• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    I hear ya, speedy.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    rrivers wrote:
    I hear ya, speedy.
    None of us are pros..
    Thats for damned sure..
    But we at least TRY to play a good, decent, honest game.

But every once in a while, ya get one or 2 people to start playing "DonkeyFest" poker...
    And it makes me nuts...

When bad players are REWARDED, for playing real stupid cards...
    It makes me nuts...

I realize my pocket J's are not the best starting cards in the world..
    I get that...

BUT! If I WERE TO HAVE a Q-K offsuit. Would I call and all in..And put myself All-In with a Q-K offsuit?

I think not....
    I realize Q-K is a GOOD drawing hand..
    I get that...
    But I am NOT calling an all in with it...

Thats just me....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... XvEZQnhx_w

Q-K offsuit?
    To CALL? An All-in bet?

Really?
    I'm with ya, brother.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    rrivers wrote:
    I hear ya, speedy.
    None of us are pros..
    Thats for damned sure..

But every once in a while, ya get one or 2 people to start playing "DonkeyFest" poker...
    And it makes me nuts...

It makes me nuts...

I get that...

BUT! If I WERE TO HAVE a Q-K offsuit. Would I call and all in..And put myself All-In with a Q-K offsuit?

I think not....
    I get that...

Thats just me....

I see what you're saying Speedy. It's not the best hand to call someone all-in. The only way I call is if I'm short stacked and the antes are biting me in the ass. That said, I believe the odds of that hand were 55%/45% in your favor. Not a huge difference, but why he called that with the money he had...not sure.
    I got knocked out on a similar hand, but then again...he also had like $20k in chips so it wasn't much of anything to lose.

I wonder if the pace of the blinds and antes were slower, there would be less of that crazy play? :?

I've been booted from a number of tourneys on silly calls. Everytime, except for once I've been booted (without being short-stacked) I played the odds right and still lost. Nature of the game? It's beyond annoying, but it's still fun. The way I see it, I'm just going to keep playing the odds and the clown's luck will eventually catch up to them.
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    do we have an official IN list for the MT game?

Horos
    DS (if it doesn't impact his online game)
    Myself
    PJ_Rocks

I may play. It will depend on how drunk I am. Drunk + poker = :nono:

Drunken poker is FUN!! :thumbup:

I'm 50/50 on that show. If I go, I'm def in!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    KQ isn't an aweful hand to call with, depending on what he thinks you have. maybe he thought you were full on bluffing...i dunno....it's been a bit since i've played vs speedy....so i've somewhat forgotten his MO.

i just despise the post flop raise when it's three handed and one guy is all in and the guy raising has nothing but a draw or maybe a pair. GOTTA check that shit out. Unless you have a very good hand, you want the other non all in person in the game to increase the odds of knocking out the all in guy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mca47 wrote:

I'm 50/50 on that show. If I go, I'm def in!

You should go if you can. Small venue and being in Montana I really don't think you will get the "casual" fan going.
    mca47 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    I hear ya, speedy.
    None of us are pros..
    Thats for damned sure..

And it makes me nuts...

It makes me nuts...

I get that...

I think not....
    I get that...

Thats just me....

I see what you're saying Speedy. It's not the best hand to call someone all-in. The only way I call is if I'm short stacked and the antes are biting me in the ass. That said, I believe the odds of that hand were 55%/45% in your favor. Not a huge difference, but why he called that with the money he had...not sure.
    I got knocked out on a similar hand, but then again...he also had like $20k in chips so it wasn't much of anything to lose.

I wonder if the pace of the blinds and antes were slower, there would be less of that crazy play? :?

I've been booted from a number of tourneys on silly calls. Everytime, except for once I've been booted (without being short-stacked) I played the odds right and still lost. Nature of the game? It's beyond annoying, but it's still fun. The way I see it, I'm just going to keep playing the odds and the clown's luck will eventually catch up to them.

"The way I see it, I'm just going to keep playing the odds and the clown's luck will eventually catch up to them."

That's how I see it, but it is still frustrating when you are in the middle of it.

Not to bash on Baldeagles, but I doubt if he is thinking that hard about it. I don't say this to insult BE, but maybe he's just playing to have a good time (not that we all aren't). I was playing 3-handed with him a few weeks ago and the third person was sitting out. Quite a few times, I would fold and then he would follow me and fold to the person sitting out! He was complaining a lot about the person sitting out while I'm thinking, this is great! One less person to play against and free blinds!
    81 wrote:
    KQ isn't an aweful hand to call with, depending on what he thinks you have. maybe he thought you were full on bluffing...i dunno....it's been a bit since i've played vs speedy....so i've somewhat forgotten his MO.

i just despise the post flop raise when it's three handed and one guy is all in and the guy raising has nothing but a draw or maybe a pair. GOTTA check that shit out. Unless you have a very good hand, you want the other non all in person in the game to increase the odds of knocking out the all in guy.

I'm on the opposite side. K/Q is a bad calling hand. It's a good raising hand but preflop if someone goes all in ahead of you you need to assume they have at least an ace or a pair. Either way your automatically a dog. I don't know the dynamics of last nights hand but that's my 2 cents.
    rrivers wrote:
    Quite a few times, I would fold and then he would follow me and fold to the person sitting out! He was complaining a lot about the person sitting out while I'm thinking, this is great! One less person to play against and free blinds!

small raise steals the blind :fp: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I'm on the opposite side. K/Q is a bad calling hand. It's a good raising hand but preflop if someone goes all in ahead of you you need to assume they have at least an ace or a pair. Either way your automatically a dog. I don't know the dynamics of last nights hand but that's my 2 cents.

I agree. The only time I'd make that call is if I was short-stacked. He definitely wasn't and I don't recall Speedy bluffing that wild last night either.
    81 wrote:

Yeah or betting during that same scenario on the flop, turn, or river if you don't have a monster hand.
    rrivers wrote:

Quite a few times, I would fold and then he would follow me and fold to the person sitting out! He was complaining a lot about the person sitting out while I'm thinking, this is great! One less person to play against and free blinds!

I won one last night like that.
    Decent hand, flop was crap, I checked, they folded.

WIN! :lol:
    81 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

small raise steals the blind :fp: :lol:

Exactly!
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I agree. The only time I'd make that call is if I was short-stacked. He definitely wasn't and I don't recall Speedy bluffing that wild last night either.

Speedy bluffs wildly every night. :lol:
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736

was this different then what you had, K-10 offsuit when you called me, I had pocket J's the week before last!!! and you hit the river for a straight.

its all good, i was just asking.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

DS1119 wrote:

Speedy bluffs wildly every night. :lol:

:lol:
    Yeah, it was just a weird situation to call him then. When he called, I was like "Really?". Then the cards were shown and it was :fp: -time! hahahaha
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

was this different then what you had, K-10 offsuit when you called me, I had pocket J's the week before last!!! and you hit the river for a straight.

He knocked me out last week on something similar. But I was short-stacked and he was doing pretty good at the time so he didn't have much to lose.
    mca47 wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

He knocked me out last week on something similar. But I was short-stacked and he was doing pretty good at the time so he didn't have much to lose.
    Different situations..

Against BOTH of you..
    I was chip leader and only putting up a small percentage of my chips to make a call...And hopefully knock you out...Right?

Calling each of you was NOT putting MYSELF all in...Right? YOU were both all in. Right?

Or am I old and senile? hehehe
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    mca47 wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Different situations..

Against BOTH of you..
    I was chip leader and only putting up a small percentage of my chips to make a call...And hopefully knock you out...Right?

Calling each of you was NOT putting MYSELF all in...Right? YOU were both all in. Right?

you missed the point, its all good!

but you still called with K-10 offsuit :P

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Different situations..

Against BOTH of you..

No, you're right. We talked about that many posts back. When on top, it's easy to call someone low-stacked. And there is noting wrong with it as ther is nothing to lose. I was referring to the "MCA always gets bit making the right call"...except for that one time in 12+ games kinda thing. Odds, schmods. Hahaha

He called you out of place and should have lost (by 10% difference) but that's the shit of the game.
    I agree with Speedy about being a big stack being able to take chances.

I try to get into a lot of hands with crap hands that are drawing hands hoping I will get lucky and then can get paid off big. But I typically don't call raises with those hands. That's what I (and I think Speedy) finds frustrating: where someone sticks around with crap when you're representing a big hand and hit a card late.
    The one thing that frustrates me with online poker is not of lot of players respect position or even know the power of betting last. They also don't understand the blind situations. If I'm in the small blind...unless there's a huge raise I'm completing my bet and going from there. I don't think alot of players recognize this and fully understand how random these hands can be. I remember busting a guy out of a tourney in Vegas with j/7 after I completed my small blind bet. I flopped a full house and he pushed with his pocket k's. Sorry.
    DS1119 wrote:
    The one thing that frustrates me with online poker is not of lot of players respect position or even know the power of betting last. They also don't understand the blind situations. If I'm in the small blind...unless there's a huge raise I'm completing my bet and going from there. I don't think alot of players recognize this and fully understand how random these hands can be. I remember busting a guy out of a tourney in Vegas with j/7 after I completed my small blind bet. I flopped a full house and he pushed with his pocket k's. Sorry.

he should have popped it up preflop with the kings. make a decent bet, and you are folding j/7

on the flip side, as was beat to death earlier, so many people will with complete crap pre flop
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

he should have popped it up preflop with the kings. make a decent bet, and you are folding j/7

on the flip side, as was beat to death earlier, so many people will with complete crap pre flop

It takes alot to push me off my blinds. I'm definately a defender.:lol:
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

It takes alot to push me off my blinds. I'm definately a defender.:lol:
    That's not really taking position into account. When in the SB I always figure if I fold shit that leaves me half a bet to call with shit on the next hand when I have the button.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    That's not really taking position into account. When in the SB I always figure if I fold shit that leaves me half a bet to call with shit on the next hand when I have the button.

if there is no raise, i'll call with anything from the small blind.

duly noted.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Horos wrote:

My stance is never give up on a hand when I have money invested until you're certain your beat.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Jesus, page 5?