Options

Canada Post users. Added cylinder tube surcharges.

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,175
edited March 2012 in Lost Dogs
http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manua ... onal-e.asp

a surcharge will be applied to mailing tubes that are cylindrical in shape.

Didn't know about this till I sent out a print minutes ago @ lunch break. They are now charging $1.50 every cylinder tube surcharge shipped out. BUT if you buy one of those triangle boxes @ Canada Post where you can add your poster tube inside (like the one's Munk One & Jeff Soto uses) you will not be charged.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Lukin19Lukin19 We The North Posts: 505
    I've been paying this charge for the past couple years. How did you manage to avoid it this long?
  • Options
    Lukin19 wrote:
    I've been paying this charge for the past couple years. How did you manage to avoid it this long?

I don't know. :shock:

On the receipt like the others I'm charged $1.25 for Fuel Surcharge per tube. But it's the first time, this post office I visit right inside Shoppers Drugs Mart locally for a while now, that informed me that now they are charging an added $1.50 for Cylinder Tube Surcharge.
  • Options
    albert83albert83 Saskatoon, SK Posts: 109
    Here's my experience. I used to always send my tubes at the post office in Co op in my city. One day I went into the shoppers to send cause I was in that area. The first thing they said was the 1.50$ fee and then they said they were gonna have to charge another handling fee for akward shaped parcel. The lady also was very quick when measuring it. Anyway in the end they wanted 27$ to send it. I politlely declined because I had never paid that even to send to Australia and this was just going to the USA. I drove over to the co op and no extra fee's and it came to 11.35$ to send. I asked about the fees and the co op person said that they had nothing like that there. I thought maybe i had just ran into a power tripping employee so i went back a a couple months later just to see and again the same results. This makes me think these fees may be a shoppers thing.

Sho=
    demetrios wrote:
    Lukin19 wrote:

I don't know. :shock:

On the receipt like the others I'm charged $1.25 for Fuel Surcharge per tube. But it's the first time, this post office I visit right inside Shoppers Drugs Mart locally for a while now, that informed me that now they are charging an added $1.50 for Cylinder Tube Surcharge.
  • Options
    Another Canada Post store downtown Halifax was charging me 10 dollars more. Same way of shipping. Xpresspost / Expedited, insurance etc.. Same weight, size etc.. It was much cheaper @ my local Shoppers Drug Mart Canada Post store then using them while using my Venture One card.

I'm a regular @ my local Shoppers Dug Mart Canada Post store. For year's I haven't had that $1.50 Cylinder Tube Surcharge. Last week I sent out 2 posters & the charge is not on any of those receipts.
  • Options
    Lukin19 wrote:

this. i've never had someone tell me about it but it has always been on the receipt after I pay. I did however notice that shipping to the us has gotten faster with canada post now.
  • Options
    I did however notice that shipping to the us has gotten faster with canada post now.

I've noticed that too. Friends in the USA are receiving my PJ goodies within a week to two. :)
    i've never had someone tell me about it but it has always been on the receipt after I pay.

It's never been on my receipts. I have a few poster receipts I've kept for a few weeks back and none of them have that added Cylinder Tube Surcharge. Just that Fuel Surcharge added on the receipt.

Well, it was a good run. :)
  • Options
    I just looked at my receipts. Some of them say n/n cylinder tube but some say n/n @ $1.50