Options

VIC SHOW!!! Just scored Tickets from 10C Waiting List

Comments

• Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    pjtaper wrote:
    I emailed the 10C, told them my frustration of not knowing about the list until it was too late...
    I just don't get them some times, why hide shit like this, they know it will piss people off...

Why do you think they hid anything from you?

The list got too big to annouce it... end of story.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    pjtaper wrote:
    I emailed the 10C, told them my frustration of not knowing about the list until it was too late...
    I just don't get them some times, why hide shit like this, they know it will piss people off...

These 'unofficial' waiting lists have been around before... and mentioned on the board. They're not hiding anything.. just not advertising it. Now maybe because of all this moaning, they won't do that anymore...
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    good, I hope they don't do it any more... put the tickets back in the goods section!
    I hope they play unemployable at the vic! i hope shania comes out!
  • Options
    elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    i'd like to see how many chicago people actually got tix, is TouringFans website still around? i couldn't find it.... just curious. maybe just more chicago people are being vocal, but it seems like no one local got tix..
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    Dreamfire2 wrote:
    This waiting list thing is mind boggling to me. I didn't complain about the original sale and kept trying the link and now find that if I had complained I might get tickets?

Answer me this? Should not every person on the board complain or flood 10c with email next time?

I'm happy for the people who are now scoring these tickets but whereas the original sale was fair but disappointing the waiting list in in my opinion just downright ridiculous.

My thoughts exactly. The last thing I thought to do was complain to the 10C because I am always thankful for what they do - even though I was one of those who did not get an icon until they were sold out. It seems like if you bitched, you got lucky in some cases. bad message to send out in my opinion. Although I am happy for the true persistent fans that got a 2nd chance.
  • Options
    GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    elstongunn wrote:
    i'd like to see how many chicago people actually got tix, is TouringFans website still around? i couldn't find it.... just curious. maybe just more chicago people are being vocal, but it seems like no one local got tix..

That's why I asked if the waiting list people that got tix were local? I hope they'd sell the extra tix to locals on the waiting list.
  • Options
    I'm local... in San Diego:-)
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    pjtaper wrote:
    good, I hope they don't do it any more... put the tickets back in the goods section!

U think that the two pairs of tickets that went to folks on the list would have been yours if they randomly put them in the goods section?

how else to U expect them to sell 4 tickets
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:

oh boy.... I swear you are the biggest baby...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    U think that the two pairs of tickets that went to folks on the list would have been yours if they randomly put them in the goods section?

how else to U expect them to sell 4 tickets

i just went to the goods section and the vic tickets are there....sold out...at least i finally saw what the icon looked like. now that woulda been something.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

EVACUATION!!
  • Options
    elstongunn wrote:
    i just went to the goods section and the vic tickets are there....sold out...at least i finally saw what the icon looked like.

heheh
  • Options
    luketheukeluketheuke Posts: 64
    elstongunn wrote:
    i just went to the goods section and the vic tickets are there....sold out...at least i finally saw what the icon looked like. now that woulda been something.

Speaking of that, any ideas on why they continue to list the tickets in the goods section. Is it just to terrorize all the unlucky chicagoans like me.
  • Options
    luketheuke wrote:
    Speaking of that, any ideas on why they continue to list the tickets in the goods section. Is it just to terrorize all the unlucky chicagoans like me.
    like us...like US! we must stick together lukeduke, the no show-locals... maybe we can make that a shirt and hang out at the venue and collect spare change.

EVACUATION!!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    luketheuke wrote:
    You just never know when the BUY button may appear, ask the Europeans.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    elstongunn wrote:
    like us...like US! we must stick together lukeduke, the no show-locals... maybe we can make that a shirt and hang out at the venue and collect spare change.

I am with you...I can't believe I am actually considering taking a day off work just to sit in front of a venue for a show I have no tickets for and no conceivable way of obtaining them...except a miracle
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    Congrats!!!! Enjoy the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    You just never know when the BUY button may appear, ask the Europeans.

I kind of figured that, but now I am afraid to leave my computer. Needless to say my boss will be a lot happier after thursday, then I won't be glued to the computer screen
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    luketheuke wrote:
    I am with you...I can't believe I am actually considering taking a day off work just to sit in front of a venue for a show I have no tickets for and no conceivable way of obtaining them...except a miracle

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!!!!

Thank you Bruinjam33!

:):):):):)
  • Options
    LovetheJam wrote:
    MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!!!!

Thank you Bruinjam33!

:):):):):)

Thanks for the encouragement, I have been following your quest over the last couple days. I am glad that you finally succeeded, perhaps someone will bestow a bit of generosity on me by the time Thursday rolls around!
  • Options
    luketheuke wrote:
    i tried that for the HOB Plant show.. it was a good time hanging out with people and having beers inside the restaurant until the doors open and reality smacks you in the face. it was a long walk of shame home....did hear soundcheck though but HOB is easy for that because you can get into the restaurant.

EVACUATION!!
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I'm gonna bump this thread in hopes of good news for some!!!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    I'm gonna bump this thread in hopes of good news for some!!!

Do not get your hopes up tooooo high I email 10C earlier today to see the chances of more tickets for folks on the waiting list they said "very slim" the tickets yesterday came from folks who could not go and cancelled their orders.
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    KDH12 wrote:
    Do not get your hopes up tooooo high I email 10C earlier today to see the chances of more tickets for folks on the waiting list they said "very slim" the tickets yesterday came from folks who could not go and cancelled their orders.

well, i'm hoping for the same today, plus anyone who did not make the deadline for today from yesterday. i know, i'm dreaming.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    KDH12 wrote:
    It's funny, I swear they said no cancellations.
    Essentially, they're doing transfers, but without members having to even deal with each other.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    13PJ13 wrote:
    It's funny, I swear they said no cancellations.
    Essentially, they're doing transfers, but without members having to even deal with each other.

thats perfectly fine by me. they dont want these tickets to go to waste any more than we do.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    LovetheJam wrote:
    MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!!!!

Thank you Bruinjam33!

:):):):)

AHHH!!!! (((Hugs!!)))
    I'm soo happy for you Linda!!! I'll be seeing u at the Vic girlie!! :D
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    lowlight10 wrote:
    thats perfectly fine by me. they dont want these tickets to go to waste any more than we do.

exactly. who gives a fuck that they said no cancellations. I sure am hoping for another.
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    jlew24asu wrote:
    exactly. who gives a fuck that they said no cancellations. I sure am hoping for another.
    I don't have a problem with every single available spot being taken up by 10c fans. I hope it happens, honestly.
    I just think precedence means a lot, and each time one of these things happen, they don't follow through on their threats/promises, which leads to more bitching in the future.
    It was merely an observation.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    I'm still interested in buying a ticket. I just looked at airfair, and I thought I could do this.

I didn't know where to post this, and I thought another thread would be excessive :) Sorry, if this is a bonafide hijacking.

However, to whoever goes I hope you have a WonDERful time!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    last day for some cancellations