How has Ed been vocally this tour?

janegosfordjanegosford Posts: 179
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I've seen a few posts that say his I'm Open in Hartford was pretty rough. Has he been good otherwise?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• id say fucking AMAZING!!!! then again i sing real loud at shows so maybe i cant hear ed all that great haha
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • GREAT!!!!! perfect

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • jjmofojjmofo Posts: 47
    I don't know about Hartford but I went to Albany and downloaded that plus Toronto #2. I think its the best he's sounded since the 2000 tour. In 2003 he sounded way too winded, must have been too many cigs. '04 and '05 were better but this year you can definitely tell he's cutting down on the smoking. I would recommend getting Toronto #2 or Albany. He blasted Comatose in Albany, his voice did not sound as strained as it does on the album when he sings it.
  • i love ed ... but i don't think he sounded great at hartford. i don't think it's his fault, either. sure, the smoking is hurting him but i think it's the intensity of the new material. the way he attacks songs and the fact that they play for 2+ hours a night is affecting him -- especially on the second night of back-to-back shows (like hartford). still, it's ed fucking vedder. i'll take whatever he's dishing out.
    Give way to nature ...
  • The first time I saw PJ was 96, and I've seen them about 10 times since then, and I'd say this tour was the best he's sounded IMO. Definitely better than on the Riot Act tour, and probably equal to if not better than what he was singing like on the No Code and Yield tours.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I was at Hartford and I thought he sounded great for most of the show~when ever there are back to back shows early in the tour....he has a bit of trouble. He gets stronger as the tour goes on. Enjoy all~the new music is nothing short of AWESOME!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • jjmofojjmofo Posts: 47
    i love ed ... but i don't think he sounded great at hartford. i don't think it's his fault, either. sure, the smoking is hurting him but i think it's the intensity of the new material. the way he attacks songs and the fact that they play for 2+ hours a night is affecting him -- especially on the second night of back-to-back shows (like hartford). still, it's ed fucking vedder. i'll take whatever he's dishing out.

Was there that big of a change from Albany to Hartford??
  • potluckpotluck Posts: 170
    i wanna know how stones been singing?
    06/24/1998 SD
    10/12/2000 KS
    06/13/2003 IA
    06/15/2003 ND
    06/16/2003 Mn
    06/21/2003 WI
    10/05/2004 MO
    10/08/2004 FL
    09/08/2005 MB
    09/09/2005 ON
    05/17/2006 IL
    05/19/2006 MI
    07/02/2006 CO
    08/05/2007 Lolla
    06/14/2008 B'roo

Kill Fascists.... or at least make them realize what they are.
  • I went to one and listened to quite a few and he sounds really good. Not the voice off of ten by any means but a lot more steady and controlled than he sounded in 2003. It's miles better than how he sounded on Lowlight on the MSG DVD, if y'knowwhaddahmean ;)

edit: Stone? not getting a word in edgeways, 'cept for like Why Go n' stuff. Matt's stealing his semi-thunder!
  • debaserdebaser Posts: 1
    I saw PJ for the first time a couple of years ago on the Rock the Vote show or whatever it was called. Pearl Jam was awesome! They played The Who's "The Seeker". It was absolutely amazing! I hope they play that one as an encore again in Boston on May 25th. Either way, the new CD is great and I'm sure the concert will rock!!

BTW-If anyone knows how I can get a CD copy of the Boston Fleet Center show from August of 2004, let me know.

Thanks,

Debaser