Ed lost the Grammy

Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
edited February 2008 in The Porch
...that he was nominated for. Can't say I'm surprised:

"Among the other winners: the best score soundtrack album went to Michael Giacchino, the composer for "Ratatouille." Siedah Garret & Henry Krieger's "Love You I Do," from "Dreamgirls," won best song written for motion picture, television or other visual media."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003709100
“Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Beaten by a mouse...

What a lousy 2,000 post!!!
  • Thought the ceremony starts at 5pm pacific time...it's not 5 yet...
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    He didn't loose the Grammys. There is nothing to loose.

It's tacky, silly and not logical at all that Eddie should be given an award for a song he wrote. You can't rate music.
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
  • Thanks, girl. I was just starting to look up early results...hoping Eddie or Chris would win. Oh well, no big surprise. Thanks for the update. I'm still gonna watch just to see the Foos and Amy Wino.
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    I thought the Grammy's were tonight!?

I guess they are not LIVE then huh?
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Thought the ceremony starts at 5pm pacific time...it's not 5 yet...

it was one of those awards not part of the live broadcast...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • it was one of those awards not part of the live broadcast...
    oh..:o'
    Whatevs, we still love you, Ed :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    it was one of those awards not part of the live broadcast...

ohhh....ok!!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    It was a live webcast that just ended...

Slayer one for best hard rock duo or group - or something like that for a re-issued album with one new song on it...

And the Foos got two awards for "The Pretender" They were there to accept. Funny as always! Dave thanked his daughter for giving him the inspiration to write another album..
    be philanthropic
  • "Thanks, I guess"

Who cares about the grammys, I don't need an award ceremony to tell me what good music is
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,859
    I thought the Grammy's were tonight!?

I guess they are not LIVE then huh?

some awards are given out before the show. Otherwise it would be a very long show. And this year there are gonna be a lot of performances because of the 50th anny.
    I miss igotid88
  • did he show up?
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    Thanks, girl. I was just starting to look up early results...hoping Eddie or Chris would win. Oh well, no big surprise. Thanks for the update. I'm still gonna watch just to see the Foos and Amy Wino.

i thought she was appearing via link up or something - she'd only fall off the stage if they let her up there anyway
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Viggo wrote:
    He didn't loose the Grammys. There is nothing to loose.

It's tacky, silly and not logical at all that Eddie should be given an award for a song he wrote. You can't rate music.

well if you can't rate music then you can't rate much. best get rid of the nobel prize (all of them) and the pulitzer prize.
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,712
    Oops, wrong thread
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• Was Eddie at the grammy's? I couldn't watch
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • hobbes wrote:
    well if you can't rate music then you can't rate much. best get rid of the nobel prize (all of them) and the pulitzer prize.

The Grammy is a joke ... way far more than the nobel and pulitzer prize.
    There should be those awards for those who can´t chose or decide for themselves what´s good or not.

I think that most of us here in the PJ Message Pit don´t give a sh** about the Grammy...otherwise, we wouldn´t love PJ, but Beyoncé, J. Timberlake and other sh**s.
    Daniella Duarte
    **Que Porra estávamos pensando?** EV São Paulo 03/12/05
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    grammys confirmed for me that the foo's are the worst band to ever walk the earth! kanye should have won album of the year too..
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • And the Foos got two awards for "The Pretender"

You have GOT to be kidding. It must have been a slow year.
  • ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    hobbes wrote:

The Nobel Prize are given to someone that are doing something great for us. Of course you will have people disagreeing about who should win. Awards are never fair. I remember when Eddie got the environmentalist of the year award. He said that it was weird being given an award for being a human.

Grammys, Oscars, Golden Globe, Tonys and I don't know what are a group of people deciding who THEY think are the better band, movie etc.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AHEYs0CMe4U (Pearl Jam 1996 Grammy's Speech)
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
  • Yes I am a loser I watched the Grammy's last night. I have to say the best part was Vince Gill's comments to Kanye West about "receiving his award from a Beatle(Ringo) " - "you can't say that can you Kanye"!! That was brilliant!!!!!!!
    Peace,
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • I thought Dreamgirls was 2006?! Am I missing something??
  • halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    Well, Rattatouille - there was a rat, not a mouse, I guess.
    Don't You think it's funny? Ed beaten by a rat. But not ordinary rat. The best rat-cook in the world. This s something
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    "I don't know what this means. I don't think it means anything." I doubt Ed is crying himself to sleep. We know what we think about his music and that's all that matters too me. I didn't even watch the Grammys last night and I used to.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    How do you lose something that was never yours in the first place???
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    based on the level of talent that won grammys last night, I am almost rather pleased that Ed did not win one and wasn't lumped into that.

I honestly cannot say that I saw much talent in the entire 2 hours my wife and I watched.

its really pathetic that these people (rap, R&B) call themselves artists????
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    NC_Irie wrote:
    based on the level of talent that won grammys last night, I am almost rather pleased that Ed did not win one and wasn't lumped into that.

I honestly cannot say that I saw much talent in the entire 2 hours my wife and I watched.

its really pathetic that these people (rap, R&B) call themselves artists????

Agree with you.
    I'm glad that Eddie didn't win this award, but Peter Travers (Rolling Stone magazine) don't.

"Grammy News: The recording industry had its chance to reward Eddie Vedder for "Guaranteed," the great song he wrote for Into the Wild. And what did the honchos do? Their choice for movie song of the year was the forgettable "Love You I Do" from Dreamgirls. I'm tempted to give up, but bitching is better."
    http://www.rollingstone.com/blogs/traverstake/2008/02/monday-movie-moaning.php#more
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • oh..:o'
    Whatevs, we still love you, Ed :)
    yeah you are rigth but anyway fucking grammys....
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • knittedknitted Posts: 244
    the oscar thing still bugs me more.

as for the grammys, well, hey, flight of the conchords won! and celebrated with a pizza!
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats