Options

*** Azkena Rock Festival; Vitoria-Gasteiz Fanviews Here 2/9 ***

BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
~

Pearl Jam Set List: Go, Last Exit, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Do The Evolution, Even Flow, Marker In The Sand, MFC, Daughter / (Blitzkrieg Bop), Green Disease, Grievance, Gone, Why Go, Down, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Spin The Black Circle

1st Encore: I Believe In Miracles, Black, Given To Fly, Save You, Alive

2nd Encore: (Romanza) / Betterman / (Save It For Later), Rearviewmirror, Blood, Rocking in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Early Set List Source Message Pit’s “MineAmI” and RTVE live stream

Set List Source: tenclub.net and sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/fanscene

~
y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ohh thank God...those fuckers at the radio station that cut out during RVM didn't make me miss Hunger Strike. Man I woulda been pissed if PJ had played it after the radio station had to go off the air.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    CageyCagey Posts: 220
    'twas nice to hear this last night, though the sound quality was dire and the DJ kept interupting all the intro's, but can't complain, pity they dropped the airing during RVM, but we didn't miss all that much. The crowd sounded well up for it ... Eddie's suspect spanish was funny though.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    I love the fact that Eddie spoke quite a bit in spanish

full show solid setlist, now i wish i was there haha (being in barcelona at this time, it really wasnt all that far away) Loved listening to it streaming though!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    so many good european shows to purchase. where do we start...
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    It was my first PJ concert (although not the last one) and I'm speechless. Nothing I say can describe the atmosphere there. The setlist was awesome, the crowd was really into it and Ed Vedder and the band seemed to be having a great time (Mike Mcready sat on Jeff Ament's shoulders and they played together in that position for a while). As I see it, highlights were Betterman (with us singing and Ed playing), Alive, Even Flow, Rearviewmirror (played after we asked for it), I Believe in Miracles and Rockin' in the Free World, but the whole gig was amazing.

I really appreciate the fact that Ed spoke Spanish, and he really moved me with his words. I hope the concert in Madrid is similar to this gig although it was unique.

PJ are the kings of the world!!!!!
  • Options
    Let me tell you that I’m not a hardcore fan of any band... In fact, there were a bunch of songs of Pearl Jam I didn’t know the other day in the Azkena Rock! But the concert was really unforgettable, really nice! I wish I could speak in better english to tell you about my feelings :)

I decided to stay in the first lines next to the stage with three friends for an hour and a half, while My Morning Jacket were playing in the other stage. Then we could feel the pain in our legs and the feeling that something big was coming... Just when the band came out and the first chords of “Go” (I knew that one!) were heard, everybody started jumping, two of my friends who were girls needed to go out of the crowd and I lost my other friend :D But people were really nice, there was a lot of jumping and singing but (at least where I was) there was no moshing... I’m quite slim and with glasses and I survived there the whole show :D Thanks also to Pearl Jam for the extra security measures they put...

A lot of memories... All the people singing together, sometimes you could look at somebody and feel you were really sharing an incredible moment... When I was shouting that “why can’t it be miiiiiiiiiiiiiiine” just at the same time as Eddie Vedder... When we were singing that “doodoodoodoo-doodoodoo” also at the end of “Black” for some minutes while they were playing...

And the speaches in spanish, in one of those Eddie said that the audience were giving them reasons to live (in fact he said “venir”, to come, but I suppose he meant “vivir”, to live) and that he hoped they were giving us also those reasons with their music. He was right, because I can remember many moments (that walk while we were listening to Black, that bed with Alive coming out the TV, that night with Rearviewmirror as a miracle in that bar...) attached forever to his band.

Not only I enjoyed with the show, but now I feel like I would like a lot to invite Pearl Jam to a beer in my city in Spain :D Eddie, you will never read this and I’m not a crazy fan :D but let me tell you that we have so many moments to thank you that you really have thousands of FRIENDS worldwide :)

Good luck for everybody!
  • Options
    2vic2vic Posts: 7
    I was in Vitoria for the whole Festival (I'm french, I just came to Vitoria to see Pearl Jam outdoor!!!) and I realized that something incredible happened here...

The Azkena festival has a simple concept : two stages face to face, and when a band is playing, the crew prepares the other stage, so you don't have to wait between bands. The crowd just have to migrate.

So, it's 3 days of concerts from 5 pm to 4 am, and something is growing here, something big. The crowd is growing, PJ T-shirts everywhere, and suddenly, it seems that all those bands, even the Stooges are just here to introduce PJ, warming the crowd for them.

Three days of warming.

Because, you know, Azkena is not a big Festival : it's not LEEDS. Pearl Jam and Iggy were the only "stars"of the festival. And everybody was waiting for the last show.

The last day, they put those fences, and we all feel it was different. And it was. the migration thing didn t work very well, most people were staying next to the big stage, waiting ... I guess "my morning jacket" didn't have 1/10 of the people who were there this day...

The moment came. Security guys (and girls, a very nice one...) arrived and stand behind the fences, watching us, and we understand how big , how different it will be.

PEARL JAM is finally here. And the crowd explode. It's three days of warming up finally coming to an end. The crowd is thankfull. And, i think it's a Spanish archetype, for every song, the audience is clapping hands with the songs. For every song. I had never see that.

And the band was good, and Eddie speaks in Spanish, thanks the audience, play a song they were asked for ...

You know, it was a good experience. It worth being there for three days, waiting. It made it even more incredible.

I wish I won't be disapointed in Paris !!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Alzhaid wrote:
    And the speaches in spanish
    Yeah! Eddie rocks! Of course so do the other members of the band and the audience, but to put forth the effort to speak the home language is very nice.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    The Madrid show is the third one I see in the tour. The first one were Dublin and Vitoria. And, IMHO, this one was the best, followed by Vitoria. I'm very sorry, but I didn't like very much Dublin. The sound was really bad (I didn't hear the bass at all, and hardly the three guitars) and the setlist was not the best in my opinion. In Vitoria the sound was good and I think the band had a very good time. I couldn't talk for three days after so much singing...
    But Madrid was special (it's my hometown, I know). After 15 years without PJ, people was really crazy, much more than in Dublin or Vitoria. And they start with Better Man... and then, more than 1 hour non-stop music. And, put apart a few songs, it was just like being in 1994: Ten, VS, Vitalogy. I eally miss some of my favourite PJ songs: Smile, Light Years, All hose Yesterdays, Save You (they played it in Vitoria), but, I must say that the times I listened to these songs live (bootlegs...) were not the same as in studio, specially Smile (why doesn't it have the same special, sharp, sound?).
    It was also nice when Eddie said that...
    -Next time, in one or two years, when we come back (people crazy...), G Bush won't be the president of the USA (or something like that) (people carzy again...) and then, they begin with World Wide Suicide...
    I really think that today, they regret not having played in Madrid for 15 years...
    By the way, the sound was not too bad ...

I can't finish this without a mention:
    Nice wrote:
    I think there were hardly any Spanish people in that show... There were people from EVERYWHERE around the world!! Spanish people is not usually that effusive... It was too much of a great audience to be mostly Spanish...
    There are many many GILIPOLLAS in the world, but certainly, you, NICE, are one of the BIGGEST

Saludos
    Dublin 23/8/06 - Vitoria 2/9/06 - Madrid 7/9/06
    Lisbon 8/6/07 - Madrid 9/6/07 - London 18/6/07 - Düsseldorf 21/6/07 - Copenhagen 26/6/07
    New York 24/6/08 - New York 25/6/08
    Rotterdam 13/8/09 - Berlin 15/8/09 - Manchester 17/8/09 - London 18/8/09 - Seattle 21/9/09 - Seattle 22/9/09
    Bilbao 9/7/10
  • Options
    Well, in fact I do think that many times in spain people are not very effusive in concerts, at least sometimes... of course is different if you go to a La Polla concert than to Marlango, but for example I was in Bilbao for Red Hot Chili Peppers and the people didn't move a single bit until the end... I was dancing from the beginning and then I realized that some people were looking at me a little angry, maybe I was disturbing them (without any touching, I was only dancing).

That's why I liked so much the concert in Vitoria, at least were I was people were dancing all the time and without pushing each other :)

Y oye, que soy de aquí eh, y fijo que el concierto de Madrid de PJ fue perfecto, no digo que no :)

P.S. I just read now the blog of Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, compare:

in France: "there were people, one after another, climbing up and diving off the stage. I tell you, their energy is just beyond belief!!"

in Spain: "we were kind of stunned in the beginning to see hardly any reaction in the audience during each number, but in between numbers, we realized, they roared with excitement! Though we did not see any mosh-dives, we saw that the audience was enjoying our music with their souls"
  • Options
    2vic2vic Posts: 7
    Alzhaid wrote:
    Well, in fact I do think that many times in spain people are not very effusive in concerts, at least sometimes... of course is different if you go to a La Polla concert than to Marlango, but for example I was in Bilbao for Red Hot Chili Peppers and the people didn't move a single bit until the end... I was dancing from the beginning and then I realized that some people were looking at me a little angry, maybe I was disturbing them (without any touching, I was only dancing).

That's why I liked so much the concert in Vitoria, at least were I was people were dancing all the time and without pushing each other :)

Y oye, que soy de aquí eh, y fijo que el concierto de Madrid de PJ fue perfecto, no digo que no :)

P.S. I just read now the blog of Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, compare:

in France: "there were people, one after another, climbing up and diving off the stage. I tell you, their energy is just beyond belief!!"

in Spain: "we were kind of stunned in the beginning to see hardly any reaction in the audience during each number, but in between numbers, we realized, they roared with excitement! Though we did not see any mosh-dives, we saw that the audience was enjoying our music with their souls"

It's exactly whatI felt, being in both Vitoria and Paris shows. Vitoria was just better. as much energy, but well driven : clapping hands all the time, singing, dancing, having fun.

Paris was more like pushing, shouting, and be "badass"...

Vitoria audience was very impressive. they didn't want black to end for example, singing and clapping their hands, making the band continue the song. In Paris, they stopped really early.
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Great gig, fantastic crowd>>>a must have bootleg!!!!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1