Options

***Winner!!!!***March Madness WEEKEND GIVEAWAY!!!!

pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
edited March 2012 in Lost Dogs
Winner is!!!!!!...HaveIGotALittleStoryForYou

I LOVE this time of the year...It puts me in the giving mood!

Up for grabs is the Vs/Vitalogy/Orpheum Deluxe Edition 3-CD box. The CD's are perfect and have been played only once or twice. However, there is a small tear on the back of the box.(less than an inch)
55nkt2.jpg

So, if you don't already have this 3CD boxset & you don't mind that small tear, this giveaway is for you!

Just tell me one of your favorite quotes by any member of the band. (past or present)
(right now, mine is..."Every few years I'll party way too much to remind myself what an idiot I am" - Jeff)

Winner will randomly be chosen by my 5yr old (again!), Sunday 3/11/2012 at 5PM EST.

Shipping is on me....Good Luck!!
GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aqo2t.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    ED: Youth is wasted on the young and wealth is wasted on the old.
    Thanks for the chance!
    Josh
  • Options
    foursymbolsfoursymbols Dublin Posts: 527
    "Actually, we're a complete fraud. We can't sing, play or write songs, we get other people to do it for us. We also pay radio stations lots of money to tell kids to buy our records and wear clothes like us." EV :)
    'It's a sad and beautiful world' - Mark Linkous
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    " I think celebrities suck" EV.....thanks for the chance.
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    Great giveaway, thanks for the chance.

From Singles- " A compliment for us, is a compliment for you."
  • Options
    dan46erdan46er Posts: 157
    Part of the Grammy acceptance...
    "My dad died before I got to know him and he would have liked it. That's why I'm here."
    Buffalo 05/10/10, Buffalo 10/12/13, Brooklyn 10/19/13

"I seem to recognize your face, haunting, familiar yet, I can't seem to place it..."
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Before playing Glorified G "We would like to dedicate this next song to our good friend and mentor... Dick Cheney!" - May 28, 2006 Camden, NJ

this one is pretty funny
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Ed introducing 'Indifference' at Wembley '07 saying "I've wrote some shit lyrics in my time but this ain't one of them" before forgetting the 2nd line of it!!! Great song, great gig.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    ShortyShorty Ontario Posts: 1,160
    Every time I see the Spice Girls, it makes me want to try to fly by climbing my roof and strapping bricks to my shoes - EV.

Thanks for the chance!
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    GOSSARD: "To stay together and work it out. And that there's going to be someone who is gonna knock you right on your ass if you're NOT working it out. I feel like the band finally is a family right now, and that we're in it for the long haul, and that there's nothing we can't work out in terms of being able to play music together. The bottom line is that when we all plug in, Eddie can make us dance and play like little molecules bouncing off the wall. And, for whatever reason, we can make him feel like singing."

Awesome giveaway!!!!Thanks for the chance :D
  • Options
    GREAT giveaway! Thanks for the chance!

Love this one from Eddie: "Worship the music not the musician." Though I tend to worship both!

I assume the drawing this Sunday - your post reads: "Winner will randomly be chosen by my 5yr old (again!), Sunday 2/11/2012 at 5PM EST"

THANKS!
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    teriroseob wrote:
    I assume the drawing this Sunday - your post reads: "Winner will randomly be chosen by my 5yr old (again!), Sunday 2/11/2012 at 5PM EST"

THANKS!

yes...this coming Sunday :oops: (3/11/2012)....*fixed*
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    "Good Morning, the advice we give you is the advice we give ourselves, lets pace ourselves. It's gonna be a long one"
    EV, Mansfield, The Experiment, 7-11-03
  • Options
    landolando Posts: 661
    Cool, thanks!

“There's a lot of anger and frustration in the atmosphere these days. We didn't want to add to the negative noise pollution, but we did want to do something. It's just not the time to be cryptic. I mean, our tax dollars for this war are being funneled through huge corporations-one of which Dick Cheney used to be head of-and there's an even greater disparity between rich or poor in this country. It offends me on a really deep level.”
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11
  • Options
    EV reading his horoscope in Montreal 2011: "Avoid people! You need happiness and laughter in your life not glum surroundings that make fell down, go where the music is playing and people are laughing!"
    Go listen to John Frusciante right now!
  • Options
    MichaelGMichaelG Posts: 89
    Thanks for the chance.... cool contest and glad to get some good laughs/smiles by this contest:

I'm going with EV screaming at the crowd in Mansfield, MA back in 1998:

"Hey listen asshole, one more f*cker throws a f*cking quarter out here and we're outta here, I'm tellin ya, F*CKER! What the f*ck? You're blowin' it for f*cking everybody! Hit me with a f*cking quarter again, and f*ck it, I'm outta here! We're all outta here! f*ck you! And if anyone sees someone throw a f*cking, change right next to 'em, you have my permission to personally beat the f*cking holy shit out of em! Thank you very much! f*cking idiot! Ahhhhhh.... That felt good!"
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Matt Cameron from PJ20...so funny

"I had a list of something like 60 or 70, I'd close my eyes be like *that*, okay do I know that song..it's like NOO!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    “I don’t know what this means. I don’t think it means anything. That’s just how I feel”. EV grammy speech
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    "You don't love me. You love who you think I am. If you knew me, you wouldn't love me. And don't try to pretend you know me, because I don't even know myself.” - EV

thanks for the chance!!
    "I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as Josh Homme"
  • Options
    "This next song is called I Got Shit. But I guess most of you are saying, ‘I got shit tickets.’” - May 13, 2006 visit to Hartford, CT
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011
  • Options
    "This is the San Diego Rock Arena...not the San Diego Sports Arena." - Ed San Diego show 2000. He also goes on to say that us San Diego fans have no sports to cheer for and that's why we're cheering for PJ :lol:
    "I did what I had to do. If there was a reason it was you..."
  • Options
    "That guy you used to be, he’s still in the car. He’ll always be in the car. Just don’t let him drive." -- Eddie

I love this one, thanks for the chance!!
    "That guy you used to be, he’s still in the car. He’ll always be in the car. Just don’t let him drive." -- Eddie
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    People see Eddie for 20 seconds at the Grammys and think, Goddamn, he must be like this all the time. I feel sorry for his friends.
    Jeff Ament
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    "Hey look, it's a Grammy!" - Stone
  • Options
    JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    damn. beat me to the grammy one.
  • Options
    Mike_McQMike_McQ Posts: 105
    I just went and listened to my Alpine PJ20 Day 2 recording and I thought this was awesome.

Right after they played "Given To Fly" Ed says:

"It's a different kind of experience, one that feels different in a good way,... that we could play just about anything and you fuckers would know.."
    Mike_McQ
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    "Our guy is pretty good, too" - Stone Gossard in PJ20.

Thanks for doing this!
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    sloveniaslovenia Posts: 102
    Thanks for the generosity.
    EV -- sept 11th 2005, kitchener.

Right after indifference. Best crowd performance of indifference in my opinion. EV let the crowd sing more of the song than usual.

"It makes a hell of a lot of difference. People see that many people doing something like in unison like that, for like a real reason, like a good reason. It scares the shit out of them"
  • Options
    “Hey, listen asshole, one more fucker throws a fucking quarter out here and we’re outta here, I’m tellin’ ya, FUCKER! What the fuck? You’re blowin’ it for fucking everybody! Hit me with a fucking quarter again, and fuck it, I’m outta here! We’re all outta here! Fuck you! And if anyone sees someone throw fucking change right next to ‘em, you have my permission to personally beat the fucking holy shit out of ‘em! Thank you very much! Fucking idiot! Ahhhhhh… That felt good!” - Greatwoods For The Performing Arts, Mansfield MA Summer September 16, 1998
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    "Mom, I'm not your little boy anymore. Have you seen the size of my bank account? Would you give me some respect? Or, have you seen the size of my..." (crowd goes crazy) "I was talking about my guitar, what did you think I was talking about? Oh, actually, this one's very small! George, quick, I need the biggest guitar you've got back there! Get me the 12 string! Get me the bass!" --Ed, solo show, Chicago 8-21-08
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    JR2323JR2323 Posts: 82
    ED:200O alpine valley.( Welcome To The Ice Bowl!)
    10/8/00. 6/15/03. 9/17/11

JR