Thanks to 10 Club

nicksmith33nicksmith33 Posts: 38
edited February 2012 in The Porch
Hello all,
As you can see I don't post here a lot but I frequently check the board for new things of interest. I know that many people complain frequently about the 10 Club and I felt compelled to defend them and give much credit where credit is due.
Back when the 2010 Holiday Singles were going out, I waited for mine and saw posts that many were receiving their copy. After several weeks, I contacted the 10 Club and asked about the status. They promptly responded with apologies and asked that I give it until the end of that week to see if it arrived. It didn't, so I gave it another couple weeks. Then I finally contacted them and explained that I still hadn't received it. They had absolutely no confirmation that I was telling the truth and wasn't trying to just get something out of them for free. But I received a prompt reply apologizing again and stating they would get one sent out quickly. A few days later it was at my house. Then last week, the originally mailed copy of the vinyl and DEEP magazine was waiting on my doorstep when I got home from work. I assume the postal service or whoever shipped these had a mistake somewhere, thus the delay with delivery. So I contacted the 10 Club and explained what happened and they were very polite and just asked that I return the copy to sender. Finally got it back to the post office today so it should be back in the proper hands soon.
I know some will say this was just good customer service and all that. But I feel like given the fact that so many people try to flip merch on other sites and so forth, they put a lot of faith into a fan who was being honest and never questioned it. And for that I felt compelled to post a public thank you to 10Club and remind many of those who are not happy with them to think about some of the many good things they do for us.
Thanks for reading.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I was suppose to receive the 2011 X-Mas single a month ago and it has yet to come, it said 4-8 weeks and it's been 10. Does it make a difference if I live in Canada or not? I mean a package from Seattle to Montreal shouldn't take 4-8 weeks should it? I received the "I'm Analog" shirt but no vinyl or mag, still waiting for that nock at the door.
    Go listen to John Frusciante right now!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    I was suppose to receive the 2011 X-Mas single a month ago and it has yet to come, it said 4-8 weeks and it's been 10. Does it make a difference if I live in Canada or not? I mean a package from Seattle to Montreal shouldn't take 4-8 weeks should it? I received the "I'm Analog" shirt but no vinyl or mag, still waiting for that nock at the door.

if i were you, i would call/email the 10c. they'll sort it out for you.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    I was suppose to receive the 2011 X-Mas single a month ago and it has yet to come, it said 4-8 weeks and it's been 10. Does it make a difference if I live in Canada or not? I mean a package from Seattle to Montreal shouldn't take 4-8 weeks should it? I received the "I'm Analog" shirt but no vinyl or mag, still waiting for that nock at the door.

if i were you, i would call/email the 10c. they'll sort it out for you.

I have, about a month ago and they said they were sending another one, hopefully that one gets here.
    Go listen to John Frusciante right now!
  • Good story.

I purchased the Zombie T last Halloween and received the same package twice (having only paid for one). I always pride myself in trying to do the right thing so I contacted Customer Service and they asked me to send it back. I did so, then got a free bootleg download code and they re-imbursed my shipping paid. I was TREMENDOUSLY satisfied with the transaction.

Yeah, it kinda sucks when things don't go our way (limited items, ticket system meltdowns, etc.), but I for one appreciate the 10c and their efforts.
    Hey, hey. My, my. Rock and roll can never die.

"Why go home? I am home! And I gotta tell you, it feels FUCKIN GREAT to be here. You may experience this yourself but, if you were born in Chicago, you're always from Chicago. And even if you don't live in Chicago, Chicago will always live in you."-Ed
  • Just to clear something up, the 2011 hasn't been announced yet. The 2010 was the "No Jeremy, Falling Down" record.

...speaking of which, I need to email 10C about that.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • i just sent a email to 10C thanking them for getting me my 2010 single. they said my address was correct in the system but would send out another copy.

If a second copy shows up, i will send it back or ask them to charge me for it. I usually buy a second copy when they put them up for sale in the goods section.

I wish i had contacted them back when the last kiss (hand x-ray) single didn't show up. thant's they only one i don't have. it's always so much $$$ on ebay.
    The plural of VINYL is VINYL. slh

1996 - Randalls Island 9/28 9/29, Buffalo 10/1
    1998 - Camden 8/28 8/29, East Rutherford 9/8, MSG 9/10, Hartford 9/13
    2000 - Letterman 4/12, Jones Beach 8/23 8/24 8/25, Saratoga Springs 8/27
    2003 - Long Island 4/30, Phoenix 6/7, MSG 7/8 7/9
    2006 - San Diego 7/7
    2009 - Philly IV 10/31
    2010 - MSG 5/20 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 Movie 9/23
    2012 - EV Phoenix 4/13
    2013 - Phoenix 11/19
    2016 - Telluride 7/10
    2018 - Boston/Fenway 9/4
    2019 - EV Tempe Innings Festival 3/3
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,634
    Bumping this. 

Thank you, 10C for all you do and all you put up with. 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    agreed . you guys got way more tickets this time for the members. most of us are pretty well behaved its the 5 percent that is the problem. 
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,818
    Agreed. Thanks 10C! I have enjoyed all of the service over the years! I haven’t always won my lottery choices but done pretty well and always thrilled with the tickets I get (GA Jacksonville, priceless!).

Thanks so much!
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,835
    Holy crap!!!! I thought you received your Christmas single 10 years too late...lol , then I read the original posting date of Feb 2012.  For a second I thought I might have to quite day drinking. 

10 club rocks, thank you for everything you do. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    Bump! Great post! 

I had contacted 10c about changing my name when I got married and THEY pointed out to ME that my tee shirt code had just expired but directed me to someone that would hopefully find my size and send it out. I was delighted but not surprised by how cool 10c is!! 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11
  • desolatejoydesolatejoy Posts: 336
    edited January 2020
    I heartily endorse this message! 😊👍🏻
    Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...