Telecaster bridge question HELP!!!!!!!!!

dogfootbluesdogfootblues Posts: 116
edited March 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guys, Ive got a 98' standard Fender Telecaster. The question is, is there a vintage bride i can buy that will accept the same screw holes made from the standard telecaster bridge. Also i noticed that the vintage bride is smaller in length. Does someone man a vintage telecaster bridge as long as the standard telecaster bridge. I just took my bridge off and it looks like the metal from the bridge left weird rust like marks on the paint underneath it and if i go the vintage bridege the marks willl show. For the love of christ please help mw qick.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    American Standard or made in Mexico Standard?

This is for the american ones.

http://www.callahamguitars.com/brdge_T.htm

Vintage style bridges should fit a Mexican standard. Bit of elbow grease with a car-finish grade scratch remover will get rid of the marks most likely.
  • it a mexico standard. So if i wanted to put a regular vintage bride on would the screw holes show from the mexico standard bridge? I really want a vintage bridge and im ordering my p-90 pickguard tonight and i wanna get the bridge at the same time.
    compare yours to pictures of the current MIM standards. They fit the recent ones. The biggest difference is the 4 screw attachment of the american standards but from what I've seen, the MIM bridges and vintage bridges have the same three screw spacing and should fit.
  • my mexican telecaster standard has four screws holding it. four screw holes rite above the 6 string holes
    yeah, sorry i had that backwards. The vintage style has 4 screws. the am std has 3.

Here is good info on the spacing of the different bridge mounting.

www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Bodies/Options/T ... tions.aspx
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    Hey guys, Ive got a 98' standard Fender Telecaster. The question is, is there a vintage bride i can buy that will accept the same screw holes made from the standard telecaster bridge. Also i noticed that the vintage bride is smaller in length. Does someone man a vintage telecaster bridge as long as the standard telecaster bridge. I just took my bridge off and it looks like the metal from the bridge left weird rust like marks on the paint underneath it and if i go the vintage bridege the marks willl show. For the love of christ please help mw qick.

These are the best bridge assemblies you can buy. And yes they will make it work. All hand made and not junk fender standard garbage. You can even get it distressed

http://www.callahamguitars.com/partstel.htm
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....