Dreams-Do you remember your dreams?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I usually dont remember my dreams. i normally dont even remember i had a dream at all during the night. But this past week, i was reading a book, and the author was saying, if you think to yourself, i will dream tonight, and i will remember it, you have a better chance of remembering it. it actually work, and im still not exactly how that works out. how merely silently saying to myself, i will remember my dreams, how that can be of any help, but it is.

Do you all remember you dreams? im someone who views dreams as of great importance and that they they have some sort of meaning to our lives, but exactly what, and how my own dreams are indicating something in my own life i couldnt tell you.

when i was doing media deprivation for an entire week a few years back (i didnt read anything, watch any tv or use the internet, listen to the radio or any music at all, didnt go to concerts at all and i go to concerts multiple times during the week, i didnt watch any movies for 7 days). The dream that came out of that was intense as hell. Involved an underwater burial for kurt cobain. the emotions involved in the dream were so lifelike and shocking and real it was unbelieveable. Odd thing was, Kurt Cobain's death was that week, like the day before my dream. I hadnt listened to nirvana in awhile, certainly didnt listen to any nirvana that week, and hadnt been online reading sites like this where a thread like "Kurt cobain anniversary" may have been featured.

In that way i think our brains can tap into some crazy and real things during dreams. I dont buy that its only a way for our brains to make sense of our day. its that, but its alot more in my view.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    You should read Freud's Dream Psychology, it's free for download at Apple's iTunes bookstore, very helpful in discerning some of the more troubling dreams I was having.

I too remember most of my dreams especially the lucid ones. But his approach was very helpful.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    where is ziggy.....i know she remembers her dream(man) :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I have alot of the same dreams each night. Really weird.
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    There's an app for that :lol: Check out iDream - Dream Interpreter and Journal.

Article on why.....
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the ... o-we-dream

I remember many of mine... Husband says he never has any.... I hardly watch tv he does. :?:
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    A couple years ago my sister and I were talking about dreams and found out that we both had the same reoccurring dream when we were kids. She knew all the details of my dream and vice versa...it was really creepy. I never put much stock into dreams before that, but now I try to remember them if I can. I've heard the theory that yeah they're rehashing stuff in your life or your worries but I really think there's more to it than that.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    yes, I remember them right after I wake up, and then I forget them. I wish I could remember them longer or get back to some of them and pick up where they left off :D
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Eddie was handing out Blue Bunny slippers and we danced :D

my kind of dream ;)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    DS1119 wrote:
    I have alot of the same dreams each night. Really weird.
    i do this with sharks and maybe a few others. it hasn't happened recently but there for awhile i was constantly attacked by sharks in my dreams. i was actually able to force some of these eventful dreams upon myself. i simply made myself dream of being attacked by a shark. i can say that it hurt in the way that dreams hurt. i saw blood, my blood. i saw myself in the water as if i was inches from myself. i saw the shark on me comin for me, mouth opening, eyes rolling back, the whole 9 yards.

i believe everytime it was the great white. this has happened probably 10-15 times maybe more.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I have very vivid dreams all the time. It feels like I've been watching a movie. Sometimes they're so realistic that I'm not sure if it didn't really happen. Often they're ridiculous and crack me up the next day. I tend to dream about very mundane things. I regularly dream about driving my car and all the highways have been changed. I've always remembered my dreams but they seem to have gotten more vivid the last few years.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I usually remember my dreams and some I've been able to remember in great detail many years later. If you want to remember your dreams, sometimes it's recommended to keep a "dream journal" by your bed. Most people remember them right when they wake up (this is when you would jot down the dream(s) in your journal), but then they forget the dream as the day progresses.
    Since I was little, I've been able to control my dreams because the most of the time I know I'm dreaming. As I've gotten older, I get better at changing things up.
    I've also dreamed inside a dreamed inside a dream...weird stuff.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,804
    I remember most of my dreams. When I was young I would right them down in a journal. Probably should start up again. The best way to remember them is when you first wake up just lay there and not do anything :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • VinylGirlVinylGirl Posts: 551
    I too have vivid, wacky dreams that I usually remember. There was one where I was shot at the base of my skull, and as I lay on the ground, I felt myself bleeding & dying, and then it went black as if I was dead. Thats when I woke up. That was a scary one!!!
  • VinylGirlVinylGirl Posts: 551
    afroannnie wrote:
    Since I was little, I've been able to control my dreams because the most of the time I know I'm dreaming. As I've gotten older, I get better at changing things up.

Very cool!
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    VinylGirl wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Very cool!

Oh, and I can fly in my dreams...it has gotten me out of some "jams" in my dreams. When my younger brother was still a kid..I had this dream we were stuck in a building (on a upper floor) and people were trying to shoot us. I was really scared in the dream so I knew I had to change it and get out of there... I grabbed him and said "let's get out of here" and we flew out the window Superman style :lol:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,804
    afroannnie wrote:
    VinylGirl wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

Very cool!

Oh, and I can fly in my dreams...it has gotten me out of some "jams" in my dreams. When my younger brother was still a kid..I had this dream we were stuck in a building (on a upper floor) and people were trying to shoot us. I was really scared in the dream so I knew I had to change it and get out of there... I grabbed him and said "let's get out of here" and we flew out the window Superman style :lol:

i've never flown in any dreams (like Superman) but have "hovered/floated" a few times
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    so the woman and i went to see a comedian at the united center(?) he told a joke than flopped his junk out...

then he went into the stands and him and some other dudes were flopping thier junk out.

then they put chairs on the floor and everyone moved down there, but no more jokes were told. before long everyone had left and the chairs were gone and the woman and i were sitting at a table with a couple talking about charelston.

i started to bitch at teh comedian and he said chevy chase was coming out later.

in the mean time, some band played a couple of songs. and one of my former coworkers were there

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i have messed myself a number of times whilst dreaming. those were awesome times/dreams.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce