Sheraton Gibson

corduroycorduroy Posts: 117
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Was anyone else at the '94 show in Cleveland when Eddie came out and did this gem of a Pete Townshend song? I was screaming it in '03 for him to do it again, but no luck. If anyone runs into him between now and saturday, be sure to ask him to do it. I was thinking of bringing a sign, but I'm 30 and would feel alittle "American Idol Fan-ish". I saw The Who in Cleveland in 2000 and Pete did the song and said that "It's a favorite of Eddie Vedder's, we often play it together. He taught me how to play it again (for the Cleveland show).

By the way, you can hear my yelling "Sheraton Gibson!!" right before "I am a Patriot" on the Cleveland '03 Bootleg!! HA HA...I'm dumb....
1994 - Cleveland, 1998 - Cleveland, 2000 - Columbus, 2003 - Cleveland/Columbus, 2006 - Cleveland, 2009 - Philly 1, 2010 - Columbus/Cleveland, 2013 - Pittsburgh/Buffalo, 2014 - Cincy/Detroit, 2016-Lexington/Wrigley #1, 2018- Fenway 1, 2022-Nashville, 2024-Seattle1/Noblesville/Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pearljammerpearljammer Posts: 237
    Wasn't there in Cleveland, but since we're on the subject, I really want to see Ed do 'Blue Red and Grey' one time. I remember it from the 2003 HOB webcast, it's an amazing song. Ed looked so sad singing it.

And on the topic of yelling out at shows, some guy was yelling "BLUE RED AND GREEEEEY" the whole time Ed was introducing the song, and I thought "okay buddy, you know he's going to play it, stop yelling". :)
    EvenFLOW PsYcHo #29

~ is your Pearl Jam cup half empty, or 1/2 Full?