are going out to you and your children. May you find the connection you are seeking... and may joyful memories help you and your children through your darkest days.

Take care of yourself and your family,
    Andy
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • shareshare Posts: 551
    I didn't know Ben either but it's obvious he was an exceptional man,father
    and husband.

I am pretty sure everyone here would be happy to connect with you
    should you ever need an ear or a friend even if they didn't know Ben on
    a personal level.

His memory will live on forever within the hearts and minds of you and
    your children.

take care.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • nimsu8nimsu8 Posts: 321
    What shows did you/he attend? Also do you have a pic of you guys at those shows? It might help jog some people's memories.
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

MSG I pics: http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll22/nimsu8/MSG 1/
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Sorry to say that I didn't know him here on the board or at any concerts. I totally understand why you would want to connect with his jammer contacts and hope you're able to. Sorry about your loss.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    sky08 wrote:
    Best to your family ... I do not think I've met you or Ben, but it's likely we've been in the same audience. Peace.
    This was beautiful....
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • lostdawglostdawg Posts: 109
    sky08 wrote:

I'll bet he was watching last night...my sympathy to you and your family.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    I am so sorry for your loss. My sympathies to you and your family.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    bump
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • I just saw them in Toronto on Friday - great energy in the crowd!!! I only cried during Off He Goes. Otherwise, I was so pumped to see them again and feel so close to him.
    I took a poster of my late husband and I with Mike McCready that I was holding up (7th row center). This was my first show without him and we have been going to see them since 1996. Mike asked me if it was him and the photo and I said yes. I would like to think he remembers us from previous shows. Another ten club member has taken the poster to Chicago for tonight and is hoping to send it up for Mike to keep. Hope all of you are well and thanks so much for your kind words.
    :D
    Melissa
    "Let me tell you about Eda Munson. She's 94. She's a widow living on Social Security in Sparta, Tennessee.
    Eda was born with only one kidney. She also suffers from polio, spinal meningitis, lung, liver, and pancreatic cancer, an enlarged heart, diabetes, and a rare form of cystic acne.
    Now, several recent strokes along with an unfortunate shark attack has left her paralyzed and missing her right leg under the knee.
    Just last week she awoke from a coma to find that, due to a hospital mix-up, her right arm had been amputated, infected with syphillis, and then reattached.
    As you can imagine, Eda's prescription drug bills are staggering. They run to nearly $113 million per day. And she tells me that some weeks she has to choose between eating or treating her lyme disease.
    Now, under my plan Eda's prescription drug costs would be covered, however under Mr. Bush's plan, her house would be burned to the ground and her children would be forced to drink contaminated water and eat meat from cows who have inhaled secondhand smoke. And that is wrong.
    That is just wrong."
  • PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    BenWaaaaah wrote:
    I just saw them in Toronto on Friday - great energy in the crowd!!! I only cried during Off He Goes. Otherwise, I was so pumped to see them again and feel so close to him.
    I took a poster of my late husband and I with Mike McCready that I was holding up (7th row center). This was my first show without him and we have been going to see them since 1996. Mike asked me if it was him and the photo and I said yes. I would like to think he remembers us from previous shows. Another ten club member has taken the poster to Chicago for tonight and is hoping to send it up for Mike to keep. Hope all of you are well and thanks so much for your kind words.
    :D
    Melissa

Sorry for your loss. Thats cool you went to the show, let us know how it turns out giving mike the poster.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Looking for tics to Boston. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated...thanks!
    That is just wrong."