Options

Glorified G dedication to Dick Cheney edited out of the boot!

Pjammin10Pjammin10 Posts: 24
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
At the concert (Camden 2... 5/28)... Eddie said before Glorified G: "I'd, I should say, we'd like to dedicate this next song to our good friend and mentor, Dick Cheney!"

... the crowd then burst out in laughter and they started the song.

On the boot, however, Dick Cheney's name was edited out - it now sounds like Eddie says, "...our good friend and mentor, heh."

Anyone else notice that?

---
edit:

Anyone using iTunes with a crossfade won't hear it, as I didn't the first twenty tries.

.....Also:: Check out Boom's solo on Crazy Mary - it's one of his best solos, ever.
::Mike
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    thats shitty
  • Options
    groovNgroovN Posts: 92
    is this boot ready for d/l? that was a funny freaking part of the concert and totally changed the meaning of the lyrics!
    picture an empty cup in the middle of the sea
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Wow. That is really weak. Why??
  • Options
    KMK182KMK182 Posts: 16
    Did you get the FLAC? The mp3 has it, its on the end of Do the Evolution.
    05.28.06: Camden
    05.27.06: Camden
    10.03.05: Philly
    10.01.04: Reading
    07.12.03: Hershey
    04.26.03: Pittsburgh
  • Options
    KMK182 wrote:
    Did you get the FLAC? The mp3 has it, its on the end of Do the Evolution.

I have the MP3 version...

My DTE ends with "good friend" and Glorified G starts with "..mentor, heh."

Dick's name is no where to be found.
  • Options
    homeratbathomeratbat Posts: 219
    i hope we can get a reason for this i want to buy the show but want it to be complete
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    this doesn't make sense. why would they do this? I'm thinking its an error ... either in the mp3 itself or something you did.

although I can't say for sure, because I don't have this show. I wish someone else would say if theirs is like this as well.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    thesheffthesheff Posts: 59
    were the lyrics changed like in chicago?

got a gun
    in fact i've got 2
    that's ok i'm the vice president
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    Pjammin10 wrote:
    I have the MP3 version...

My DTE ends with "good friend" and Glorified G starts with "..mentor, heh."

Dick's name is no where to be found.

What's the length on your files? My DTE is 3:56 and Glorified G is 3:11. DTE ends with Ed saying "...friend and mentor and uhh Dick Cheney. Thank you." My Glorified G starts with the crowd laughing and kicks right into the riff.
  • Options
    thesheff wrote:

got a gun
    in fact i've got 2

Nope. Lyrics seems to be straight from the album, but it was really Ed's gestures that kicked the song up a notch. He was doing some very animated impressions of Cheney throughout the song.

...and on a positive note... During Glorified G (and really the rest of the show), Ed's voice sounded much clearer and much more piercing than I've ever heard it before. Maybe the aggressive sound was due to him being pissed off as hell during the second half of the show (after Even Flow).
  • Options
    KMK182 wrote:
    What's the length on your files? My DTE is 3:56 and Glorified G is 3:11. DTE ends with Ed saying "...friend and mentor and uhh Dick Cheney. Thank you." My Glorified G starts with the crowd laughing and kicks right into the riff.

Mine are the same. I'm using iTunes with a 1 second crossfade. Bitching software.
  • Options
    thesheff wrote:

got a gun
    in fact i've got 2

No, but it sounds like he was maybe considering changing it. He stumbles over the I a little. He was also making motions like he was cocking a shotgun and aiming it.
  • Options
    homeratbathomeratbat Posts: 219
    so did we decide if the mp3 is messed up ?
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    homeratbat wrote:
    so did we decide if the mp3 is messed up ?

I think it was the software the original poster was using. right?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    pghaspghas Posts: 128
    yes, crossfading by one second would remove the last and first second of each track. So in the effort to eliminate the clicks betweenn tracks, you find yet another reason to pay the extra $5 for FLAC
  • Options
    pghas wrote:
    yes, crossfading by one second would remove the last and first second of each track. So in the effort to eliminate the clicks betweenn tracks, you find yet another reason to pay the extra $5 for FLAC

I'm using Ultimate Ears Super.fi Pro 5's to listen to the boot. Can you truly tell the difference between the MP3s posted on the download site vs. the FLAC files? Since I use iTunes for everything (and I know - it has shitty audio processing), would it still be worth it to buy the FLAC download for the next concert - even if I convert it down to something like 256kbps AAC?
  • Options
    KMK182 wrote:
    My DTE is 3:56 and Glorified G is 3:11. DTE ends with Ed saying "...friend and mentor and uhh Dick Cheney. Thank you." My Glorified G starts with the crowd laughing and kicks right into the riff.

Same here.
    6/26-27/98, 6/13/99, 8/15/00, 10/12/00, 10/17-18/00, 12/09/02, 4/03/03, 6/09-10/03, 10/22/03, 9/28/04, 10/05/04, 8/29/05, 9/11-12-13/05, 5/27-28/06, 7/2-3/06, 7/22-23/06, VIC, 8/5/07, 6/24-25/08...
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    on a related note...

who ever has Camden II could you please tell me, can you hear the crowd really well on the boot?

specifically during Black when everyone is clapping and then going do do do do do do do (lol)?

just wondering how awesome the boot will be
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Pjammin10 wrote:
    At the concert (Camden 2... 5/28)... Eddie said before Glorified G: "I'd, I should say, we'd like to dedicate this next song to our good friend and mentor, Dick Cheney!"

... the crowd then burst out in laughter and they started the song.

On the boot, however, Dick Cheney's name was edited out - it now sounds like Eddie says, "...our good friend and mentor, heh."

Anyone else notice that?

---
    edit:

Anyone using iTunes with a crossfade won't hear it, as I didn't the first twenty tries.

.....Also:: Check out Boom's solo on Crazy Mary - it's one of his best solos, ever.

That sucks!! I was really hoping that would be on the boot since it was hilarious, I wonder why they edited that :S

Well Im in the process of dowloading Camden II so I'll let you guys know what happens in mine :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    That sucks!! I was really hoping that would be on the boot since it was hilarious, I wonder why they edited that :S

They didn't edit it. If you read through the thread you'll see it's a matter of cross fading the mp3s. This eliminates enough seconds of the cut to eliminate his name.

Don't crossfade and you won't have a problem, or throw both mp3s into an editor and make the change at another spot.

I dunno but this was always the FLAC show for me. I'm really glad it's up

:D

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    thesheff wrote:

got a gun
    in fact i've got 2

nope, on there. has to be a glitch for Camden

c'mon, after all the things he's said?
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    scw156 wrote:
    on a related note...

who ever has Camden II could you please tell me, can you hear the crowd really well on the boot?

specifically during Black when everyone is clapping and then going do do do do do do do (lol)?

just wondering how awesome the boot will be

You know, that was the FIRST thing I listened for! I am sad to say though, you can barely hear the crowd singing throughout parts of the concert when Eddie held the mic out to the audience. Mike's guitar, on the other hand, is above everything else in the boot's mix, which does sound great IMHO, but it would've been a nice rememberance if Eliason would've pushed up the volume of the crowd at certain times.