Great quote about dogs

PapPap Posts: 28,784
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
"A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog judges others not by their color or creed or class but by who they are inside. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his. It was really quite simple, and yet we humans, so much wiser and more sophisticated, have always had trouble figuring out what really counts and what does not." ― John Grogan
Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Pap wrote:
    "A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog judges others not by their color or creed or class but by who they are inside. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his. It was really quite simple, and yet we humans, so much wiser and more sophisticated, have always had trouble figuring out what really counts and what does not." ― John Grogan

Like :)
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    :clap:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of.
    Ogden Nash ( I am so glad I have a pet door )
    Children are for people who can't own dogs
    ?
    I walked my dog from Florida to New York and then said OK your done
    Stephen Wright
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Pap wrote:

thats very nice.... :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    8-)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Pap wrote:
    Great quote, but it makes me wonder. I am not trying to stereotype here , but just create different circumstances
    Lets say you take a dog and have him alternate living with two different people each week for 3 months.
    One person is homeless and broke, but gives the dog what he can. A coat to sleep on under a bridge in a crowded polluted city. He can give the dog a little bit of rotten food from a dumpster and some days none at all. No vet care, no play, and miserable temperatures on the hot city streets.
    The other person provides a large house, which is climate controlled, and the dog sleeps in beds and couches.
    This owner feeds the dog salmon, eggs, chicken, steaks , veggies, and high quality dog food. and fresh cold spring water. The house acres of fenced pastures to run,ponds to swim, cool breezes, snow to play in, sheep to herd, other dogs to play with. The best vet care is provided.
    I wonder if preference would become evident
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Pap wrote:
    Great quote, but it makes me wonder. I am not trying to stereotype here , but just create different circumstances
    Lets say you take a dog and have him alternate living with two different people each week for 3 months.
    One person is homeless and broke, but gives the dog what he can. A coat to sleep on under a bridge in a crowded polluted city. He can give the dog a little bit of rotten food from a dumpster and some days none at all. No vet care, no play, and miserable temperatures on the hot city streets.
    The other person provides a large house, which is climate controlled, and the dog sleeps in beds and couches.
    This owner feeds the dog salmon, eggs, chicken, steaks , veggies, and high quality dog food. and fresh cold spring water. The house acres of fenced pastures to run,ponds to swim, cool breezes, snow to play in, sheep to herd, other dogs to play with. The best vet care is provided.
    I wonder if preference would become evident

i don't think we can say
    i think dogs have a sense of what is good and right
    and they love unconditionally
    if the homeless man could provide little for his dog but gave him love and respect and treated him gently
    then the dog will love him as well as he does the warm house and fluffy sofa, maybe even better

i miss my Hankie so much, tears come, but with wonderful memories of the extraordinary friend that he was
    there will never ever ever be another like him
    and i'm happy to have had the experience, been the recipient of this so unconditional love, and just to have been a part of his wonderful floppy barking too much, fun-loving life for his time here on this earth
    i still hope to be with him again in the next world
    can't help myself from posting these pictures
    he was my best buddy ever (sounds odd? no. people just don't *get you* and love you so unconditionally)

14649_1279684676498_1361466719_777510_6513223_n.jpg14649_1279684796501_1361466719_777513_2231117_n.jpg14649_1274945918032_1361466719_767458_246033_n.jpg14649_1279684516494_1361466719_777506_6543105_n.jpg
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~