81's vehicles

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I wish I had a picture of my first car - the 72 red Pinto. we called it the Otnip, I rebuilt the engine twice, replace the front fender, good times.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    matt_p-1991-camaro.jpg

i dated a girl that had one of those. it was silver with alot of peeling paint. don't remember if she had a v6 or v8. or much else about the car. drove it a few times, and it was alright.

had a friend in college that had a honda prelude. that was a fun little car.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

i dated a girl that had one of those. it was silver with alot of peeling paint. don't remember if she had a v6 or v8. or much else about the car. drove it a few times, and it was alright.

had a friend in college that had a honda prelude. that was a fun little car.[/quote]

it was a V8...I only got one speeding ticket in it. What a freaking gas guzzler!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    edited March 2012
    RKCNDY wrote:
    it was a V8...I only got one speeding ticket in it. What a freaking gas guzzler!

i've got speeding tickets in/on every vehichle that i've owned except the vette. :lol:

i think i was getting like 12 mpg before changing the rear gear from 2.82 to 3.54. 10 mpg was good then. :lol:
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    my current vehicle is older than my oldest son. he is 17. I have been trying to kill that car for years now, keeps coming back.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    my current vehicle is older than my oldest son. he is 17. I have been trying to kill that car for years now, keeps coming back.

new yorker? right?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

new yorker? right?

yes! with the peeling and rusting maroon paint. this morning I pulled into the parking lot at work and it died half-way into the parking space and I thought this could be it! but I managed to re-start and pull the rest of the way in. Its almost time to take it in for the annual A/C recharge.
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

i've got speeding tickets in/on every vehichle that i've owned except the vette. :lol:

i think i was getting like 12 mpg before changing the rear gear from 2.82 to 3.54. 10 mpg was good then. :lol:

Wow! I've still got a V8 gas guzzler for the summers, but nowhere close to single digit mpg. :shock:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    1981.jpeg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dougfloyd wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Wow! I've still got a V8 gas guzzler for the summers, but nowhere close to single digit mpg. :shock:

high was like 18mpg on a trip to chicago from ohio. that was with cruise and driving conservative.

then i put on headers, intake, carb and rear geared it. it was a lot more fun, but mileage was pretty bad. i lived less than a mile from the office, so it wasn't to painful. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    81 wrote:
    1981.jpeg
    That was my first car!

It actually asked you to fasten your seatbelt and would thank you afterwards. Very classy and impressed the ladies. :lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    dp
    81 wrote:
    last one

cm400.jpg

mine was red. but it was the best $300 i ever spent on a ride. rode that thing year round for like 5 years during college and for a short time after. crazy

after meeting 81...I just can't seem to picture him riding a bike...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    81 wrote:
    1981.jpeg

off by about 10 years :lol:
    81 wrote:

high was like 18mpg on a trip to chicago from ohio. that was with cruise and driving conservative.

then i put on headers, intake, carb and rear geared it. it was a lot more fun, but mileage was pretty bad. i lived less than a mile from the office, so it wasn't to painful. :lol:

I have an '02 Trans Am that I put headers & exhaust on, but I've working from home for the past 2 years so the mileage doesn't really matter much anymore, seems like I never leave the house.

When I was little my parents had a white Corvette that looked a lot like the pictures posted earlier. Then supposedly they had to get rid of it to fit a car seat into something (my dad still blames me for this :lol: ). So they want from the Vette to this (in bright yellow):

250px-Chevrolet_Citation_II_front.jpg
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
    edited March 2012
    RKCNDY wrote:

5 years, year round. rain, wind, sunny, freezing, sleet, hail, snow flurries.. i did it all. let me just say, the worst is brain freeze in teh winter. :lol: hail sucks too when you are getting pelted at 55mph by pea hail. ouch :lol:
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dougfloyd wrote:
    81 wrote:

I have an '02 Trans Am that I put headers & exhaust on, but I've working from home for the past 2 years so the mileage doesn't really matter much anymore, seems like I never leave the house.

When I was little my parents had a white Corvette that looked a lot like the pictures posted earlier. Then supposedly they had to get rid of it to fit a car seat into something (my dad still blames me for this :lol: ). So they want from the Vette to this (in bright yellow):

poor parents. :lol:

i would have just put the car seat in the storage area. :lol: i know it holds a 32in tube tv...gotta hold a kid.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 691
    81 wrote:
    last one

cm400.jpg

mine was red. but it was the best $300 i ever spent on a ride. rode that thing year round for like 5 years during college and for a short time after. crazy

Nice! You ride anymore?
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    dougfloyd wrote:
    So they want from the Vette to this (in bright yellow):

Is that a Chevy Citation?!?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    81 wrote:
    last one

cm400.jpg

Nice! You ride anymore?

not for 14 years. i look, but thus far haven't been able to pull the trigger on something. it's the cheap gene still have my license.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i would have just put the car seat in the storage area. :lol: i know it holds a 32in tube tv...gotta hold a kid.

Hell back in the 80's did kids even have to wear seat belts or anything? Just throw em in the back and tell them to hold on! Or if you're in the front seat you've always got your mom's arm to reach out and protect you if you have to stop suddenly :)
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
    dougfloyd wrote:

You know it! That's how we rolled for a while :lol:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

5 years, year round. rain, wind, sunny, freezing, sleet, hail, snow flurries.. i did it all. let me just say, the worst is brain freeze in teh winter. :lol: hail sucks too when you are getting pelted at 55mph by pea hail. ouch :lol:

I went to a concert with a guy who took me on his bike. It was right around Halloween...that was a freaking cold night! If I ever ride a bike again, I'm gonna make sure I wear a full face helmet, none of that bubble helmet shit.

- Christopher McCandless
    81 wrote:

Nice! You ride anymore?

not for 14 years. i look, but thus far haven't been able to pull the trigger on something. it's the cheap gene still have my license.[/quote]

I understand what you mean! You got your eye on anything? I love the old classic style!
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    dougfloyd wrote:
    81 wrote:

Hell back in the 80's did kids even have to wear seat belts or anything? Just throw em in the back and tell them to hold on! Or if you're in the front seat you've always got your mom's arm to reach out and protect you if you have to stop suddenly :)

only time i've been in a vette was in 1977-ish...it was my friend's dad's car...convertible...i sat in the "middle back" as we blasted down the freeway at vette-like speeds...i miss the 70's 8-)
  • norm wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:
    81 wrote:

only time i've been in a vette was in 1977-ish...it was my friend's dad's car...convertible...i sat in the "middle back" as we blasted down the freeway at vette-like speeds...i miss the 70's 8-)
    Back in the 70's about 10 of us would pack in to a yellow van with KEEP ON TRUCKIN painted on the side.
    All of us were underage, Schlitz beer cans all over, 5 joints going at once, and when the local cops would pull the van over they would let us go. Have times changed
    I understand what you mean! You got your eye on anything? I love the old classic style!

something sporty...

i had a hankering for an FZ1 and just couldn't quite agree on the price. he kept wanted more than what he listed it for. :roll: :lol: but as i think about it, an R1 would be fun.

i also like the triumph 955i daytona. i've also thought about the sv1000s.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

something sporty...

i had a hankering for an FZ1 and just couldn't quite agree on the price. he kept wanted more than what he listed it for. :roll: :lol: but as i think about it, an R1 would be fun.

i also like the triumph 955i daytona. i've also thought about the sv1000s.

Triumphs are gorgeous bikes! Mine is super tiny..because I"m a tiny person. But i'm hoping that once I get a really good handle on it, I can move up to the 600. I've wanted the GSXR, but now i'm leaning towards the Yamaha R6!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    dougfloyd wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:

You know it! That's how we rolled for a while :lol:

Yeah baby!

I had one, brand-new.

1982. It was white, and got a special blue "racing stripe" painted down the side. The interior was plushy blue.

8-)

Alas, it proved to be one of the most unreliable cars every produced...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Triumphs are gorgeous bikes! Mine is super tiny..because I"m a tiny person. But i'm hoping that once I get a really good handle on it, I can move up to the 600. I've wanted the GSXR, but now i'm leaning towards the Yamaha R6!

both the R6 and suzuki are nice bikes..but being the guy that i am...i have to have the big fast bike. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg