Options

AET Poker Games

Comments

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,944
    Yes..
    I won...

And anyone who thinks those hands are dealt RANDOMLY is just plain silly....

It was OBVIOUS after 10-15 hands...
    That unless I had a complete meltdown....I was going to win that tourney.....

It had NOTHING to do with strategy....
    It had NOTHIING to do with skill...

The COMPUTER dealt me KICK ASS cards...All Night Long....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I've noticed that with Zynga (facebook) poker too. If I can't win one tournament, I can't win any, it's just absurd. But when I win, I win many in a row (or at least place in the top 3)

I usually check "my luck" with low buy in tournaments and then head to the bigger tables if they are falling for me.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    mca47 wrote:
    Who won last night?

Speedy.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Yes..
    I won...

I guess I'm just plain silly. Outside of the last hand, I thought it was a good tourney.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,267
    Yes..
    I won...

Hmmm...I was wondering why I got so many shit cards. You had all the good ones!! :lol:

I do wonder at times if there is something to that. Getting 20 hands in a row without seeing a face card at a 5 person table does make me wonder...and seeing one person at that same table land crazy hands (one dude hit pocket A's like 6 times a couple weeks ago) hand after hand...
    Rigged or not, it's really the only poker I'm playing right now, so it's better than nothing. :? :D
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mca47 wrote:
    I do wonder at times if there is something to that. Getting 20 hands in a row without seeing a face card at a 5 person table does make me wonder...and seeing one person at that same table land crazy hands (one dude hit pocket A's like 6 times a couple weeks ago) hand after hand...
    Rigged or not, it's really the only poker I'm playing right now, so it's better than nothing. :? :D

I don't really think its rigged. I do remember last night the pot was 80 and I was first to act preflop. I raised the pot 4x to 320 (which is aggressive but Speedy was calling EVERY single raise I made and I figured this was enough to force out some weak hands) with A/K and Speedy was next to act with three people behind him. He called with 8/7 spades suited and everyone else folded. Flop comes and it's two spades and I hit the ace. I bet hard into pot and Speedy called. He was a little loose all night so I feared two pair at least or a weak ace. Turn comes and its the k of spades. Two pair for me and he hit his flush. Unfortunately I went all in. Game over.

Moral of what I'm writing is Speedy didn't always have great cards. Some lucky things did happen lat night. And yes I remember too much when I play poker. I blame the teachers. :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

I don't really think its rigged. I do remember last night the pot was 80 and I was first to act preflop. I raised the pot 4x to 320 (which is aggressive but Speedy was calling EVERY single raise I made and I figured this was enough to force out some weak hands) with A/K and Speedy was next to act with three people behind him. He called with 8/7 spades suited and everyone else folded. Flop comes and it's two spades and I hit the ace. I bet hard into pot and Speedy called. He was a little loose all night so I feared two pair at least or a weak ace. Turn comes and its the k of spades. Two pair for me and he hit his flush. Unfortunately I went all in. Game over.

Moral of what I'm writing is Speedy didn't always have great cards. Some lucky things did happen lat night. And yes I remember too much when I play poker. I blame the teachers. :lol:

That's how you got KO'd? Ouch! :lol:
    To Speedy's point though, he was getting great cards all night, then even the bad ones he was able to play and KO people with them. All I know is that I'm changing my seat for this Sunday's game! Clearly, center table isn't Pokerstar's "chosen seat". :lol:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

That's how you got KO'd? Ouch! :lol:
    To Speedy's point though, he was getting great cards all night, then even the bad ones he was able to play and KO people with them. All I know is that I'm changing my seat for this Sunday's game! Clearly, center table isn't Pokerstar's "chosen seat". :lol:

That's my favorite seat! :lol:
  • Options
    It might be rigged but it's more fun for me if I don't think it is so I try not to think about it. The only hand I was suspicious about last night was the last hand. If anyone cares here goes: I was dealt AJ suited spades on the flop. I think Speedy was first to act and raised. I went all in over his raise. He called me. He turns over thost posket 10s. Flop is all spades, with the 10 of spades in there. I was feeling good. Then, I believe the last two cards were Kings, but I could be wrong. Whatever the last two cards were they paired the board giving Speedy a full house and he won. I don't have a problem with him winning. His chip stack was much bigger than mine when we got to heads up.

This was a reason I actually stopped playing Pokerstars and went to Full Tilt when I was playing internet poker regularly before last April. It wasn't that I would lose, but more that when I lost or won it happened much to often in that very fluky manner, where one guy would have the hand and then it would get swiped out from under him. I realize this does happen in real life, but it seemed to happen a lot on Pokerstars, a lot of times in my favor. Since I've been playing with you guys, this is the first time I remember it happening. But it doesn't bother me enough to stop playing because it's really just a once a week thing for me and I'm really enjoying playing.

What did everyone think of the change in the timing of the blinds going up last night?

This sums it up for me (courtesy of mca47) "Rigged or not, it's really the only poker I'm playing right now, so it's better than nothing. :? :D"
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    It might be rigged but it's more fun for me if I don't think it is so I try not to think about it. The only hand I was suspicious about last night was the last hand. If anyone cares here goes: I was dealt AJ suited spades on the flop. I think Speedy was first to act and raised. I went all in over his raise. He called me. He turns over thost posket 10s. Flop is all spades, with the 10 of spades in there. I was feeling good. Then, I believe the last two cards were Kings, but I could be wrong. Whatever the last two cards were they paired the board giving Speedy a full house and he won. I don't have a problem with him winning. His chip stack was much bigger than mine when we got to heads up.

This was a reason I actually stopped playing Pokerstars and went to Full Tilt when I was playing internet poker regularly before last April. It wasn't that I would lose, but more that when I lost or won it happened much to often in that very fluky manner, where one guy would have the hand and then it would get swiped out from under him. I realize this does happen in real life, but it seemed to happen a lot on Pokerstars, a lot of times in my favor. Since I've been playing with you guys, this is the first time I remember it happening. But it doesn't bother me enough to stop playing because it's really just a once a week thing for me and I'm really enjoying playing.

What did everyone think of the change in the timing of the blinds going up last night?

This sums it up for me (courtesy of mca47) "Rigged or not, it's really the only poker I'm playing right now, so it's better than nothing. :? :D"

I preferred the previous format.
  • Options
    I was making dinner while playing last night. It wasn't much of a distraction because I would hear that it was my turn, walk over, click fold, then walk back into the kitchen. Repeat that x25, and that sums up my night. :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

I preferred the previous format.

I preferred it too. I think when it was heads up the big blind was still only 150, which could really prolong the game (since Speedy and I both had over 10,000 chips when we were heads up). That said, people were still getting knocked out so it wasn't stopping that from happening. If there was a medium option, maybe that would work say the blinds going up every 7 minutes or a bigger jump when they do go up at ten minutes.

Just throwing it out there. If Horos prefers it like that I'm fine with it since he is setting it all up.
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I was feeling like when it got to 4-5 players the blinds were so high you had to make a move.

The old format is fine with me as well.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    I was feeling like when it got to 4-5 players the blinds were so high you had to make a move.

The old format is fine with me as well.

With Speedy playing as soon as you throw one chip in the middle you always just have to be ready to make a move. :lol:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Speedy just likes to call.....

and DS just likes to bet

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    and DS just likes to bet

Not true. :fp:
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    81 wrote:

and DS just likes to bet

Well that's one thing we can agree on. :D
    #FHP
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    81 wrote:

and DS just likes to bet

Lies. :lol:
  • Options
    81 wrote:

and DS just likes to bet

I like to fold. :lol:
  • Options
    Anyone up for a game?
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Anyone up for a game?

Fine!

You guys suck!

The only night I don't have to do crap, and nobody wants to play.

Buncha' sucks!

• Options
    I'll play sir.
  • Options
    voidofman wrote:
    I'll play sir.

You wanna create one? I don't want to fail twice in one night! :lol:
  • Options
    I don't really know how to make them but I'll give it a shot.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Anyone up for a game?

Fine!

You guys suck!

The only night I don't have to do crap, and nobody wants to play.

Buncha' sucks!

I'll play but after the Ranger's game. Sorry. Then I have to watch the Coyotes game. My new second favorite hockey team. :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Horos wrote:
    81 wrote:

and DS just likes to bet

+1 :P

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Table set up.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

I'll play but after the Ranger's game. Sorry. Then I have to watch the Coyotes game. My new second favorite hockey team. :lol:
    F the Coyotes! :D
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

F the Coyotes! :D

Go Jets!
  • Options
    voidofman wrote:

Go Jets!

You'd be a better person if you were a Blackhawks fan.

Fact! :lol: