'On The Road' Official Trailer

ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Can't wait for this!

Vigggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggoooooo... even just a tiny part...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    220px-On_the_Road_FilmPoster.jpeg

On the Road is a 2012 film adaptation of the Jack Kerouac novel of the same name directed by Walter Salles and starring Sam Riley as Sal Paradise and Garrett Hedlund as Dean Moriarty. It is being executive produced by Francis Ford Coppola. Filming began on August 4, 2010, in Montreal, Canada, with a $25 million budget. The story is based on the years Kerouac spent traveling America in the 1940s with his friend Neal Cassady and several other figures who would go on to fame in their own right, including William S. Burroughs and Allen Ginsberg.
  • Nevermind90Nevermind90 Posts: 722
    really looking forward to see this!!
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    This is the second thread on this trailer and I'll repeat what I said in the first one . . .

BORING

Supposed to be a classic, I found the book utterly boring
    This is the second thread on this trailer and I'll repeat what I said in the first one . . .

BORING

It is a classic.

Though it maybe considered boring for the MTV-Pop Idol generation.

Also, where's the other thread? I searched yesterday before posting this one but couldn't find anything.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Byrnzie wrote:

BORING

It is a classic.

Though it maybe considered boring for the MTV-Pop Idol generation.

Also, where's the other thread? I searched yesterday before posting this one but couldn't find anything.

I am not of the MTV-Pop Idol generation. I was out of high school before MTV even started. :lol:

I just couldn't get into the book. I tried, I just couldn’t.

And here’s the other thread, don’t know why it didn’t come up when you did your search.

and catefrances (from the original thread) has a point, it may have just been my mind set at the time I read it

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=185239
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    you know its been quite a few years since ive read on the road and i think thats what will be this movies saving grace for me. i mean aside from the fact that sam riley alll but killed me as ian curtis. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    And here’s the other thread, don’t know why it didn’t come up when you did your search.

Ah, it was on page 3 of the search. I didn't bother scrolling that far.
    it may have just been my mind set at the time I read it

I read it twice. Enjoyed it a lot more the second time. Maybe the hype effected it the first time around.