Best Bars in Portland

barger395barger395 Posts: 855
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Hi y'all!! I'm gonna be spending the weekend in Portland with a few friends. Got any suggestions on where to get good food, great beer, and maybe catch the NCAA Tournament?

Thanks, and Cheers,
Barger
Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Neosurfer79Neosurfer79 Posts: 290
    Sound Advice Amphitheatre - Apr 11,2003, House Of Blues Orlando - Apr 12, 2003, St. Pete Times Forum - Apr 13, 2003,Silver Spurs Arena - Oct 08, 2004, Cruzan Amphitheatre - Jun 11, 2008, St. Pete Times, Forum - Jun 12, 2008, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011

• SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Here is just one, it's a resturaunt/bar food is great, beer is too.
    http://hopworksbeer.com/

The games? Best watched at the Buffalo Wild Wings right downtown.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,356
    http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/list

Lots to choose from.

Edit: Crap, link wouldn't bring up the portland searc, but just type portland in and search for breweries.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    What part of town are you staying in?

Hopworks is awesome! They have great food options and great beer! Two locations: one in Southeast, off Powell. The other is in North Portland, off Williams. The Powell location is bigger but gets pretty crowded.

All the brewpubs like Widmer, Bridgeport, Deschutes, etc..have good beer and food options. I also know a ton of smaller bars around town. PM if you want more details, and know what area you'll be in.

Have fun!
  • barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    Thanks to All for the tips on Portland! Great trip, beautiful city! Went to Hopworks and liked it alot. we also went to Rogue, Deschutes, Amnesia, Hair of the Dog, Green Dragon, and liked everyone of them!! Fire on the Mountain served up some great wings and beers, and the dinner at Laurelhurst was outstanding!! Spent alot of time at Bar Bar and Proost. All in all, a great 4 days!!

Thanks Portland,

Cheers,
    BS
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    you should drive up to seattle (3 hours) and come to the CCFA Star Anna show....'special guests' are scheduled to appear...and Mike did just release a new song with her...just sayin'!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    RKCNDY wrote:
    you should drive up to seattle (3 hours) and come to the CCFA Star Anna show....'special guests' are scheduled to appear...and Mike did just release a new song with her...just sayin'!

When is that show?? I'm gonna be in Seattle from 3/27 - 3/31.

Cheers,
    BS
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    barger395 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

When is that show?? I'm gonna be in Seattle from 3/27 - 3/31.

Cheers,
    BS

oh my bad, I read your post as you were gonna be there THIS weekend...the show is the 24th. sorry :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    barger395 wrote:
    Thanks to All for the tips on Portland! Great trip, beautiful city! Went to Hopworks and liked it alot. we also went to Rogue, Deschutes, Amnesia, Hair of the Dog, Green Dragon, and liked everyone of them!! Fire on the Mountain served up some great wings and beers, and the dinner at Laurelhurst was outstanding!! Spent alot of time at Bar Bar and Proost. All in all, a great 4 days!!

Thanks Portland,

Cheers,
    BS
    No Widmer? Tsk, tsk, tsk.
    #FHP