AET Poker Games

Comments

• GB45499GB45499 Posts: 232
    I guess I should have logged in earlier this week...would have saved at least a page of ranting. Any pub is better then no pub?? If it weren't for those badass hoodies on Crash's site (for no good reason I promote his shit often and check his site daily) I probably wouldn't have trolled through here.

The only rule breaking I was aware of was this.
    URthekey played, as well as another on her behalf.

I let this slide...for the simple reason as (and I didn't want to be Captain Obvious beforehand but I'm forced now...no offense) URthekey is a new player (fish) and didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell in winning the tournament herself. Sorry but that's the truth. Anyone that watched her play (and I was watching all warm-up games and both tables of the official tournament for all but 10 minutes when I had to take a smoke break) knows that she was nothing more then a calling station and I don't recall her leading out on any round, regardless what she had. She had great cards and won a few good pots. I did start to get nervous about how long she really lasted. I had hoped she would withdrawl from the tournament and I didn't ask her to publicly or privately to do such. I just let it slide...figured if she did play, it would be 3000 spread out to other players at her table. No harm.

Guilty. :oops:

I received a total of 2 PM's about the tournament (and I'm not naming names here). One asking about how to join (because I failed to put that information on the first post in the beginning) and another about if the potential winner could sell the ticket at face value. I said no. He then said he would play for someone that couldn't but never announced to me for who...and again I didn't press the issue. Anything else about the tournament can be found on the thread. I'm far from a professional event planner (oops there I go being Captain Obvious again...) and I thought the 'honor system' would prevail in this 'game'.

Here's the backstory of this whole debacle (and I use that term very loosely) I knew I had an extra ticket from the start and read every single thread started about how badly someone needed a single ticket to this magical concert with unicorns and fairy dust as the prize to whomever would give up such opportunity. I found this thread here about poker (and I played on PokerStars before Moneymaker won the Top Prize) and started playing. I finally announced I had such a jewel. 2 players at that table showed interest in the ticket. peacefrompaul and mca47. I said let's do a heads-up match for it. Paul didn't play much since that conversation but mca47 did and I mentioned the ticket again a few days (maybe a week) and my new idea for it. Maybe give some other fans a chance to win, promote this damn poker room and strike up a real tournament on Sunday. I had no evil intentions. I was completely under the influence.

I'm all for a good conspiracy theory. :mrgreen:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    :corn:
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    DS1119 wrote:
    Would you pass the popcorn dammit and stop hogging it to yourself!
    #FHP
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    :think: I may have spoken to soon. My apologies for that. Not my place to do so.

Prost,

Will
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Another!
    #FHP
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,417
    Horos wrote:
    Another?
    i started one...
    go register....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Paul go register for the next one...

if you want to play again...

horos is in....
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Anyone still around. I'm drunk, but down for a game! :lol:
    Horos wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Would you pass the popcorn dammit and stop hogging it to yourself!

I think there was a second player on the grassy knoll. :corn:
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Had i known DS needed a ticket, i would have played for him! We all know how much online games screw up his live games!

hungry?

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    GB45499 wrote:
    I guess I should have logged in earlier this week...would have saved at least a page of ranting. Any pub is better then no pub?? If it weren't for those badass hoodies on Crash's site (for no good reason I promote his shit often and check his site daily) I probably wouldn't have trolled through here.

The only rule breaking I was aware of was this.
    URthekey played, as well as another on her behalf.

I let this slide...for the simple reason as (and I didn't want to be Captain Obvious beforehand but I'm forced now...no offense) URthekey is a new player (fish) and didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell in winning the tournament herself. Sorry but that's the truth. Anyone that watched her play (and I was watching all warm-up games and both tables of the official tournament for all but 10 minutes when I had to take a smoke break) knows that she was nothing more then a calling station and I don't recall her leading out on any round, regardless what she had. She had great cards and won a few good pots. I did start to get nervous about how long she really lasted. I had hoped she would withdrawl from the tournament and I didn't ask her to publicly or privately to do such. I just let it slide...figured if she did play, it would be 3000 spread out to other players at her table. No harm.

Guilty. :oops:

I received a total of 2 PM's about the tournament (and I'm not naming names here). One asking about how to join (because I failed to put that information on the first post in the beginning) and another about if the potential winner could sell the ticket at face value. I said no. He then said he would play for someone that couldn't but never announced to me for who...and again I didn't press the issue. Anything else about the tournament can be found on the thread. I'm far from a professional event planner (oops there I go being Captain Obvious again...) and I thought the 'honor system' would prevail in this 'game'.

Here's the backstory of this whole debacle (and I use that term very loosely) I knew I had an extra ticket from the start and read every single thread started about how badly someone needed a single ticket to this magical concert with unicorns and fairy dust as the prize to whomever would give up such opportunity. I found this thread here about poker (and I played on PokerStars before Moneymaker won the Top Prize) and started playing. I finally announced I had such a jewel. 2 players at that table showed interest in the ticket. peacefrompaul and mca47. I said let's do a heads-up match for it. Paul didn't play much since that conversation but mca47 did and I mentioned the ticket again a few days (maybe a week) and my new idea for it. Maybe give some other fans a chance to win, promote this damn poker room and strike up a real tournament on Sunday. I had no evil intentions. I was completely under the influence.

I'm all for a good conspiracy theory. :mrgreen:

URthekey was the person I mentioned about having two people play for one person. I disagree that a fish can't win a poker tournament. Show up to the Sunday game, Speedy wins a lot!

I was the person who asked about selling the ticket, you can out me. I played for myself in the end.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    Fuck Montana....
    Game in 15 minutes....
    6 minutes
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    In.
    Nice shirt.
  • GB45499GB45499 Posts: 232
    rrivers wrote:

URthekey was the person I mentioned about having two people play for one person. I disagree that a fish can't win a poker tournament. Show up to the Sunday game, Speedy wins a lot!

I was the person who asked about selling the ticket, you can out me. I played for myself in the end.

So all this has nothing to do with emilysu99? It was all about URthekey?

I explained why I let that one go...and if you think someone that has never played before has a shot at beating 17 other players (most of which know exactly how to play, and well) then that's the difference between you and me. To say this entire thing was a sham couldn't be farther from the truth. If any other player besides bgivens33 had won and then said "oh by the way...that was for emilysu99" the tournament would have been declared a 'misdeal' and another would have taken place. If URthekey and 'robbie' (which I have no clue what his handle is on PokerStars) would have made it to the final table, I would have asked one of them to sit out for the rest of the tournament. If this, If that, If blah blah blah.

If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle. :lol:
    Saturday Night $$$$$$ GAME!!!!!!!

Go register...

Tonight 9pm Central
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    GB45499 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

So all this has nothing to do with emilysu99? It was all about URthekey?

I explained why I let that one go...and if you think someone that has never played before has a shot at beating 17 other players (most of which know exactly how to play, and well) then that's the difference between you and me. To say this entire thing was a sham couldn't be farther from the truth. If any other player besides bgivens33 had won and then said "oh by the way...that was for emilysu99" the tournament would have been declared a 'misdeal' and another would have taken place. If URthekey and 'robbie' (which I have no clue what his handle is on PokerStars) would have made it to the final table, I would have asked one of them to sit out for the rest of the tournament. If this, If that, If blah blah blah.

If my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle. :lol:

Calm down, junior. It has nothing to do with specific people. Speedy asked if more than one person was playing for someone because he heard rumblings. I was half joking when I said a fish can't win a tournament hence me saying Speedy wins a lot. Since you watched the games leading up to the tournament, you no doubt noticed Speedy is a good player.

But if you want to get technical, if you make rules for a tournament you probably should abide by them no matter how you measure the player to be. Otherwise why even have rules? I would agree most, if not all of the players would beat a fish in the long run, but in one tournament anything can happen. Playing poker as long as you have, you no doubt have seen many bad beats which could have happened in that tournament.

There is more to consider than just having a fish win the tournament. A lot was affected by two players playing for the same person. People didn't get hands they would have gotten, lost hands they wouldn't have, and won hands they wouldn't have. Having either URthekey or robbie sit out the rest of the game if they make the final table, affects other players too for the same reason.

Bottom line I think everyone playing were good people and nothing wrong was intended by anyone. I'm not mad at the outcome at all. From the little I've seen on other threads emily really wanted to go, so I am happy she is going. From what Speedy says there seem to be some people who weren't happy so I'm just presenting the other side.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    rrivers wrote:
    if you make rules for a tournament you probably should abide by them
    Nice shirt.

Go register...

Tonight 9pm Central
    MONEY GAME TONIGHT!!!!
    SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!
    GO REGISTER!!!!
    FUCK MONTANA!!!!!!!!

Go register...

Tonight 9pm Central
    MONEY GAME TONIGHT!!!!
    SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!
    GO REGISTER!!!!
    I LOVE MONTANA!!!!!!!!

how much for tonight???

oh and i fixed your quote!!! ha ha

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Speedy...want some :corn: ? :lol:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

how much for tonight???

oh and i fixed your quote!!! ha ha
    $10
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279

Go register...

Tonight 9pm Central
    MONEY GAME TONIGHT!!!!
    SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!
    GO REGISTER!!!!
    FUCK MONTANA!!!!!!!!

I'll be in.
    do we have time or did i miss the river boat.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Saturday game is in 15
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Saturday game is in 15

you playing

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Saturday game is in 15

you playing

No
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Saturday game is in 15

you playing

No
    :fp:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows