AET Poker Games

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    DS1119 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    I've also tossed my cards in as to fold, and have had them flip up a couple of times. The dealer and the rest of the table aren't too fond of that one! :oops: :lol:

I've done that by accident. Again everyone has done that.

Interesting story. I was playing a tourney at the Sahara and it was myself and only one other player in the hand. I don't really remember the cards but somehow I ended up all in on the flop. He sat and stared at me for mayber 30 seconds and then turned his cards over before calling or folding. I have never experienced that before. He eventually folded but that was some scarey wild west poker type shit:?

I hate the long stare-downs. The last time I was in Vegas this creepy guy would stare down everyone who raised him. I got the stare down twice by this guy. I didn't even know where to look when he was doing it. I'd peek up from time to time to see if he was actually doing anything, but it was really uncomfortable. Both times he did that he apparently read me wrong. :lol:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    DS1119 wrote:

Interesting story. I was playing a tourney at the Sahara and it was myself and only one other player in the hand. I don't really remember the cards but somehow I ended up all in on the flop. He sat and stared at me for mayber 30 seconds and then turned his cards over before calling or folding. I have never experienced that before. He eventually folded but that was some scarey wild west poker type shit:?

trying to get a read on ya ...
    rrivers wrote:

I've gotten into pretty heated arguments with people about talking about the hand when someone is all in. One time I was in a hand with a complete fish who was doing to me what bestdeal did to Speedy all weekend and he was about to fold, literally was in the process of throwing his hand away, when someone talked him into staying in the hand. Things were....awkward to say the least after that hand. :D

Or the asshole who folds pre-flop only to get really mad when the flop is shown. "Uh, I knew I shouldn't have folded". C'mon guy....you just told the entire table what you just put down!!!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    polaris_x wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

trying to get a read on ya ...

Oh I know that but I never before or have since had someone flip their cards over like that before the hand was settled. I fully expected after the hand was over for Mel Gibson dressed as Maverick to come out and start shooting people. :lol:
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    mca47 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

I've gotten into pretty heated arguments with people about talking about the hand when someone is all in. One time I was in a hand with a complete fish who was doing to me what bestdeal did to Speedy all weekend and he was about to fold, literally was in the process of throwing his hand away, when someone talked him into staying in the hand. Things were....awkward to say the least after that hand. :D

Or the asshole who folds pre-flop only to get really mad when the flop is shown. "Uh, I knew I shouldn't have folded". C'mon guy....you just told the entire table what you just put down!!!

Oh that guy is at a lot of my home games too!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    mca47 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

I actually do that sometimes just to stir things up. :shifty:
    Since we're talking about etiquette and pet peeves...

At home games:
    I hate the guy who makes change out of my bet without showing or telling you what he's doing first.
    You shall not wear sunglasses to a home game under any circumstance.
    Cell phones off the table! I don't care if someone looks at his phone while not playing but leave it in your f'n pocket!
    Don't ask to see what I have once you folded. I'll show you if I want to show you.
    Don't bend the f'n cards! I'm not saying a real "bend" as in crease but the guys who will bend the corner of their cards back to see what their hands are. It fucks up the cards and truly guy...nobody is going to look at what you got.
    Because you can interlace your chips with one hand doesn't mean you should do it the entire fuckin' game!
    If you can't deal without a card flipping over, maybe you shouldn't try to be so fancy. Sure enough, the guy will toss me a card, it'll flip over and 9 times out of 10 it'll be an ace. - Re-shuffle! F!
    Stop being so f'n serious. It's a game, have some f'n fun!

:D
    DS1119 wrote:

I actually do that sometimes just to stir things up. :shifty:

I def yell at my computer like when I folded a full house last night. Lost of words spoken. Just not in person! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    Because you can interlace your chips with one hand doesn't mean you should do it the entire fuckin' game!

:shifty: sorry
    mca47 wrote:
    Since we're talking about etiquette and pet peeves...

At home games:
    I hate the guy who makes change out of my bet without showing or telling you what he's doing first.
    You shall not wear sunglasses to a home game under any circumstance.
    Cell phones off the table! I don't care if someone looks at his phone while not playing but leave it in your f'n pocket!
    Don't ask to see what I have once you folded. I'll show you if I want to show you.
    Don't bend the f'n cards! I'm not saying a real "bend" as in crease but the guys who will bend the corner of their cards back to see what their hands are. It fucks up the cards and truly guy...nobody is going to look at what you got.
    If you can't deal without a card flipping over, maybe you shouldn't try to be so fancy. Sure enough, the guy will toss me a card, it'll flip over and 9 times out of 10 it'll be an ace. - Re-shuffle! F!
    Stop being so f'n serious. It's a game, have some f'n fun!

:D

And don't ask me to deal out the rest of the hand (i.e. turn and river) if everyone has folded at the flop. One person I played with always did this. I think it can only be bad for you. If you find out you wouldn't have gotten the hand yippee and if you hit the hand you were worried about hitting that will only make you play more hands in the future you shouldn't be playing.
    rrivers wrote:

And don't ask me to deal out the rest of the hand (i.e. turn and river) if everyone has folded at the flop. One person I played with always did this. I think it can only be bad for you. If you find out you wouldn't have gotten the hand yippee and if you hit the hand you were worried about hitting that will only make you play more hands in the future you shouldn't be playing.
    Yeah, that one is annoying. Had a friend in college who would always do that. I don't want to know what I could have had. Just makes it frustrating...and you're right, pretty sure I'd be tempted to play more hands.
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    so are any of you really going to get upset, if any of these things happen in our live game???

:corn:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    so are any of you really going to get upset, if any of these things happen in our live game???

I plan on doing them all just out of spite. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

I plan on doing them all just out of spite. :lol:

same here! :lol:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Speaking of the MT game. Does anyone have a good set of chips to bring? I actually do not own any poker chips.
    maybe i shouldn't play.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

still trying to find out who we are paying to deal this game???

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Sawyer
    DS1119 wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Sawyer

:twisted:

:nono:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,417
    Horos?

How was Iron Maiden?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

paying? what's it pay.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

paying? what's it pay.

all the scotch one can drink. :corn:

and still be able to deal and count....

guess that is no one here :lol:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Anyone up for a game tonight?
    what time? I can play if it's soon. A money game?
    rrivers wrote:
    I can play whenever.
    Money or not, I just wanna play.

You wanna make a game? I would, I just don't wanna! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    I can play whenever.

Just made one. Go sign up so I can raise you in the big blind.
    rrivers wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    I can play whenever.

Just made one. Go sign up so I can raise you in the big blind.
    Ass!

:lol:
    C'mon people, sign up. 7 mins left!
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Hey Speedy... Watch how much you drink while you create games... Lots of "Donkeyfest" coming up here...
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Next game in six (6) minutes