We must stop this child hurting monster before it's too late

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    yeah, next thing they'll make us have the kids use car seats and seat belts, sheesh
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81513521.gif
    DS1119 wrote:
    81513521.gif

wow. parents with no brains. I am glad my kids learned to stair-surf without my help, they are self-taught
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol:

why would they post that vid online...i would be hitting delete on it.

and who uses a mattress...to surf stairs. idiots.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    :lol:

why would they post that vid online...i would be hitting delete on it.

you're right. I would call that 'evidence'
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    81 wrote:

Exactly. Everyone knows cardboard works best!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • 81 wrote:

I say sleeping bags are the way to go :D
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    81 wrote:

I say sleeping bags are the way to go :D
    pillows....
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Nope, what you do is you take all the twin-size box springs, and stack them starting from the bottom of the stairs, and as you work your way up, you use the mattresses. That way you start with a couple of soft bounces, and you land in relative safety.

I used this with great success when babysitting.

It was the first, and last, time I was asked to babysit those children.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Nope, what you do is you take all the twin-size box springs, and stack them starting from the bottom of the stairs, and as you work your way up, you use the mattresses. That way you start with a couple of soft bounces, and you land in relative safety.

I used this with great success when babysitting.

It was the first, and last, time I was asked to babysit those children.

see, this is what's wrong with the world today. You shouldnt have been banned from babysitting these kids. It's the parents responsibility to supply you with helmets. ;)
    awesome idea.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    :lol: lmao

They actually have a study on kids hitting their heads on stairs?

:lol::lol::lol: wow. How many stupid and insignificant studies does their need to be to fill in the gaps between already pointless news businesses?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,230
    I hate all humans ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    I hate all humans ....

I hate the living!
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    I say we outlaw stairs altogether. Elevators or padded ramps are the only options now, including leading into the home. We can't have kids shielded from the harsh reality of stairs inside the home and then expose them to concrete steps the moment they walk out the door. We probably ought to put some sort of padding on any curbs, too. Hav eyou ever seen a kid fall of a bike near a curb? It's not a pretty sight.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    laundry basket...you gotta hold the front end up, and lean back so you don't catch it on the first step...sheesh.

and there are less accidents involving stairs because they banned those baby walkers that kids seemed to always want to go down whilst being strapped into one...

I may or may not have personal experience with both...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Time to go back to adobe houses.
    My butt itches!
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    RKCNDY wrote:
    laundry basket...you gotta hold the front end up, and lean back so you don't catch it on the first step...sheesh.

and there are less accidents involving stairs because they banned those baby walkers that kids seemed to always want to go down whilst being strapped into one...

i took a cruise down the steps in my walker when i was a baby.. landed at the bottom without a single scratch or bruise :lol:
    conman wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

i took a cruise down the steps in my walker when i was a baby.. landed at the bottom without a single scratch or bruise :lol:

do you have a flat spot on your head
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    conman wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

do you have a flat spot on your head

yes...and it's not because I did the same thing conman did...I had a very inattentive parent. I took lots of tumbles down the stairs....or it was because she dropped me. :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    so many questions answered..... :wtf:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    so many questions answered..... :wtf:

:silent:

- Christopher McCandless
    holy crap!!! I just realized I am a terrible parent! When my oldest son was just learning to crawl, I had him and his infant brother out in the front yard. I was checking on the baby and I hear what sounds like a bowling ball being rolled down the concrete steps which led up to the front door of the house. I turn around to find that he had crawled up the steps and fell back down, hitting his head a few times. This all happend in a matter of seconds, he was a fast crawler. The worst was that he had a big scratch and bump on his cheek, so when his mother saw that: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BABY!?!?!" :roll:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    holy crap!!! I just realized I am a terrible parent! When my oldest son was just learning to crawl, I had him and his infant brother out in the front yard. I was checking on the baby and I hear what sounds like a bowling ball being rolled down the concrete steps which led up to the front door of the house. I turn around to find that he had crawled up the steps and fell back down, hitting his head a few times. This all happend in a matter of seconds, he was a fast crawler. The worst was that he had a big scratch and bump on his cheek, so when his mother saw that: "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BABY!?!?!" :roll:

It's never too late to report yourself to the proper authorities. :lol:
    another story: When the same son was learning to walk and constantly grabbing onto things for balance. someone (cough*exwife*cough*) left one of those big Yankee Candles burning on a placemat on the kitchen table. I remember being in the other room, smelling the candle, then I didn't see him and just that quick as I was running in there, I hear a loud smash, a cry and I immediately knew what happened. As soon as I get in there, I grab him in one arm, stick his head under the faucet and with the other hand turn on the water as I thought the hot wax was burning his face and eyes. Luckily it wan't hot enough to burn and he had a little cut on his cheek. But what a pain getting all that wax off his eyelashes and eyebrows. Before his mother had a chance to try to blame me for it I explained how stupid it was to leave anything where he could reach it (she still thought it was my fault for letting him out of my sight :roll: )

it's amazing our kids survived.
    tv's are the new baby killers.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    tv's are the new baby killers.

yes, too heavy and fall over too easily
    I've heard that babies bounce when you drop them...

- Christopher McCandless
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I've heard that babies bounce when you drop them...

yes they can but now the government is telling me that having a fat baby is not good. I just can't catch a break