How do you think the end will come for Earth?

drinkbigredinsteaddrinkbigredinstead Posts: 2,240
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
How do you think it will end for planet Earth and If you had to live it which one would you prefer for your end?

Robopocalypse (Terminator style)

Alien invasion (like Signs except no cheesy kill-the-aliens with water, we ALL are taken out)

Nuclear apocalypse (we blow ourselves away, intentionally or accidently- doesn’t really matter in the end)

A comet or other impact from space that we know about months in advance (movie Last Night w/Sandra Oh)

Disease (ebola, flu, MRSA)

We kill mother earth and need to leave (Wall-E)

In my opinion of any of the first 3 are the worst, only because if or when it does happen these are sudden and more than likely we won’t be with our families  and not being there for my children is not something I even want to think about.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    I think aliens first started life on this planet, and the mayan calendar is the date their coming back to check on us. or worse. ;)
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    This is kinda a downer of a thread for a Friday afternoon.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Getting tickets without pressing F5
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 691
    I think an alien invasion would be an interesting way. Life on other planets is one of the things that a lot of people are curious about so it's fascinating to know that we're not the only ones in this universe.
    BUT
    Robopocalypse or alien invasion would probably be torturous! So fast and easy would be better and/or the Wall-E situation!
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • This is kinda a downer of a thread for a Friday afternoon.

True, but I think it will be a downer thread regardless of the day. This was the topic of converstion during lunch today. :shock:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    This is kinda a downer of a thread for a Friday afternoon.

:lol: Definitely more of a Monday morning thread!

I only hope that if/when any of this does happen that Admiral Adama swoops Galactica in and picks me and my family up.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    I think aliens first started life on this planet, and the mayan calendar is the date their coming back to check on us. or worse. ;)

If that's the case pearl jam better play a east coast tour this fall.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    The Chicago Cubs winning the World Series.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,831
    Hell yeah on the Cubbies!!!

Didn't the world already end? 2010, didn't it go to fire?

:lol::lol:
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Zombie apocalypse
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Zombie apocalypse

I hope so. I want to kill some zombies! :D
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    mca47 wrote:
    Zombie apocalypse

Oh me too!!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Stone Gossard will pull the plug.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Zombie apocalypse

Oh me too!!

Zombie-anything is good times...even if it means the end of the world! :lol:
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    I feel a PJ-Zombie Pilot show coming on! :lol:
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I have not seen any of the movies that you speak of...

some of us are already planning for a zombie attack...I believe it consists of leftover objects from PJ20 that didn't get ruined in the rain. Speedy's cooler of sausages and beer is part of it...so is his grill.

i call dibs on unlost's trailer.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    It won't come as a result of someone not getting 10C tickets!

People always act as if the world is ending when they don't get 10C, but so far, the world is still alive and kicking! :o

But seriously, I am thinking Marvin the Martian will give us a huge zap with his ray gun, and that will be all she wrote!
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    RKCNDY wrote:

some of us are already planning for a zombie attack...I believe it consists of leftover objects from PJ20 that didn't get ruined in the rain. Speedy's cooler of sausages and beer is part of it...so is his grill.

Does this mean that we'll be stuck eating bacon wrapped pigeon for the rest of eternity? I mean, because, I will if I have to :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Does this mean that we'll be stuck eating bacon wrapped pigeon for the rest of eternity? I mean, because, I will if I have to :lol:

well, if Speedy's cooler of sausages shows up, I'm not so sure I want any of those... :sick:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DAMONDAMON Posts: 256
    I thought it was crap but I keep see'n signs that make me question: like..

1. Home Depot now take Pay Pal?
    2. Snooky is pregnant!
    feel free to add to list... :wtf:
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

well, if Speedy's cooler of sausages shows up, I'm not so sure I want any of those... :sick:

I still have a few beers in my fridge that were leftover from Alpine. Maybe when I finally open one, it will obliterate the planet.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I still have a few beers in my fridge that were leftover from Alpine. Maybe when I finally open one, it will obliterate the planet.

I have a bottle of Faithful Ale leftover...we should synchronize watches and open them at the same time and see what happens...

- Christopher McCandless
  • DAMONDAMON Posts: 256
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

People always act as if the world is ending when they don't get 10C, but so far, the world is still alive and kicking! :o

But seriously, I am thinking Marvin the Martian will give us a huge zap with his ray gun, and that will be all she wrote!

Its an "Q39 Explosive Space Modulator" !!! ;)
    DAMON wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Its an "Q39 Explosive Space Modulator" !!! ;)

Duly noted!

I've been schooled!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    How do you think it will end for planet Earth and If you had to live it which one would you prefer for your end?

Robopocalypse (Terminator style)

Alien invasion (like Signs except no cheesy kill-the-aliens with water, we ALL are taken out)

Nuclear apocalypse (we blow ourselves away, intentionally or accidently- doesn’t really matter in the end)

A comet or other impact from space that we know about months in advance (movie Last Night w/Sandra Oh)

Disease (ebola, flu, MRSA)

We kill mother earth and need to leave (Wall-E)

In my opinion of any of the first 3 are the worst, only because if or when it does happen these are sudden and more than likely we won’t be with our families  and not being there for my children is not something I even want to think about.
    Out of those choices I would take a celestial event for sure unless on the last one
    some humans could leave and carry on elsewhere, that would be nice to know
    our life form continuing.

I agree I would want to be with my children and JB and know ahead.

The disease one is the most awful to have so many suffer and pass.

Mean ass Aliens would be my least favorite especially Reptilian or Insect types
    and although I love Arnold the terminator scared the dickens out of me.

It really matters not God's got our backs :D
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    nukes
    conman wrote:
    nukes

scary when this prediction comes from a military man!
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    conman wrote:
    nukes

scary when this prediction comes from a military man!
    it's only a matter of time in my opinion
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    clowns. lots and lots of clowns.

3855-afraid_clowns.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Well earth will continue for most of these scenarios. Likely for a long, long time.

Humans can survive through a lot of these events too. Maybe few... in isolated packs and clans... and a new age would start.

I am troubled by overpopulation. This can cause disease, famine, war, etc... I think a supervolcano can also end our times pretty easily.