Unbalanced loads

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone else have a regualar problem balancing their laundry in the washing machine or am I the only fucktard? Like 50% of the time I have to run to the washing machine because it's banging around. :?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    stop that

put your laundry in evenly around in a circle as water is filling and the soap is in there

wash with smaller loads
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    wash 'like items' together

wash all your jeans in the same load

wash all your towels together

if you toss in a bunch of shirts in with a pair of jeans, the jeans will throw off the balance.

or you could just get a front loader...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I never thought of the jean/shirt balance thing.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    RKCNDY wrote:
    wash 'like items' together

wash all your jeans in the same load

wash all your towels together

if you toss in a bunch of shirts in with a pair of jeans, the jeans will throw off the balance.

or you could just get a front loader...
    yes,,,,,,

i do this now big time
    or at least i am noticing this a lot more or something

i think i notice this a lot more is because i am a swimmer nowadays
    i go through towels like no tomorrow
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Throw a bowling ball in the light side.

Duh.

and yes. That was a tip from "Rocket Sciencetisk"
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    I love Pearl Jam
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • bionicamybionicamy Posts: 424
    If its been awhile you might wanna check that your washer is still level.
    You may need to adjust the feet on the bottom or just move it a bit to get it back in the right spot.
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    giggity.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    you just reminded me that i need to do laundry

and no, i've never had that problem :P
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Got a set of these babies...solved that problem once and for all :)

s_appl_Laun_H2_030212_v2.jpg?t=1330998809
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,805
    conman wrote:
    you just reminded me that i need to do laundry

and no, i've never had that problem :P
    sure you havent.

But thats what I first thought when I saw the title.

Too much at the front end of things? Not enough at the "end"? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'm doing laundry right now and it sounds like I have a balanced load so far.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,651
    You didn't by any chance accidentally leave one of these in your jeans pocket?

wrench.jpg
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    brianlux wrote:

wrench.jpg

Nah, DS has never had anything that big in his pants. Did you leave a roll of dimes in there DS?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    My wife has this same issue. I'll email her this thread
    brianlux wrote:

wrench.jpg

Nah, DS has never had anything that big in his pants. Did you leave a roll of dimes in there DS?

Silver dollars. :mrgreen:
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    my mom's dryer drum once became unattached.

So when drying a load, the thing bounced around like a loose loud dryer drum.

I wonder if the bowling ball jarred it loose?

NAH!
  • I have noticed that sometimes when I wash hoodies that still have the string in the neck, that the string will get tied up around the agitator causing it to slam around like it's unbalanced.
    Sorry there's no "that's what she said" joke, just a laundry tip ;)
    *Denver 04-01-2003*ACL 10-04-2009*Colombus 05-06-2010*Noblesville 05-07-2010*Bridge School 10-23 & 10-24-2010*PJ20 09-03 & 09-04-2011*Deluna Fest 09-21-2012*Wrigley Field 07-19-2013*Ok City 11-16-2013*Moline (Rail, Hometown!)10-17-2014*St Paul 10-19-2014*Milwaukee 10-20-2014*Denver 10-22-2014*
    *Ed Solo: Detroit 06-26-2011, Chicago 06-29-2011*
    Rollings wrote:
    my mom's dryer drum once became unattached.

So when drying a load, the thing bounced around like a loose loud dryer drum.

I wonder if the bowling ball jarred it loose?

NAH!
    I had a friend who used to drum on his Mom's unattached dryer drum. True!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• shepshep Posts: 5,762
    This is the thread where I need to post the video of Moe taking bets in his bar for the washer vs dryer race...

only I can't find it on youtube.... :(

and no one probably knows what I'm talking about and you think I'm crazy... ;)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I know what you're talking about. Sadly most Simpsons clips get pulled from youtube.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Quit trying to wash cinder blocks
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    maybe one nut is bigger than the other? have a girl test it out.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Have you seen Scruffy lately?
    Perhaps.....

12.jpg
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    StillHere wrote:
    Have you seen Scruffy lately?
    Perhaps.....

12.jpg

:o
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I don't want to know about anyone's loads!! :sick:

:lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I was just thinking something along those lines myself, butt ummmm.... I won't go there! :lol: ... :roll:

I know... stupid, infantile humor. (No worries, I'll only say that about myself :lol: ).

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    brianlux wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I was just thinking something along those lines myself, butt ummmm.... I won't go there! :lol: ... :roll:

I know... stupid, infantile humor. (No worries, I'll only say that about myself :lol: ).

Oh I'm very well aware of how juvenile my humor level is! :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Oh I'm very well aware of how juvenile my humor level is! :lol:

You mean I'm not alone? :lol:

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    ever find a solution?