McDonald's to sell deep-fried McRib with bacon

mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
in Austria

holy cholesterol batman

deep-fried, bacon-topped McRib with cheese and chili sauce and some other shit

http://now.msn.com/money/0229-mcribster-austria.aspx

​Say auf wiedersehen to your diet and hello to the McRib spinoff. If you like heart attacks and McRibs, you may want to book a quick vacation to beautiful Austria where McDonald's has launched, for a limited time, a deep-fried, bacon-topped McRib sandwich with pepper Jack cheese, lettuce, red onion, honey mustard and spicy sweet chili sauce. But don't expect many pleas to bring the "McRibster" to America, as reaction on Twitter is skewing towards "vomit," "disgusting" and just general disdain for the McRib spinoff with even more calories.
fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    :lol:

Yummy
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    That doesn't sound good really.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    DS1119 wrote:
    That doesn't sound good really.

hell
    throw something else really salty in the mix
    and
    holy heart attack batman
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • That doesn't sound to appetizing...
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    Why fuck with such a good thing?
  • Those things are fuckin' nasty to begin with...
  • I love the way the author of that piece acts like "don't expect there to be a market for it here in the states...we're appalled!"...what, you mean the nation which embraces the KFC Double Down? (the bun is made out of two pieces of deep fried chicken for God's sake! Google it if you've not seen it)

That's no offense by the way...I visited the States for the first time last summer and took full advantage of 3 weeks of decadent fast food heaven (I don't think my body could handle any more than the 3 weeks!). The Double Down was great - I wish we got it in the UK!

...yeah, I'd try this...so would the rest of you! Give in to your disgusting slutty side! :)
    You can't spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets - you can't come to terms and realize you're the only one who can forgive yourself - it makes much more sense to live in the present tense.

Leeds Festival - 25/08/2006, London O2 - 18/08/2009. London Hyde Park - 25/06/2010...upcoming... Manchester MEN - 20/06/2012, Manchester MEN - 21/06/2012 :)
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    Reminds me of "The Clogger" in the Simpsons movie.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I love the way the author of that piece acts like "don't expect there to be a market for it here in the states...we're appalled!"...what, you mean the nation which embraces the KFC Double Down? (the bun is made out of two pieces of deep fried chicken for God's sake! Google it if you've not seen it)

That's no offense by the way...I visited the States for the first time last summer and took full advantage of 3 weeks of decadent fast food heaven (I don't think my body could handle any more than the 3 weeks!). The Double Down was great - I wish we got it in the UK!

...yeah, I'd try this...so would the rest of you! Give in to your disgusting slutty side! :)

in Europe, they still have the deep fried apple pies...we just get the 'baked' mushy apple pies. :x
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Are the apple pies deep fried here? I'll have to try one of them! Not much of a McDonald's fan myself but can't resist a booty call every few months! :)
    You can't spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets - you can't come to terms and realize you're the only one who can forgive yourself - it makes much more sense to live in the present tense.

Leeds Festival - 25/08/2006, London O2 - 18/08/2009. London Hyde Park - 25/06/2010...upcoming... Manchester MEN - 20/06/2012, Manchester MEN - 21/06/2012 :)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Are the apple pies deep fried here? I'll have to try one of them! Not much of a McDonald's fan myself but can't resist a booty call every few months! :)

that's what I heard...

http://susansfooddiary.blogspot.com/201 ... in-uk.html
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    This is only asking for trouble. That said, I'd still try it once.
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    mfc2006 wrote:

I totally agree!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    I'll be first in line if it ever makes it to the states!! :twisted: :D
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    job security for a cardiac nurse :?
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Carey wrote:

And drug companies making cholesterol drugs

:roll:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Carey wrote:

And drug companies making cholesterol drugs

:roll:

Oh it's getting political.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    I'd try it
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Fact
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Fattening, artery clogging rubbish. Love McCafe coffee though!
  • Jon ChorbaJon Chorba Posts: 268
    I'd try it, too.

If You Like Crunchy Guitar Riffs, Powerful Vocals, Melodic Guitar Solos, And Meaningful Lyrics..then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in quite some time...-->The Liberty Underground<--
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    thefixer9 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

I totally agree!

me too :sick:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    RiotZact wrote:
    I'd try it

I would definitely try it.

I don't know why people get all up in arms about shit like this. If you don't like it, don't eat it!
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,444
    Cracks me up how people condemn McDonalds for coming up with this...
    And other not so healthy menu items....

You wont clog your arteries...
    You wont go in to cardiac arrest....
    You wont weigh 600lbs.....
    If you choose to eat 1 Deep Fried McRib every month or so....

Whose fault is it that some people CHOOOSE to eat high calorie, high fat, artery clogging meals, 3 times a day????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • SweetChildofMineSweetChildofMine Posts: 842
    edited March 2012
    I was just reading an article about a 5000 year old "iceman" and typing his genomes who had clogged arteries wasnt eatin McDonald's. Its partially genetically hereditary to get hardened arteries. Im not advocating McDonalds however....
    Post edited by SweetChildofMine on
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Cracks me up how people condemn McDonalds for coming up with this...
    And other not so healthy menu items....

You wont clog your arteries...
    You wont go in to cardiac arrest....
    You wont weigh 600lbs.....
    If you choose to eat 1 Deep Fried McRib every month or so....

Whose fault is it that some people CHOOOSE to eat high calorie, high fat, artery clogging meals, 3 times a day????

It's because people are always looking for someone to blame!
  • Right.
    I dont advocate McDonalds for ecological reasons. Only thing "good" McDonalds does is feed people who are poor or homeless with their dollar menu. Actually a dollar burger is a negative....the amount of resources which goes into a dollar hamburger is actually costs more than a dollar.