Bar-Coded Condoms Track You

mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
hell once you've stopped to put on a condom
then you scan it on your phone?
well, i guess you scan it before you put it on . . .

http://living.msn.com/love-relationship ... the-future

Here's what's fancy: Discovery News reports that Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest has distributed 55,000 condoms around local colleges and universities that feature implanted QR codes, which track when and where people have sex. The reported data is then collected on a website called WhereDidYouWearIt.com.

It's sort of the Foursquare of sex: each condom has a barcode which the user can scan with their Smartphone to upload their location as well as general details of their sexual experience (anonymously). An unconventional way to promote public health? Yes. But it does sound kind of fun, right?

A rep for Planned Parenthood says of the check-in system: "Condoms are an essential tool in preventing unintended pregnancy and stopping the spread of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including HIV... We hope the site promotes discussions within relationships about condoms and helps to remove perceived stigmas that some people may have about condom use. Where Did You Wear It attempts to create some fun around making responsible decisions."
fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    It's sort of the Foursquare of sex: each condom has a barcode which the user can scan with their Smartphone to upload their location as well as general details of their sexual experience (anonymously).

sorry, not buyiing what they are selling here.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I can't wait for someone to check in from the Dumbo ride at Disney...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

now that might be fun....random odd ball scans :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    RKCNDY wrote:

That's why this is a stupid idea... college kids are going scan these in strange places whether they have sex there or not.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    and then there is the potential for the dreaded double scan scam :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Church
    There is a PP around the corner from me...I could go pick up a handful if you guys wanna do some prank scans...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • scan your skin...

now Ive heard everything. prank scans do sound like fun... Id ship them all over to friends around the world to do it in weird places
    RKCNDY wrote:
    There is a PP around the corner from me...I could go pick up a handful if you guys wanna do some prank scans...

you should bring a case to the Chicago party at the end of the month....we could have an orgy...although, with teh boy/girl ratio shaping up at 4/1...the girls could be tired by the end of the night.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    scan your skin...

now Ive heard everything. prank scans do sound like fun... Id ship them all over to friends around the world to do it in weird places

now you're tempting me...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

you should bring a case to the Chicago party at the end of the month....we could have an orgy...although, with teh boy/girl ratio shaping up at 4/1...the girls could be tired by the end of the night.

:shock:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

:shock:
    :shock: ;) :shock:
    I lost a bet...
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

now you're tempting me
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Church

scanned
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Church

scanned

:lol:
    FUCK! they only had Canadian condoms..."Proper Attire-Required for Entry" :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    We can still have an orgy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

You go and have your funsies...don't you have 4 dates for dinner?

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Just cubee girl and me....all the others punked out
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Four dates? :shock:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

This, at the very least, would require dinner at Charlie Trotters... :lol::lol:
    I lost a bet...
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

make sure you also order the most expensive bottle of wine that they have... :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    81 wrote:

:shock: :lol:

closest walmart? KY in bulk might be necessary.
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:

:shock: :lol:

closest walmart? KY in bulk might be necessary.
    Will stop on the way....just around the corner from me :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

This is where we temper expectations...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

now that might be fun....random odd ball scans :lol:

scan a bunch of them simultaneosly at a Planned Parenthood office...that'll make things interesting!
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    they track you?

How does that read?

in out in out in out in out....
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

This is where we temper expectations...

Trust me, my expectations for the orgy are quite tempered... :lol::lol:
    I lost a bet...
    :lol:

that Trotter place looks pretty pompus...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    confessional booth