Options

After seeing 4 shows in the last 9 days…

spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Starting with Camden #1, where I won the lottery and got first row center for one of the most memorable Pearl Jam shows I’ve ever seen, my 21st, this tour has been perfect for me, although I can’t help but be aware of the fact that it has been far from perfect for others.

I, on the other hand, have been very lucky this time around…

I got shut out of buying TenClub tickets for both MSG shows, but did score a pair to both Camden #1 and Hartford. I was able to trade my extra to both those shows for tickets to both MSG shows.

Besides being blown away by having first row dead center for Camden #1, I was very happy with all my other seats, having a modestly low fan club number of #208xxx.

You learn something every tour it seems … about the band, about the fans, and about yourself. My first show was Randall’s Island #2 1996, and I’ve seen shows on every tour since then, including traveling around a bit with the Vote For Change tour in 2004, into the wild of Canada for a few shows in 2005, and to London for the Wembley show last year. I have met so many cool people, and many of them I stay in touch with regularly and still see at many shows, they’ve become friends and it really adds so much to the entire Pearl Jam experience.

The band is so on top of their game right now … these shows have been some of the best ever … they are feeding off the energy of the fans and enjoying what they do, and it shows!

People will always find something to complain about it seems, but personally I’ve loved every minute of it. I think the setlists have been truly amazing, and the crowds, for the most part have been great. There are an awful lot of drunken frat boy types showing up lately, but I refuse to let them ruin it for me. I try to avoid them as much as possible, although I enjoy a few beers and smokes before any show myself, but I’ve found it’s best to hang with the fanclub members as much as possible…they are usually there because they love the band as much as I do, and they have made this entire tour for me!

Last night at Hartford was my last show this tour, and what a fitting end it was … just when we all thought, “how could they ever top those two MSG shows…” they seemed to find a way to do so.

Thanks so much to decidestodream for hooking me up with a great trading partner for my Hartford ticket last night … we had a nice time driving up from NYC to Hartford, thank God we got an early start and she knew a great way to go … we left the City at 1:30, and when we arrived in Hartford by about 4:30 or so, I went directly to the venue to get our tickets.

Fortunately there was virtually no line at the TenClub ticket windows at about 5:30 or so, and there were about four windows open at the time, although I heard some people complaining about their seats not being as good as they expected them to be, and I felt the same way but didn’t say anything … I was in section #400 row JJ, with a fanclub number of #208xxx, but I was not too upset because they really weren’t that bad and our whole sectioned rocked for the entire show!

Many of us were aware of the TenClub ticket window fiasco that was going on outside as the show began, and I felt so sorry for all those people, hardcore fans like me no doubt, who have a right to be totally pissed at getting screwed like that. You shouldn’t be punished with missing the first five or six songs just for not showing up several hours before the show as I was able to do.

I had no way to get back to New Jersey from the show last night, so I made a cardboard sign that read, in big black letters: NYC … I hitchhiked cars leaving the parking lot and got a ride almost immediately with a 19 year old kid, not a drunken frat boy, who had been working at the venue at one of the concession stands … he lives in Boston, but was driving home to see his parents in Princeton, NJ, so he took me all the way to the Secaucus Railway Station right off the NJ Turnpike (for the price of a tank full of $4 a gallon gasoline!!), and I caught a train directly home from there…

Lessons learned: Get there early, get your TenClub tickets early, THEN go party … avoid rowdy drunken fans … take a deep breath and try to enjoy the moment for what it is, and don’t whine if you’re hearing Even Flow for the third of fourth time this tour … just wait til you hear the next song!! Enjoy, indeed APPRECIATE the cool people you meet who are associated with this band and their exceptional fan base, they will greatly add to your overall enjoyment … believe in Karma … it works!

Thanks Pearl Jam ... and thanks TenClub once again for an awesome experience and some more great memories!
I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    sounds awesome man... I really wish I could've found a way to catch that show last night. Oh well, next tour I'm going all fucking out!!
  • Options
    great post man, My last one will be Mansfield on Monday, I was so tempted to drive straight to Mansfield after Hartford last night, but money wouldn't allow me, oh well, Anyway everything you said is right on, every tour new friends, old friends, new shows, great shows, setlists, journey's it's all an amazing experience. Pearl Jam is the only band that comes even remotely close to making that happen for me. I love this band and my friends that I travel to see them with and see at the shows.

1 more to go, I miss you already
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    _outlaw wrote:
    sounds awesome man... I really wish I could've found a way to catch that show last night. Oh well, next tour I'm going all fucking out!!
    start saving now...well after I buy all of the boots :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1